How Old Are You?

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
I thought it would be interesting to take a sampling of answers from the active MarioWiki forum community to see what the median age here is.

If you don't want to post your age, then by all means you don't have to, but the one thing I'd like you to not do is not to lie about your age.

Again, if for privacy reasons you don't want to post your age, that's OK, but if you are going to post it, be truthful.

You can also include whether you just turned that age or if you're about to turn the next age if you prefer. It would probably give us a better idea of how old our members are anyway, too.


I am 15 years old.
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
My birthday is on November 27, 1987, which of course, means that it passed over a month ago, so I'm twenty-three years old.
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
19, like I already said in the birthday thread.
 

Puddin

eat the rich
New Super Mario said:
12


Birthday's december 19, 1998
You're a dozen years old! I can't wait until I'm 24 so I can say I'm two dozen years old.
 

Vellidragon

Monty Mole
President Iwata said:
the one thing I'd like you to not do is not to lie about your age.
Wait, so you want us to lie about our age? ;p

Anyway, I'm 20, even if it may not seem that way, and rather surprised at how old lots of other people on here are. Can't wait until I'm 111 so I can throw a party for all the Grubbs, Chubbs and Hornblowers.
 

Rocker64

~Massive Fangirl
Im 11 and my birthday is july 23.

JK Im 28.

Lol no im 11
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
That may be the mean, but the more indicating statistic here is median.


11
12
12
12
12
12
14
---------
15
16
19
20
20
22
23


An equal number of ages on either side. So the median is about 14.5 years old. Of course, the mean and median are pretty close since the data does not have any outliers.
 

Puddin

eat the rich
Not a good way to measure. If we had one 8 yo and seven 21 year olds then it would still be 14.5. Unless my math is off.
 

Fujiwara no Sai

Ghost of a man
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
So, there's 19, 20, 22, and 23? I see.

I was born 8th of March 1989, meaning I'm 21.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Sharks Territory said:
Math is way off. Median would be 21 and mean would be 19.375.
Dude I'm pretty sure you don't even know what a median is.

And I trust my own knowledge from taking AP Statistics than yours.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Mason said:
Not a good way to measure. If we had one 8 yo and seven 21 year olds then it would still be 14.5. Unless my math is off.
I thought being 20+ years old, you would know what a median is, but like Ralph, I will explain it to you. In your example, this is how it would look like:

8
21
21
21
-------
21
21
21
21
The line is the median. The line is 21.
 

Puddin

eat the rich
I haven't had to do median, mean and range since the seventh grade as they have no practical use in my current life.
 
Mason said:
I haven't had to do median, mean and range since the seventh grade as they have no practical use in my current life.
That's why I don't even get math? Teach us to add, subtract, multiply, divide and we are on our way. Why do all this complicated stuff like algebra. (I hate my algebra class) All I like is Science and Reading
 

Rocker64

~Massive Fangirl
New Super Mario said:
Mason said:
I haven't had to do median, mean and range since the seventh grade as they have no practical use in my current life.
That's why I don't even get math? Teach us to add, subtract, multiply, divide and we are on our way. Why do all this complicated stuff like algebra. (I hate my algebra class) All I like is Science and Reading
Dude me too! I hate math and all this stuff we dont care about knowing. However i do know that garlic is right and everyone else's math is way off. I should know since i just relearned some of this a few weeks ago.
 
Top