Mario Super Sluggers in PAL?

FunkyKong84

Blooper
Hey people, I 'm in Europe and can't play Mario Super Sluggers. Does anyone know how to play the game in a PAL console?

I'm British so I'm in the same boat as you. The only way would be to get a USA Wii and a USA copy of the game (or a Japanese one, IDK if it was in Australia).

lol I wanna play the game too but I 'm not gonna go bankrupt for it lol ;D

I'm European too, and I have Super Mario Stadium Family Baseball (yes, the Japanese version) working on my PAL Wii.
Just install Homebrew Channel, run GeckoOS, and in the config, set it on NTSC (PAL50 is laggy, and PAL60 doesn't work).
Here's a video of mine, playing the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzeA4-8AAu8

Before you ask: It's black and white, because my DVD Recorder doesn't understand NTSC signals.
For some reason, my TV does understand NTSC signals, so it's coloured on that.

>>Mason
1. The American version wasn't available yet when buying.
2. It's like playing an English, anyway.
3. I also used it as a part of learning Nihongo (Japanese).

わかりますか?

Edit:
A full tutorial for pre-Homebrewers comes soon (I hope, I have a job, and I have to finish my school).
For post-Homebrewers: http://www.yamihoshi.nl/tech/?p=870

Other than homebrew, isn't there another way to play the game? I know that the Freeloader option ain't gonna work, because your firmware has to be really old (3.3 I think). Mine is 4.2 now so Freeloarder is not gonna work. I think that Nintendo is really lame for not giving a legitimate option to PAL console owners.

>>FunkyKong84
Freeloader is for 3.2 only (3.3 doesn't work already).
Homebrew is the only option.

Legal links only:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb - The exploit to "jailbreak" your Wii.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel - The Channel you'll need to install, using the exploit.

I did that, using Twilight Hack.
It's really shocky at the first time, but you'll find out the hardest part is to place the files on the SD card.

Don't worry, you guys aren't missing out on anything. Mario Super Sluggers isn't really any good IMO. But it must suck to not be able to play it in your own country without importing it.

>>Fawfulfury65
Actually, I'm female.

I meant girls too when I said that. You guys and girls aren't missing out on anything IMO. :P

I know that the game isn't something exceptional, but you gotta have in your collection if you are a Mario fan. Plus, it has 40 (!) characters in a single game. That's really great.

Regarding the homebrew installment, won't you be unable the get the 4.3 firmware update if you install it? I mean, the 4.3 update is going to delete homebrew and if you choose not to update you won't have access to the Wii Shop and stuff.

IMO, Super Sluggers is an awesome game. I enjoyed every square centimeter of it. I also love the puzzles in Challenge Mode, and the minigame, Graffiti Runner, kicked butt.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Fawfulfury65
Actually, I'm female.
I have a group of five friends that are all girls. (I have other guy friends, this is just one group) and I say c'mon guys or let's go guys even though they are girls. I wouldn't be offended.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
IMO, Super Sluggers is an awesome game. I enjoyed every square centimeter of it. I also love the puzzles in Challenge Mode, and the minigame, Graffiti Runner, kicked butt.
Per.

>>FunkyKong84
New updates come out every now and then.
I dunno about 4.3, but I'm sure there must be a fix for it.

Does anyone if 4.3 messes up a console that has hardmod?

>>FunkyKong84
Basically all firmware updates brick modchips (and the console).
If you use Homebrew, the only risk, is deletion of Homebrew Channel (and any other custom Channels), but with new versions of software, they're installable again.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

PER. I have it and play it in my PAL Wii using homebrew, and I say the game´s awesome. Dunno why peple dislike it. And yes, I played the Gamecube one too (which was actually released in PAL regions)

Do you use the original or can u play a copy of it?

I thought the Gamecube version was in stores for a extremely short time.
A few months later, there was no shop, which got that game.

Was Barrel Blast also not released in EU PAL territories or is my place just woefully stocked on it like it is for MoM DS?

Barrel Blast is called Jet Race in Europe. Regarding MS Sluggers, I mean do use a downloaded copy of the game or did you actually buy the original NTSC version? Just wondering how the homebrew thing works.

>>FunkyKong84
I actually brought the game.
I used to download games, but I really soon saw it doesn't give the same feeling as owning it on a DVD or cartridge.

GeckoOS launches imported games on your Wii, and if you want, you can also use cheat codes (this is called "Ocarina").
If you use the cheat codes, you can also use local games on it.
Using local games without cheat codes is possible too, it's very handy to skip the Wii Menu updates, and still play the games.
That's how I can play Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for Wii on Wii Menu 3.2E, for example.

Back