Wii vs Xbox 360

Tigertot

Spongebob will destroy you all!
Hey I have always been wondering:which one is better the Wii, or the Xbox 360? I'd have to say the Wii.

Wii. No contest. While Xbox may have good graphics, Wii wins in everything else.

Except that the Wii has been bogged down by awful third-party games and mostly disappointing exclusive titles.

Really, I'm none too impressed with any of the seventh generation home consoles. I mostly just play classic games on the Virtual Console or PlayStation Network.

They are both huge disappointments.

Remilia Scarlet said:
Except that the Wii has been bogged down by awful third-party games and mostly disappointing exclusive titles.

Really, I'm none too impressed with any of the seventh generation home consoles. I mostly just play classic games on the Virtual Console or PlayStation Network.

I agree with this post completely.

This topic is going to reek of fanboyism.

Both consoles are good, but not without their faults.

Remilia Scarlet said:
Really, I'm none too impressed with any of the seventh generation home consoles.
This.

Prince Bowser Jr. said:
This topic is going to reek of fanboyism.
You beat me to it.

In my opinion, both systems are good. They both have their share of good games, and they both have their share of bad games. Sure, I do play the Wii more often than the 360, but there's at least one thing about the 360 that I like better; the ability to download free demos of both retail and downloadable titles.

The 360 has Saints Row 2, so

On a more serious note, the 360 has way too many samey shooters, but the only thing I use the Wii for is playing games that weren't made for the Wii (Gamecube, VC).

I don't buy any of that third party game crap, I just buy the games are know aren't crap.
I play mostly GameCube games and Virtual Console games on my Wii.

The XBox 360 is pretty good too, but their only variety of games is FPSs.

Remilia Scarlet said:

This. They're both good.

It depends on the games they offer and what crowd is considered. If it's a crowd who likes platformers, Wii is the choice. A crowd who likes FPS's and adventure would certainly get an Xbox 360.

I only played the Wii so far, and I plan on using the $600 on something better.

Unless I guessed the price wrong. But still, I'm to cough up the money on something better.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
It depends on the games they offer and what crowd is considered. If it's a crowd who likes platformers, Wii is the choice. A crowd who likes FPS's and adventure would certainly get an Xbox 360.
Ehhh... it has better online multiplayer and more options.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
If you like FPS's and adventure games, get a Gaming PC and Steam.
360 is used for Halo, Gears of War and XBLA mostly.

A gaming PC is definitely preferable but not everyone can afford to keep up with the hardware.

"better" is a matter of opinion. 8)

I prefer the Wii, because it's able to get the attention of a lot of people, and it also has a lot of Nintendo classics on it, and not just because of the Virtual Console either.

But the Xbox 360 is impressive in its own right, and has a few interesting games of it's own... But just a few, as far as I'm concerned.

I prefer the Wii. While it is true that the xbox 360 may have better graphics, I prefer the games that are released on the Wii. They feel more fun and are not often the common gun shooting games that come out on the xbox. The games for the Wii are also more family friendly so it makes it more easier for anyone to pick up the controller and start playing alongside you.

Back