Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
So, has anyone here on this board experienced texture hacking or something similar to that?

From the looks of videos, the hacks look very awesome. I mean, the music and everything! I am really looking forward to play as Baby Luigi (with his voice and all) in this game, plus placing my own music. Problem is, I have absolutely NO experience with programming, modeling, and the rest.

Anyone else interested or has experience texture hacks?

I hacked my second copy of brawl so I can do all that. You jut need C++ skills to do it.

Ok.

The ones that look awesome to me in BrawVault are probably Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones, and Dry Bowser.

Any others worth mentioning?

I saw Rosalina on Braw Vault and she does look awesome. It was also one of the most downloaded creation, so that probably means it works well.

I never used texture hacks because I never owned an SD card -_-

I hope texture hacks won't ruin our Wii. I hope it's much simpler than it looks. If it is, I'll play Brawl for ages.

Here's a great question: Does that mean that now BLOF and LGM can't play Wi-Fi?I mean, if you can I wouldn't recommend using Texture Hacking while you're doing WI-Fi, it sometimes could be considered cheating.

Masked Man said:
Here's a great question: Does that mean that now BLOF and LGM can't play Wi-Fi?I mean, if you can I wouldn't recommend using Texture Hacking while you're doing WI-Fi, it sometimes could be considered cheating.
Texture hacking only changes the appearance of characters and thus would not be considered cheating.

Something's Bruin said:

Also when you play online with Texture Hacks they won't see your edit unless they also have it downloaded. So say you made a texture hack of Mario, the online person on the other end would only see the Mario costume you used as a base to edit. Or if someone texture hacked Sonic into a Shadow-look a like then the other person would still see Sonic. I however don't know if what happens if the hacker is actually good enough to change the moveset. The only way it'd be cheating is if the hacker was somehow able to make their characters have more knockback, speed, and damage

No, I don't go Wifi. I rather PWN the CPU's.

Hockeytown said:
Something's Bruin said:

Also when you play online with Texture Hacks they won't see your edit unless they also have it downloaded. So say you made a texture hack of Mario, the online person on the other end would only see the Mario costume you used as a base to edit. Or if someone texture hacked Sonic into a Shadow-look a like then the other person would still see Sonic. I however don't know if what happens if the hacker is actually good enough to change the moveset. The only way it'd be cheating is if the hacker was somehow able to make their characters have more knockback, speed, and damage

I wonder if anyone can modify movesets while texture hacking. I wonder how that will affect online.

But anyway, I don't use online. I prefer local, especially with our crappy Wii that stops reading the disc after I choose Pit.

Actually moveset hacking is possible. SSBB has like one of the largest hacking communities of all videogames. There's even ways to hack music, create actual stages without the limits of stagebuilder, and ways to completely alter the physics.

I'm sure you've heard of Brawl+ before. It's actually one example of such hacks. The physics are completely revamped.

T.testLP said:
Actually moveset hacking is possible. SSBB has like one of the largest hacking communities of all videogames. There's even ways to hack music, create actual stages without the limits of stagebuilder, and ways to completely alter the physics.

I'm sure you've heard of Brawl+ before. It's actually one example of such hacks. The physics are completely revamped.

What about Commander Keen?

Eh?

Back