Dislikes of the Mario series

Ultramariologan

This guy apparently ate Wario.
It's like the "Dislikes of SMG2" topic, but this time it's about the whole series. What do you dislike in the whole Mario series? For me, I dislike the video game character Wario and Lubba because they are too fat and Yoshi because he talks like a girl in SMG2.

EDIT: You can also talk about the crossover series (such as SSB, M&SatOG, etc.).

Ultramariologan said:
I dislike the video game character Wario and Lubba because they are too fat
They wouldn't be awesome if they weren't fat.

Anyway, I personally dislike the sports games, mainly because they're fairly generic and have practically nothing to do with the concept of the overall series, only having Mario characters and "elements" in them because of their recognisability and marketability. A lot of franchises do this, of course, but looking at the "character insertion" game to original game ratio, the Mario series seems especially notorious for it, which is somewhat sad as the work could have been put into games with actual Mario gameplay.

I hate how they overload it with platformers with NSMBW and SMG2 one time. It got really boring. Plus, Mario platformers are harder to come back to than, say, Mario Kart Wii. But all of this is my opinion and this is coming from a person who has a twin sister.

I never liked how the characters (especially Mario) don't talk much.

We need different fat characters (can't be all a showtime model material)

I hate how you hardly get to use yoshi in nsmbw
I hate how you hardly get to use boo shroom in smg2

um um i think of more later

I find it rather disturbing that the Koopalings are heavily neglected; none of them have a playable role, and none of them have shown up in a spin-off series.

Ultramariologan said:
It's like the "Dislikes of SMG2" topic, but this time it's about the whole series. What do you dislike in the whole Mario series? For me, I dislike the video game character Wario and Lubba because they are too fat and Yoshi because he talks like a girl in SMG2.
well......if you want to talk about some defects of a game or series, that is okay
but if you aim at characters, that is often bias or discrimination
since characters are objectively loved by different fans
either many people don't want to be said fat in the reality

dinasours are transexual in the story.......please remember that = =
Wario is also described "masculine", the problem is that his size of body same as Mario?

MnSG said:
I find it rather disturbing that the Koopalings are heavily neglected; none of them have a playable role, and none of them have shown up in a spin-off series.
I really want to play as all of them, think about this
Mario Party
Yoshi VS. Lemmy VS. Wario VS. Ludwig!

QuizmoManiac said:
MnSG said:
I really want to play as all of them, think about this
Mario Party
Yoshi VS. Lemmy VS. Wario VS. Ludwig!

This is going to be a terrible match, IMO. I dislike the Koopalings; they are the most overrated group of clones ever! Wario just plain sucks, but at least he is funny to kill. Yoshi? He's better off dead.

Yoshi is the worst part of the Mario series. I never use him and I don't let the CPU use him. He's essentially a waste of a character slot for me. His annoying voice and looks are the prime reasons.

-_- Oh brother, here we go with the Yoshi haters again...

Anyway, I'm kind of surprised that no one has made negative statements about Rosalina yet. Me, Lubba is rather pointless.

For some reason I have an extreme dislike for those two characters in a Mario Party game that I forget the name of. Twila and the sun person.

MnSG said:
Anyway, I'm kind of surprised that no one has made negative statements about Rosalina yet. Me, Lubba is rather pointless.

I thought Peach would've been much better in SMG than Rosalina, but then again that would kind of be weird since Bowser was supposed to kidnap her like always, and it wouldn't make sense that Peach had suddenly gotten a bunch of alien star buddies.

Haven't played SMG2 so not much of an opinion on Lubba, but yeah he seems pointless.

Dynamo Man said:
For some reason I have an extreme dislike for those two characters in a Mario Party game that I forget the name of. Twila and the sun person.

Brighton.

Dorayaki said:
Ultramariologan said:
well......if you want to talk about some defects of a game or series, that is okay
but if you aim at characters, that is often bias or discrimination
since characters are objectively loved by different fans
either many people don't want to be said fat in the reality

dinasours are transexual in the story.......please remember that = =
Wario is also described "masculine", the problem is that his size of body same as Mario?
I agree for the fans sakes.

Back