Super Mario Bros. (1993)

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Have you seen the live action movie?
So screwed up!

There's a Mario movie?

Yeah, most of us have seen it. It was nothing like the games but you know what? I think it was a good MOVIE. Just an awful MARIO movie.

Mason said:
There's a Mario movie?
Yeah, most of us have seen it. It was nothing like the games but you know what? I think it was a good MOVIE. Just an awful MARIO movie.
well, the old Maro bros show was also far away from the Mario story
just seems as the brothers' past life in their hometown
wouldn't Nintendo feel wasting if the movie or drama didn't make AD effects for the original games?

but in the reality, it may also be hard to play a medieval background of Mushroom Kingdom when some creatures as Toads, Yoshis and Koopas in realistic 3D animation at the same time (though sounds like fun ;D)
or it's more direct or convient to make an all-3D anime such as Donkey Kong series
if as a reality drama, maybe Warioware fits in more :P

I liked it, I just thought it was strange

For a movie that is supposed to be based off Super Mario Bros., it doesn't do it well.

Mason said:
It was nothing like the games but you know what? I think it was a good MOVIE. Just an awful MARIO movie.
My thoughts exactly. Pretty much every reference to the games is in name only, but it's a wonderful film on its own; fun to watch and very humorous at parts (largely thanks to Dennis Hopper's performance as Koopa; may he rest in peace), and the special effects were outstanding for its time, not to mention the whole "Dinohattan" set with all its little details. It really doesn't deserve all the hate it's usually getting imo (a lot of which seems to stem either from the fact that it's based on a video game series or the fact that it's not close enough to a video game series, which is amusing).

Sometimes, people should just take another look at underrated things sometimes. For the most part, for being called a "Mario" movie, it deserved its bad reputation. For a stand alone movie, it could mean something else.

The Goomba's are terrifying. I still have nightmares about them. The reason why it failed the rating exam is because they exaggerated everything. Goomba are supposed to be small and cute not ugly overgrown teeth, creatures. They remind me of Missingno. *gasps for air *

Back