Author Topic: 'Shroom Spotlight  (Read 35175 times)

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
'Shroom Spotlight
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:05:48 PM »
Some of you may know the 'Shroom Spotlight project, but for those who don't, I'll quickly explain what it is.

This project was created a couple of years ago as a way to collaborate to the wiki, focusing on improving some specific articles over the course of a month. However, some time ago, the project fell into inactivity. It was until some weeks ago that it was proposed we revamped the project, and revamp it we will.

Over the course of the next week, you will be seeing changes in this project, the first one being the introduction of a new manager, YoshiKong . We are confident YoshiKong is the best man for this job, and it will be great to collaborate with him to return this project to the spotlight (sorry, couldn't resist).

Without further ado, I want to welcome and congratulate YoshiKong, and to tell you to stay tuned for further updates on the project.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:25:37 PM by Hobbes »

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
Re: 'Shroom Spotlight
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »
Why thank you, Tucayo!

Yes folks, we want to bring back 'Shroom Spotlight as a monthly 'Shroom section, with some changes to how it was managed in the past. From now on, users don't need to sign up to participate in the project. And unlike in the past, game articles may not always be our focus. We may pick any type of article; character, game, a level, item, and more! Occasionally, we might highlight a wanted page or an article which needs more images. The first Spotlight section will be seen Issue LXXIII, which is set to be released on April 20th. If you are interested in helping out, please assist in improving the article that will be put forward.

Feel free to use this thread for feedback on the project. And suggestions for an article which 'Shroom Spotlight could focus on in a future issue are welcome!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:33:12 PM by YoshiKong »

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 12:06:08 AM »

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:25:39 AM »
Sure is! Throughout the month, we're aiming to fix up some of the problems that the article currently has. Some of the main things that need to be taken care of are:
  • The opening paragraph is a bit short
  • The story section needs to be summarized, as it's a bit lengthy Done!
  • Fill the empty sections, as per policy Done!
Good luck everyone! We'll review our progress on the article in the next 'Shroom issue.

Also, as you may have noticed, this thread is now placed in the "Wiki Collaborations" forum board. We figured that the Spotlight project was better placed alongside other wiki activities.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:03:41 AM by YoshiKong »

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
A new edition has been released!

This month, we are focusing on a wider range of articles, one from each improvement category. The list is as follows:
If you feel that you could help out with any of these articles, you are more than welcome to contribute! If anyone has any questions, suggestions or feedback on 'Shroom Spotlight, feel free to post a comment here.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:20:10 AM by YoshiKong »

Banon

• Koopa Troopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »
The Goombario article doesn't have a Trivia section anymore, thanks to several contributors.

I rewrote the Super Mario Galaxy subsection of the Gearmo's article, but I'm not sure I did a good job. I will rewrite the rest of the article sooner or later, unless somebody will have done it before.

As for the images of the Beanbean Kingdom article, here are links of the M&L:SS gallery and the Images category if that can help somebody.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:56:33 AM by Banon »

Banon

• Koopa Troopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »
The Gearmo article looks fine now. However, I have a question: do you think the "In the Korean version, they talk in a North Korean accent." sentence should stay? I haven't played the Korean version of the game, but it would seem logical that they speak korean, thus with an korean accent.

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »
Nice work! I just rewrote the article further and fixed a few mistakes here and there.

As for the trivia, I agree that it's quite iffy. It has been removed, and the "Manner of speaking" section was only left with one point, so it has been merged with the "Characteristics and traits" section.

Banon

• Koopa Troopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »
Nicer work! :p

I knew something was wrong with "obssessed" and "strong strenght"

Glowsquid

• Claudia
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
    • http://darkadia.com/member/glowsquid
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 11:28:10 AM »
I haven't played the Korean version of the game, but it would seem logical that they speak korean, thus with an korean accent.

North and South Korea are separate countries, and besides, regional accents are a common thing. It could be more detailled, but I don't see anything wrong with the statement in itself.
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »
North and South Korea are separate countries, and besides, regional accents are a common thing. It could be more detailled, but I don't see anything wrong with the statement in itself.
Fair enough: I restored it.

Banon

• Koopa Troopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »
So the point of the sentence was that even in the South Korean version, they had a North Korean accent? Got it.

If not, we might as well add "In the german version, they have a german accent" in every article :p
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:00:26 PM by Banon »

J-Luigi

• Star Spirit
  • RIP Walkazo.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (watch for Mario Sunshine!)
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 05:33:44 AM »
Good thing I managed to do a little work on the gearmo, some flowery stuff is gone (I like them)   :) 

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 10:01:07 AM »
Great work everyone! We successfully completed all four goals for the month. A new edition has now been released! This month, we are focusing on the WarioWare: Smooth Moves article, which will coincide with the goals of Glowsquid's pre-existing collaboration thread.

Bar of Soap

• The Cleanest Killing Game Player
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »
If I can make a suggestion quite a lot of articles pertaining to levels in the Yoshi games are stubs. A Shroom Spotlight on those could help decrease the stub list by a sizable amount.

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 08:06:55 AM »
If I can make a suggestion quite a lot of articles pertaining to levels in the Yoshi games are stubs. A Shroom Spotlight on those could help decrease the stub list by a sizable amount.
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! Due to inconsistent activity on my behalf throughout the month, we weren't able to host a Spotlight in July's issue, but we'll be sure to have a group of the Yoshi series level articles as a focus in August's issue.

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
  • You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! Due to inconsistent activity on my behalf throughout the month, we weren't able to host a Spotlight in July's issue, but we'll be sure to have a group of the Yoshi series level articles as a focus in August's issue.
You're not able to submit the Spotlight now?

Kazooie

• Megadardery
  • King Bowser
  • Dashbot
  • BREEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
Another Idea would be the Mario & Wario game.. it is really lacking in information.

Bar of Soap

• The Cleanest Killing Game Player
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
The only problem with that is the lack of availability

Kazooie

• Megadardery
  • King Bowser