What is the hardest main Mario game you have ever played?

Re: What is the hardest Mario game you have ever played?

N said:
And then I go to the first post and see:

« Last Edit: Today at 12:15:55 AM by N »

Not clever enough. Okay, the hardest "main" game I've played was Super Mario Galaxy. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so easy.

Okay I take that back. Super Mario Sunshine is a hundred times harder, especially with the watermelons and Cataquacks.

You caught me. :mad:

Nice try, but all of the replies to this thread before you changed the title say "Re: What is the hardest Mario game you have ever played?"

That was a dick move you pulled right there.

President Iwata said:
Nice try, but all of the replies to this thread before you changed the title say "Re: What is the hardest Mario game you have ever played?"

That was a *bleep* move you pulled right there.

You're a little late, Mason already caught me.

LeftyGreenMario said:
The hardest main Mario game I've played was Super Mario Galaxy.
Mason said:
Okay, the hardest "main" game I've played was Super Mario Galaxy. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so easy.

Good to see someone that's not riding Kaizo's
video games
for once. Anyway, Lost Levels or Super Mario Brothers without the continue cheat or 99 lives trick utilized. I say this because Lost Levels was at least gracious enough to start you back at the beginning of the world you lost on.

Of course, if we're merely going by levels themselves, and not overall presentation, I'd say Lost Levels.

Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun is the hardest video game in existence.

Not only will you be driven crazy, you will have to go through the crazy mixed-up voices.

Seriously, does anyone know which one goes "Moo"?

I thought it was Moofle, but he wasn't there.

Britain said:

Not only will you be driven crazy, you will have to go through the crazy mixed-up voices.

Totally agreed

I blame it on Tubular. But all other levels, I can do in Super Mario World.

Yoshiwaker said:
SMB isn't that hard. Just find the secret warp zone to W8 from 4-2 and practice world 8

Warp zones tend to destroy the purpose of playing the game. To fully experience certain titles, you need to play ALL the things the game has to offer.

The Lost Levels is pretty intense, but I don't consider it the hardest. Once you get the hang of how to jump with the wind in your favor, a good portion of the game becomes less challenging. Don't get me wrong, it's a tyrant of a game to get through, but it's not the hardest.

Hell, I had a harder time with the American version of SMB2. I've beat that game, like, once in my entire life.

I found Superstar Saga to be pretty challenging too, but I think that might be because I wasn't leveled up enough.

Yoshi's Island DS is the hardest Mario game I've ever played. I got stuck on one of the last 2 levels of the game for months and eventually just gave up. I can't imagine trying to 100% that abomination.

I've yet to beat SMB3. I'm stuck on one of the last maze castles and don't know how the hell to escape the maze.

Stooben said:
I found Superstar Saga to be pretty challenging too, but I think that might be because I wasn't leveled up enough.

Yeah, you haven't leveled enough. When I reached high levels, the game became painfully easy.

Yes, I thought like that, but I never ever recalled Superstar Saga being a tough game.

Superstar Saga was never too bad for me, except when I was new to the series I had a lot of trouble fighting Cackletta the first time.

Cosmopolitan said:
Britain said:

Totally agreed

LOL, and I know what exactly goes Moo: Cosmo.

Some ppl may get surprised but so far Super Mario Sunshine seems to be the hardest to control. It's not an incredibly difficult game per se, but the controls and the camera don't help at all. Also, the physics feel unstable and are completely different than the Galaxies and SM64.

Maybe it's the fact that I 'm playing this with a third-party GC controller, but I definitely think that getting all 120 shines (so far I have like 45) is the hardest task in a Mario main game.

Scrub Jay said:
Cosmopolitan said:
Britain said:

Totally agreed

LOL, and I know what exactly goes Moo: Cosmo.

Oh well Super Mario World compared to THAT game (or is that a video game or pure tutor) was like say the letter "a". I remember going to my friend's house and she left that game lying around and both of us were forced to play it or I'd have to hand over my Baby Mario and Baby Luigi plushies! :'(

Lost levels... It's not that difficult for me... (Since i been playing the mario platforms since i was 4 years old, currently 17) but that's the most difficult one...

Back