The most annoying level

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Chapter 14: Father and Son

I've managed to work around the dudes that make your allies berserk and make it to Vigarde with minimal damage. I manage to take off some of his HP with Seth, and I was going to use Ephraim's Reginleif to finish him off. Ephraim's attack misses and Vigarde lands a critical hit. Cue me yelling obscenities at my 3DS. That's like, 25 minutes gone.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. Zero Isle South.

You start off at level 1, you can only bring one pokémon, you can't bring any money or items, and you can't recruit any pokémon in the dungeon. On top of this, the dungeon has 99 floors, making it a massive pain in the ass.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. Purity Forest.

Same reasons as Zero Isle South's. It's slightly easier than Zero Isle South, but not much.

Kazooie said:

You start off at level 1, you can only bring one pokémon, you can't bring any money or items, and you can't recruit any pokémon in the dungeon. On top of this, the dungeon has 99 floors, making it a massive pain in the ass.
I never accept missions to any Zero Isle levels, because they're always on like floor 60+ and I don't want to waste my time with that. Also, that's exactly like Joyous Tower in the first games. Fuck both those levels. Especially Joyous Tower since that's the only place you could recruit starters and Spinda among others.

Bullet Rail Station in Sonic Heroes. This level is just badly thought out, especially after shooting out of the cannon. How the hell are you supposed to land on the blasted rail without falling off? I already beat the game with everyone and stuff, but how is one supposed to get an A rank on this?

Gamefreak75 said:
Kazooie said:

I never accept missions to any Zero Isle levels, because they're always on like floor 60+ and I don't want to waste my time with that. Also, that's exactly like Joyous Tower in the first games. *bleep* both those levels. Especially Joyous Tower since that's the only place you could recruit starters and Spinda among others.

Bullet Rail Station in Sonic Heroes. This level is just badly thought out, especially after shooting out of the cannon. How the hell are you supposed to land on the blasted rail without falling off? I already beat the game with everyone and stuff, but how is one supposed to get an A rank on this?
It is easier if you stay in flight formation while on the rails. i found that hard too.

Gamefreak75 said:
Kazooie said:

You start off at level 1, you can only bring one Pokémon, you can't bring any money or items, and you can't recruit any pokémon in the dungeon. On top of this, the dungeon has 99 floors, making it a massive pain in the ass.
I never accept missions to any Zero Isle levels, because they're always on like floor 60+ and I don't want to waste my time with that. Also, that's exactly like Joyous Tower in the first games. Fuck both those levels. Especially Joyous Tower since that's the only place you could recruit starters and Spinda among others.
I mostly try it for the challenge. I have the official guide, and through that one I have learnt that there aren't any legendary Pokémon there. What sucks about this is the following: Purity Forest had Celebi at the end of it; Zero Isle South has four Mystery Boxes. The Mystery Boxes don't make you feel like you've accomplished anything, and it just leaves you with disappointment. Getting a legendary Pokémon, on the other hand, feels like you've actually done something.

I try to do missions on Zero Isle North, however; the restriction there — no EXP-gains — isn't that terrible, but it can be a major pain in the ass if you let it be. I have 8 missions to-do there in my copy of Darkness, and I really, really have to grind, grind, and grind in that one to be able to fucking survive that long.

I'm not even going to try Zero Isle West and Zero Isle East, though; they seem stupid, and they don't really have that much content in them. I like the restriction for Zero Isle East, though. That one would be that you can't enter it with more than 16 items in the bag, but it's not like that is going to make the dungeon more attractive for me to play through.

Yoshiwalker said:
Kazooie said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

THE BAD MEMORIES-THEY RETURN
I can say this thing: Venusaur — the Pokémon who takes the least EXP to gain levels in the entire game. HINTHINTHINTMAYBEUSETHISONEHINTHINTHINT
@Banjo: Your Gnarly post made me feel Tubular inside. Fortunately for me, I'm Way Cool enough to pass these Awesomely hidden levels. Don't you find yourself quite Groovy whenever you get through the Mondo of levels before getting to these Outrageous levels? This is a Funky post.

Kazooie said:
Yoshiwalker said:
Kazooie said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

THE BAD MEMORIES-THEY RETURN
I can say this thing: Venusaur — the Pokémon who takes the least EXP to gain levels in the entire game. HINTHINTHINTMAYBEUSETHISONEHINTHINTHINT
@Banjo: Your Gnarly post made me feel Tubular inside. Fortunately for me, I'm Way Cool enough to pass these Awesomely hidden levels. Don't you find yourself quite Groovy whenever you get through the Mondo of levels before getting to these Outrageous levels? This is a Funky post.

What have I just read...

I fucking hate the early levels in games I've already played. They annoy me because I already know how to play the goddamn game, and they persist telling me how. This annoys me so much. This is why all games should have something in the beginning of the game where it asks you whether you've played the game before, or, as the case with Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, where a button combination is available in order for you to skip the dialogues. Before everyone starts going all 'huh. Easy levels?', remember this: This thread is about annoying levels, not difficult levels.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

I had trouble on the Kid Buu battle (the one where you play as SSJ3) and Super 17 battle were annoying. However, Arale makes me want to throw the controller.

There are several very annoying levels in Republic Commando, but the one that takes the cake would have to be the bridge in the Kashyyk area.

There's no cover, and you have to cross the bridge which is covered by a turret, about four super battle droids, and has two super battle droid dispensers at the other side. Two.

Oh yeah and not to mention that when you finally are about to blow the bridge, your charge pack ends up being a dud, a giant door opens and a Dwarf Spider Droid comes out, and then you have to blow the whole bridge up with a Wookiee rocket launcher.

There are also countless regular battle droids but who cares, they're only dangerous when they steal the turret.

[quote author=Paraphrased from the game]Scorch: Please tell me it's not a dwarf spider droid.
*beat*
Sev: Yup. It's a dwarf spider droid.[/quote]

After replaying Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 for nostalgic reasons, I can say that Marble Zone from 1 and Metropolis Zone from 2 are both very annoying. The former is too long and the gimmicks there are really terrible. The music, though, is great. The latter just has terrible enemy placement and some parts are literally impossible to avoid being hit unless you somehow have a shield.

Gamefreak75 said:
After replaying Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 for nostalgic reasons, I can say that Marble Zone from 1 and Metropolis Zone from 2 are both very annoying. The former is too long and the gimmicks there are really terrible. The music, though, is great. The latter just has terrible enemy placement and some parts are literally impossible to avoid being hit unless you somehow have a shield.
What? I loved the Metropolis zone. Marble zone can be annoying though.

Back