Paper mario 3ds

nibbles118

It's nibbles the....winged....koopa!
Ecxited about the upcoming paper mario?

It's gonna be AWESOME! I love paper mario, but was dissapointed with the one on wii. The older ones had a better style, and the 3DS version is going to be in that style, so i'm happy.

Yeah, I'm beyond excited for the fourth Paper Mario. I loved all three of the previous games, including Super Paper Mario, but as much as I loved that game, even I was hoping for a return to the series' RPG roots. I'm glad to see that Paper Mario 3DS is doing just that.

Paper Mario Wii was painful. All these freaking bubble messages all the time can really torment you. I hope they will cut this crap, because it starts to remind the useless dialogues in Sonic 3D games.

nibbles118 said:
Ecxited about the upcoming paper mario?
oh yeah!hate the wii one playing the best one...the 1000 year door its...,EPIC like kirby:kirby:my fav. char.:boo:

Nintendo better not mess this up like they did with the Wii version. Not even an RPG. Just a stupid game where you press the A button every time you can't go anywhere.

Okay, so apparently, I didn't comment on this topic yet? Well, yeah, I am excited for this game. It's THE reason why I want a 3DS, along with Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Also, I just looked at this Wiki's article about the game, and thought the new screenshots were neat, especially the ones showing off new enemies in the game (Para-Bombs and Ice Bros., apparently), a new version of Toad Town, and revealed theme for the game. Pretty nice, but I have to wonder, where exactly will a theme like that be playing...

One thing, though, they're STILL not showing any partners following Mario... I'm getting really nervous about that. Like, will the partners be less emphasized? Because that's just sad.

I'm always excited for a new Paper Mario. But why does it have to be on the 3DS instead of just the regular DS? Oh well. I wonder what kind of role Bowser will have; Is he the main villain (Paper Mario), a minior enemy (TTYD), an ally (SPM) or completley absent?
I'm sure it'll be awesome just like the other 3. :)

superjeff64 said:
I'm always excited for a new Paper Mario. But why does it have to be on the 3DS instead of just the regular DS? Oh well. I wonder what kind of role Bowser will have; Is he the main villain (Paper Mario), a minior enemy (TTYD), an ally (SPM) or completley absent?
I'm sure it'll be awesome just like the other 3. :)
The 3DS is the newest system, that's why. Nintendo's games are usually released exclusively for their most recent console or handheld. And I doubt Bowser will be absent from this game, but there's a chance he may not be the main villain. The RPG Mario games always have a main villain that's not Bowser, except for PM1.

Smashgoom202 said:
One thing, though, they're STILL not showing any partners following Mario... I'm getting really nervous about that. Like, will the partners be less emphasized? Because that's just sad.
Maybe they'll only be seen in battle. I know there's an image of a Chain Chomp with Mario in one of the screenshots, but there are no partners behind him in any other picture.

I am definitely getting this game, though. It's the main reason I'm getting a 3DS.

I'm really excited. I hope they have a coloful cast of partners. Do you think they should another goomba, koopa, and bob-omb? I would love a swooper as a partner. He could grab Mario and carry him up for a short time. If there is a ceiling he would hang there infinitely until you made him drop Mario. He could be used to avoid enemies. Also there could be ziplines which you had to use the swooper to use.

Super Paper Mario was just as good as the reast of the Paper Mario games. Also I'm not getting a 3DS but Paper Mario 3DS looks awesome. Mabye someone will show a walkthrough of it on Youtube.

I'm also excited about this. I'm a fan of Paper Mario (though I never got to play PM2, and I watched the walkthrough of SPM and hated it)
If I had the chance I would buy a 3DS just to play it.
And as many of the PM fans, I hope this game will be like the original Paper Mario (and PM2 I suppose), and also I hope that Mario will have more partners.
I mean, a Chain Chomp may be cool, but not enough for the whole game.

Smashgoom202 said:
On the page on the wiki, it says there will be a Chain Chomp partner, and it follows to say: "A clip of gameplay footage has shown this Chain Chomp being thrown by its chain in the overworld". So the current screenshots showing Mario alone are either going to be changed to have his partners or they're taken before Mario meets a partner.

--EDIT--
Also, I hope that they bring back the Sushi/Boat ability in the form of a Blooper.

If Shadows are re-used from SPM, then I just hope that the Shadow's leader is actually stronger than the Shadows this time.

I'm disappointed that the worlds seem to be the generic NSMB levels as opposed to the more unique PM settings, and that they changed the art style.

Back