All-Stars in Mario main games possible?

Who should be playable characters or partners in the next Mario main game?

• Total voters
Jerry said:
Ussually, the only main playable charater in the mario series is either Mario or Luigi. With the exeption of NSMBW, I would like one of the Toads to be playable in a 3D mario game. It would be cool
the premise is that the Toads are red Toad and Toadette instead of passengers....

the reason I thought in NSMBW that they use species of Toads is that they want to highlight Mario bros if Toads are only minions
but except the problem of Toad and Toadette, the fact is that many main characters haven't been significant in SMB series

I think they should of had Wario and Waluigi than just two toads.

Dr. Eggman said:
I think that Wario and Waluigi could've been implimented in the Toad Balloon levels; and instead make them Wario Balloon levels. You have to collect all the balloons to defeat Wario and/or Waluigi and thus save the Toad-in-the-chest. They also could have run a mingame plaza in World 1, next to Peach's Castle.

It would be interesting if Wario and Waluigi were part of the Super Mario platformers as well.

MnSG said:
It would be interesting if Wario and Waluigi were part of the Super Mario platformers as well.
I don't really think it would work. They just are too different from the Mario Bros. Unless you mean in like a SMB2 format, where all the characters have different movesets...

Doofenshmirtz Evil said:
MnSG said:
I don't really think it would work. They just are too different from the Mario Bros. Unless you mean in like a SMB2 format, where all the characters have different movesets...
I think all four should be in the next 2D Mario game, with Mario being all around, Luigi being the fastest, Wario having the most Power and Waluigi being the highest jumper.

And considering that the four have bad relationships with Bowser, it could work out.

MnSG said:
And considering that the four have bad relationships with Bowser, it could work out.

They do? Since when? Didn't they work together in DDR:Mario Mix?

Leonyx said:

Wario and Waluigi may have assisted Bowser a few times, but in the long run, they don't exactly get along with him.

MnSG said:
Leonyx said:

Wario and Waluigi may have assisted Bowser a few times, but in the long run, they don't exactly get along with him.

Yeah, but they haven't ever been enemies, at least as far as I can remember. I'm pretty sure they haven't had any major conflicts.

Leonyx said:
MnSG said:
Leonyx said:

Yeah, but they haven't ever been enemies, at least as far as I can remember. I'm pretty sure they haven't had any major conflicts.
They are more Anti-Hero's I think Bowser was only training so he could use them to destroy the final of the Tennis match. Poor :yoshi: and :dk:.

MnSG said:
You could say to an extent that they are playable in NSMBDS minigames as on multiplayer if you are p3 you appear as wario.

Dr. Eggman said:
Leonyx said:
They are more Anti-Hero's I think Bowser was only training so he could use them to destroy the final of the Tennis match. Poor :yoshi: and :dk:.

Yeah, in the long run, Wario and Waluigi always end up fighting against Bowser.

Young Link said:
MnSG said:
uhn? as mentioned many times, the strangers lay more problems on Toad and Toadette, not yet for Wario bros

if not for a real allstars (most characters playable), only simple adaption to the NSMB games
owing to Peach's party and distress condtion, Toads and Daisy are in the first seats to rescue her
unless making new plot about Wario bros' teamwork with Mario bros when Peach is absent
also if the staff keep working on Wario series, the two don't have to appear in NSMB actually

Link said:
Yeah... Rosalina needs more love.
are you kidding?
if my memory didn't crash, I remembered Rosalina is already having much more major seats in Galaxies
I surely expect her next appearance with other characters

Rosealina is going to turn into a big spin-off star.

New Super Yoshi said:
Rosealina is going to turn into a big spin-off star.
does it mean digressing? then we skip it

otherwise, rosters should be fair in theory so no "big star" appear
also Nintendo even can't handle the rosters with original Mario memebrs until GC
can they really deal with another Rosalina well? I doubt

Well Rosalina is much more likley than Candy or characters that have just never appeared in spinnoffs.

I'm going to go with Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Wario, Donkey Kong, and Bowser. Why They are all the Star Children, born for greatness.
yoshi2-65.png
yoshi2-78.png

Not to mention they are pretty much the standard in every Mario spinoff.

Skyparty.jpg

Koopaul said:
I'm going to go with Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Wario, Donkey Kong, and Bowser. Why They are all the Star Children, born for greatness.
Not to mention they are pretty much the standard in every Mario spinoff.
same with another reply...... for your team
generally speaking, DK and Wario have their own series
and the rest are all already the main cast in main games (though Peach not playable yet)
that means Nintendo would possibly do this and it makes no difference for other characters

in DK's own series, that Dixie sisters and Diddy can engage may be a correct example

Well, main Mario games are usually focused on, well, Mario. I will go through all your poll options.

