All-Stars in Mario main games possible?

Who should be playable characters or partners in the next Mario main game?

• Total voters
I haven´t read the whole post but for me, the mandatory roster for the multiplayer Mario games should be at least these:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Wario
-Waluigi
-Peach
-Yoshi
-Toad
-Daisy
-DK

and depending on the characters needed for the specific game and/or nintendo´s lazyness, it can be extended to:

-Toadette
-Birdo
-Rosalina
-Diddy

That´s a main 10, extended to main 14 that should be inexcusable not to have them at this point in the series, as all those characters I listed are big parts of the Mario franchise or at least the multiplayer Mario games.

Also, while generics like Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Boo and the likes are nice additions, I´m all for the unique characters. So, while I wouldn´t label them as "main", I definitely prefer King Boo, Petey Piranha, Wiggler, Dixie, Funky, and the likes, that while they aren´t a "must" in every Mario game, they should be rotating and having appearances every now and then, instead of the baby overkill, generic characters or alternate versions of existing characters (Metal Mario and Dry Bowser, urgh...) I don´t complain if the babies or the generics are in as ADDITIONS but I do when they take the space of more deserving characters.

Also, the RPGS need to be counted too. Fawful MUST appear in the multiplayer Mario games, or else I´ll have fury.

EDIT: Also, character specific reasons shouldn´t weight that much. Sure, Peach was made as a damsel in distress, but it´s VERY easy to change the plot from "rescuing the princess" to "save a neighbour kingdom from their tyrant/invader" or "get the 7/8 plot relevant items that are guarded by their respective bosses". It´s not like it hasn´t been done before. Also, the "Wario and Waluigi have different moves" is stupid too, because it wouldn´t be the first time character´s abilities are balanced for gameplay purposes. Or don´t you remember back when Luigi couldn´t wall jump? Guess why they did give him that ability?

Easmo said:
I haven´t read the whole post but for me, the mandatory roster for the multiplayer Mario games should be at least these:
Bowser, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Daisy, DK
and depending on the characters needed for the specific game and/or nintendo´s lazyness, it can be extended to:
Toadette, Birdo, Rosalina, Diddy
That´s a main 10, extended to main 14 that should be inexcusable not to have them at this point in the series, as all those characters I listed are big parts of the Mario franchise or at least the multiplayer Mario games.

EDIT: Also, character specific reasons shouldn´t weight that much. Sure, Peach was made as a damsel in distress, but it´s VERY easy to change the plot from "rescuing the princess" to "save a neighbour kingdom from their tyrant/invader" or "get the 7/8 plot relevant items that are guarded by their respective bosses". It´s not like it hasn´t been done before. Also, the "Wario and Waluigi have different moves" is stupid too, because it wouldn´t be the first time character´s abilities are balanced for gameplay purposes. Or don´t you remember back when Luigi couldn´t wall jump? Guess why they did give him that ability?
I thought your reply is alittle off-topic, as you even mentioned generics (species) who were usually the enemies or troop of Bowser in main games, your talks look more like species playable problem.

back to the topic, basically before Nintendo make unique and variable stories like Sunshine, the present story formula is Peach captured by Bowser (not talk about Bowser and Peach playable for now)

the formula is in problem with main characters who care the damsel Peach, so excluding Toad and Toadette who are replaced by the generics in NSMBWii, Toadsworth and Daisy are Peach's close people but even haven't entered Peach's party since Wii main games. The four above share the prior order, though maybe Toadsworth and Daisy are not reay to be playable.

dinasours (Yoshi and Birdo) are defined as minor villians ore main assistants, no real needs to concern about individual playings for now, but Birdo isn't even actually an assistant (uh, if I saw four yoshis in NSMBWii).

so the rest main characters, Rosalina can stay in her mentor role as Galaxy temporarily. DK and Wario are have two common points as page 1 said: they're not to rescue Peach in main games, and they have to handle their main games of subseries in the first order, so for their fellows Diddy, Dixie, Waluigi etc. I don't mean to reject them, but only if Nintendo really do "allstars" main game (with all main characters in) or make rotation to a degree.

character ability is interesting, also that toads can save Peach by themselves is alittle inreasonable
though in playability I think Miyamoto do more stress on the events of game, stragetic difference was only used in RPG

I have the perfect name for a game like this.... Super Mario Travels. I wouldnt mind all the characters, heres how my idea goes. Mario travels all over the mushroom kingdom and unlocks different characters along the way and depending on which world he is in he will go through that world styled level.

