Author Topic: Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe  (Read 681485 times)

Princess Zelda

• Hyrule's wise princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart 8
« Reply #8820 on: January 08, 2017, 03:45:54 PM »
I used this to find the combos I liked.

Baby Luigi

• You sure we shouldn't just panic? I mean, I think panic was invented for just this sort of situation!
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • With a Little L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: January 08, 2017, 04:06:02 PM »
Who cares about stats

My main combo

And this is my secondary

RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Princess Zelda

• Hyrule's wise princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: January 08, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »
As long as I have good acceleration and handling, I'm good.

Trunks Mario

• Have I ever told you about the time my buddy Keith and I went on Marioboards?
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #8823 on: January 08, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »

I wish I had me some elegant-looking tires too.

Princess Zelda

• Hyrule's wise princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: January 08, 2017, 05:59:41 PM »
I wish I had me some elegant-looking tires too.

I thought you used the wood tires.

Trunks Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #8825 on: January 08, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »
Ah, I change between the two. IDK which I use more, though Mario Kart 8 did say you look beautiful with Wood Tires in that combination. I also don't care about the stats at all. They hardly make a difference as much as getting lucky with items do and knowing all the controls.

Nyrie

• Awards Committee
  • Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: January 08, 2017, 08:39:56 PM »
Who cares about stats
i normally wouldn't but it's annoying that all of my favourite characters are heavyweights and most of my favourite vehicle parts have awful acceleration and handling

Mister Wu

• Wiki Patroller
  • Luma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: January 09, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »
I used this to find the combos I liked.
Well, you might have to recheck which is your favorite combo, then, since its stats are not always in agreement with the actual stats of the game.

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: January 09, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »
The funny thing about the actual stats ordeal is that while 4.75/6 acceleration may not accelerate any better than 4/6 acceleration for the 150cc, 4.75/6 mini-turbo does make it easier to get 6 fire hops in than with 4.5/6 mini-turbo.

Princess Zelda

• Hyrule's wise princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: January 09, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »
Well, you might have to recheck which is your favorite combo, then, since its stats are not always in agreement with the actual stats of the game.

They've worked very well for me, so I'm not going to change them.

Ninelevendo

• Haven't even got fancy stars
  • Dry Bowser
  • Shocking, amiright?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: January 11, 2017, 02:38:37 AM »
I would say who cares about stats but my favourite looking karts are always the fast ones anyway.

I wonder if Mario Kart 8 Switch will add new karts or balance them or something.

BirdoFan87

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: January 11, 2017, 06:40:19 AM »
In terms of tracks, I'd love to see SNES Mario Circuit 4 and GBA Bowser Castle 4 since all the others from their track lines have been used. Maybe they should even dive into SNES Bowser Castle tracks.

Magikrazy

• Owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: January 11, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »
I'd be surprised if anyone could tell them apart.

Trunks Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #8833 on: January 11, 2017, 02:30:57 PM »
As long as they completely overhaul the tracks and just as how Cheese Land and Ribbon Road delivered precisely want I wanted from a retro track from GBA or SNES. Elevation, completely different from the source game.

Like SNES Mario Circuit becomes a bustling metropolis, take a step farther.

Otherwise, hell no.

Baby Luigi

• You sure we shouldn't just panic? I mean, I think panic was invented for just this sort of situation!
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • With a Little L
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: January 11, 2017, 03:08:26 PM »
Would rather have Sunset Wilds or the other unused GBA tracks before I want to see another GBA Bowser Castle again.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Princess Zelda

• Hyrule's wise princess
  • Star Spirit
  • A51 Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8835 on: January 11, 2017, 03:10:18 PM »
I'm hoping Wario Colosseum returns, with 3 laps this time.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: January 11, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »
I would say who cares about stats but my favourite looking karts are always the fast ones anyway.

I wonder if Mario Kart 8 Switch will add new karts or balance them or something.

I hope they will rebalance characters at least, heavyweights have way too much speed bonus for a fair acceleration. Speaking of that, can they also fix the acceleration tiers?

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: January 11, 2017, 06:53:20 PM »
It wouldn't hurt if there was more stat diversity with the characters too.  Have some lightweights sacrifice some handling to boost their speed stats.

Trunks Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #8838 on: January 12, 2017, 12:38:12 AM »
Still thinking the stats don't matter.

Perhaps a rework?

Middleweights have no spectacular stats, but they could be the show-offs and are excellent with drifts (and drift boosts) and stunts. This is to allow them to fulfill a niche that actually makes middleweights more viable and not left out over the tussle between lights (where they dominate in Mario Kart 64 and Super Circuit) and heavies (where they dominate in pretty much everything else).

Lightweights can be speedy with good acceleration to boot, but they get bad items and get knocked around a lot.

Heavyweights have the best control and get the best items, but they're pretty slow. They can ram other racers and cause them to lose control, lose items, whatever fits better and doesn't make them broken.

BirdoFan87

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: January 12, 2017, 02:00:16 AM »
Would rather have Sunset Wilds or the other unused GBA tracks before I want to see another GBA Bowser Castle again.

See, I'm torn here. We got that ominous tweet that stated "Good things come to those who wait" with a MK8 hashtag and an image of N64 Kalamari Desert. On the other hand, I do not see them surpassing 4 retros per game so N64 already has 4 tracks. However, we also already have 3 Desert tracks, if you consider Sunset Wilds to be a desert (or is it considered more of a canyon-type of deal?). I don't know how I feel about Sunset Wilds or Kalamari Desert honestly. I think they both equally have the same chance of making it; a slim chance albeit. 

As long as they completely overhaul the tracks and just as how Cheese Land and Ribbon Road delivered precisely want I wanted from a retro track from GBA or SNES. Elevation, completely different from the source game.

Like SNES Mario Circuit becomes a bustling metropolis, take a step farther.

Otherwise, hell no.

They could totally restylize GBA Bowser Castle 4 with blue lava and similar castle appearance seen in Super Mario 3D World. To be more exact, see level 7-1 Fort Fire Bros. That style would totally work for any retro Bower Castle track.