How Old Are You?

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
I thought it would be interesting to take a sampling of answers from the active MarioWiki forum community to see what the median age here is.

If you don't want to post your age, then by all means you don't have to, but the one thing I'd like you to not do is not to lie about your age.

Again, if for privacy reasons you don't want to post your age, that's OK, but if you are going to post it, be truthful.

You can also include whether you just turned that age or if you're about to turn the next age if you prefer. It would probably give us a better idea of how old our members are anyway, too.

I am 15 years old.

My birthday is on November 27, 1987, which of course, means that it passed over a month ago, so I'm twenty-three years old.

19, like I already said in the birthday thread.

President Iwata said:
the one thing I'd like you to not do is not to lie about your age.
Wait, so you want us to lie about our age? ;p

Anyway, I'm 20, even if it may not seem that way, and rather surprised at how old lots of other people on here are. Can't wait until I'm 111 so I can throw a party for all the Grubbs, Chubbs and Hornblowers.

Im 11 and my birthday is july 23.

JK Im 28.

Lol no im 11

That may be the mean, but the more indicating statistic here is median.

---------

An equal number of ages on either side. So the median is about 14.5 years old. Of course, the mean and median are pretty close since the data does not have any outliers.

Not a good way to measure. If we had one 8 yo and seven 21 year olds then it would still be 14.5. Unless my math is off.

So, there's 19, 20, 22, and 23? I see.

I was born 8th of March 1989, meaning I'm 21.

Sharks Territory said:
Math is way off. Median would be 21 and mean would be 19.375.

Dude I'm pretty sure you don't even know what a median is.

And I trust my own knowledge from taking AP Statistics than yours.

Mason said:
Not a good way to measure. If we had one 8 yo and seven 21 year olds then it would still be 14.5. Unless my math is off.

I thought being 20+ years old, you would know what a median is, but like Ralph, I will explain it to you. In your example, this is how it would look like:

-------

The line is the median. The line is 21.

I haven't had to do median, mean and range since the seventh grade as they have no practical use in my current life.

Mason said:
I haven't had to do median, mean and range since the seventh grade as they have no practical use in my current life.
That's why I don't even get math? Teach us to add, subtract, multiply, divide and we are on our way. Why do all this complicated stuff like algebra. (I hate my algebra class) All I like is Science and Reading

New Super Mario said:
Mason said:
That's why I don't even get math? Teach us to add, subtract, multiply, divide and we are on our way. Why do all this complicated stuff like algebra. (I hate my algebra class) All I like is Science and Reading
Dude me too! I hate math and all this stuff we dont care about knowing. However i do know that garlic is right and everyone else's math is way off. I should know since i just relearned some of this a few weeks ago.

Back