For example: BeanBean Kingdom - RPG Styled
Donkey Kong Island - DK Styled
Mushroom Kingdom - Mario Style
Sarsarsa Land - Mario Land Style
I would like um,

World 1 (Mushroom Kingdom) - Starting Characters (Mario, Luigi) Unlockable (Toad, Peach)
World 2 (Sarasa Land) - Starting Characters (M,L,Characters you unlocked) Unlockable (Daisy)
World 3 (WarioWare Inc.) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU) Unlockable (Wario, Waluigi)
World 4 (Throwback Galaxy) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,Rosalina) Unlockable (Whomp King)
World 5 (Donkey Kong Island) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,R,DK) Unlockable (Diddy Kong, Dixxie Kong)
World 7 (BeanBean Kingdom) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,R,DK) Unlockable (Prince Peasley)
World 8 (Mushroom Kingdom) Return - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,R,DK) Unlockable (Bowser)

That looks cool and Koopalings should be the bosses.

Boidoh said:
I have the perfect name for a game like this.... Super Mario Travels. I wouldnt mind all the characters, heres how my idea goes. Mario travels all over the mushroom kingdom and unlocks different characters along the way and depending on which world he is in he will go through that world styled level.

For example: BeanBean Kingdom - RPG Styled
Donkey Kong Island - DK Styled
Mushroom Kingdom - Mario Style
Sarsarsa Land - Mario Land Style
I would like um,

World 1 (Mushroom Kingdom) - Starting Characters (Mario, Luigi) Unlockable (Toad, Peach)
World 2 (Sarasa Land) - Starting Characters (M,L,Characters you unlocked) Unlockable (Daisy)
World 3 (WarioWare Inc.) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU) Unlockable (Wario, Waluigi)
World 4 (Throwback Galaxy) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,Rosalina) Unlockable (Whomp King)
World 5 (Donkey Kong Island) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,R,DK) Unlockable (Diddy Kong, Dixxie Kong)
World 7 (BeanBean Kingdom) - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,R,DK) Unlockable (Prince Peasley)
World 8 (Mushroom Kingdom) Return - Starting Characters (M,L,CyU,R,DK) Unlockable (Bowser)
This sounds like a terrible idea.

Well, it would be a good idea if you take out WarioWare, Inc. and Donkey Kong Island, and some of the random unlockable characters. (Really, Prince Peasley of all people?)

Boidoh said:
I don't refuse you, but the staff wouldn't make too much progress at once
I think if they are willing, they make start with only 2~3 new players changing from each main game

I think Bowser can kidnap more main characters to determine who can be used
especially Peach herself can be playable after rescued by Mario at least?

I'd prefer a RPG with a bunch of playable characters. That's one of the things I like about Final Fantasy, how the focus isn't really on one character. But not too many PCs. After about 10 they start to be clones of each other.

Ultraluigi said:
I'd prefer a RPG with a bunch of playable characters. That's one of the things I like about Final Fantasy, how the focus isn't really on one character. But not too many PCs. After about 10 they start to be clones of each other.
I support the idea more if Miyamoto wants to simplize the main games by only one playable character (regardless of the rationale of story); however, RPG roles for all characters, which is much easier, haven't been made throughout so many years when still only Peach, Mario bros, Browser and exclusively Toad are main characters in those RPG.

actually 3D games are bit like RPG when you can talk to other people.

Back