[quote author=Poll]Peach
[/quote]

Peach was made as a damsel in distress. I highly doubt that they would change that. But, I could be wrong.

[quote author=Poll]
Toad
Toadette
Toadsworth
[/quote]

Well, Toad has moderate likelyhood of being a playable character, but would probably only appear in a NSMBWii situation.
Toadette would be lucky to have a major non-playable role. Toadsworth... I think he is to old to be jumping on goombas and koopas.

[quote author=Poll]
Daisy
Birdo
[/quote]

Well, Daisy is same case as Toadette. Birdo doesn't realy have enough mainstream apperances to be playable.

[quote author=Poll]
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
[/quote]

No, I think they should stay as villains.

[quote author=Poll]
Donkey Kong
Candy Kong
[/quote]

Uh... Donkey Kong has his own series, and Candy doesn't have any playable apperances in the DK platformers, so she shouldn't get one in Mario.

[quote author=Poll]
Wario
Waluigi
Mona
[/quote]

Well, Wario has appeared in a remake, and if there were people playable other than Mario and Luigi, I think he would make a good choice. However, that probably wouldn't happen. Waluigi might be good, but he would be after Wario, if at all. Mona seems to be fine where she is.

[quote author=Poll]
Pauline
Rosalina
[/quote]

Pauline has no purpose, since Peach replaced her. Rosalina is fine for sports, but I don't want her playable in a platformer.

[quote author=Poll]
characters from Donkey Kong series
characters from Wario series
characters from Paper series
[/quote]

People from these series that haven't already been put in a main Mario game should stay in those series.

[quote author=Poll]
new comers ?[/quote]

No, not needed.

These are my opinions on the poll options. I have decided to vote for Wario.

Epic Nitwit said:
Well, main Mario games are usually focused on, well, Mario. I will go through all your poll options.
Peach was made as a damsel in distress. I highly doubt that they would change that. But, I could be wrong.
Well, Toad has moderate likelyhood of being a playable character, but would probably only appear in a NSMBWii situation. Toadette would be lucky to have a major non-playable role. Toadsworth... I think he is to old to be jumping on goombas and koopas.
Well, Daisy is same case as Toadette. Birdo doesn't realy have enough mainstream apperances to be playable.
No, I think Bowser should stay as villains.
Uh... Donkey Kong has his own series, and Candy doesn't have any playable apperances in the DK platformers, so she shouldn't get one in Mario.
Well, Wario has appeared in a remake, and if there were people playable other than Mario and Luigi, I think he would make a good choice. However, that probably wouldn't happen. Waluigi might be good, but he would be after Wario, if at all. Mona seems to be fine where she is.
Pauline has no purpose, since Peach replaced her. Rosalina is fine for sports, but I don't want her playable in a platformer.
People from these series that haven't already been put in a main Mario game should stay in those series.
uh... I explained each character already in the first column, so some of your replies may have anwers overthere, so sorry not to options

Peach was made a damsel in distress --I think some conditions can be changed or give her other scenes as in Sunshine, even if she's not a player

Toadsworth is old, at least I don't think he does nothing with NSMB introductions. Toad and Toadette do have chances to be playable as something wrong in NSMBWii......

Daisy and Birdo are mostly concerned for their partners in the main games. Of course Birdo is not a player, as Yoshi's fuction she may be another assitant (replace the multiple Yoshis) or even a baffling enemy. Daisy is controversial for someone's special one, and she can be the alternate damsel in solution. Also as Toadsworth, she must do with Peach's cases.

if Bowser is not a villian, their must be a more evil boss and a more complex story in that game. I think the staff can get the other alternate bosses like Syrup, also there would not be more than 25% games featuring Bowser playable and not a boss.

So I mentioned Wario does have his own series like DK, I hope basically the staff can stress on the subseries, then he, Waluigi and Mona actually have less necessity in SMB, unless it's a real allstars game.

Rosalina can be a good mentor and help of Peach and Mario as story character, I don't care her playability. Pauline is not told her identity in stories yet.

Subseries I mentioned are actually unnecessary, if they do have stages in their own positions like DK and Wario...... but actaully Paper and Sport characters are not recurring in their series, so they need new appearances in future games. Besides in Paper 64, I think characters around Mushroom Kingdom should be considered as common details in other new main games.

Back