Donkey Kong Country Returns Characters

You never know, they could've made that statement just to make it even more of a surprise.

Imagine if Funky Kong was playable just for bonus levels, e.g. surfing, snowboarding etc. That'd be awesome.

Other than my main kong, Dixie, Candy, Cranky and a must. :dk:

They better have some Kongs other than Donkey and Diddy.

I also really want Kiddy to appear again. Maybe not as a playable character, but as a minor one, like a supporting character. Or at least a cameo.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 or Donkey Kong Country Returns?

lol Kiddy and Chunky should be one character. Chunky should be the grown up Kiddy. After some point, they were just making new characters without any point.

I really don't think that there will be any other Kongs in the game. The only one that we might see is Cranky.

According to what we have seen in trailers, this game looks more like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 rather than DKC Returns. Look at all these features borrowed from DKJB. Heart life, ground pound, smacking the ground with Donkey's hands, enemies, flashy bananas, cartoony design etc. The only thing that comes from DKC is Diddy and Rambi so far.

There's also the K-O-N-G letters, extra life balloons, mine carts, and several other things from the DKC series that weren't present in Jungle Beat. Also, the heart life meter originated from King of Swing. That was only recently added to the New Play Control! port of Jungle Beat.

Re: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 or Donkey Kong Country Returns?

FunkyKong84 said:
Look at all these features borrowed from DKJB. Heart life, ground pound, smacking the ground with Donkey's hands, enemies, flashy bananas, cartoony design etc. The only thing that comes from DKC is Diddy and Rambi so far.
Donkey Kong has always been able to smack the ground with his hands in the first DKC. It's called the Hand Slap.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I also really want Kiddy to appear again. Maybe not as a playable character, but as a minor one, like a supporting character. Or at least a cameo.

Per. Kiddy doesn't deserve this. He only appears in one game so far that I know of.

Zoycite said:
I wouldn't count Enguarde out just yet. Sure, Retro Studios said that there aren't any underwater stages, but they never said that there weren't any stages with water (as shown in the trailer and several screenshots). There's a slight possiblity that Enguarde may be ridable across the water.

Mario304 said:
King K. Rool!!! What's a Donkey Kong game without our favorite Kremling king?
I don't know about anyone else, but I get the strangest feeling that King K. Rool actually IS in the game, and he's going to turn out to be the true mastermind behind everything (just as he was in Donkey Kong Country 3). Sure, Retro Studios claimed that Kremlings were completely absent from the game, but even PR statements turn out to be untrue sometimes. For example, Cammie Dunaway or some other Nintendo representative claimed that there was going to be a new final boss in the New Play Control! version of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, but that turned out to be false. The official U.K. Nintendo magazine claimed that Sonic the Hedgehog was going to be an unlockable character in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (along with a "Green Hill Galaxy"), and that turned out to be untrue. A Nintendo and /or Rare employee claimed that Falco Lombardi wasn't going to be in Star Fox Adventures, and yet he appeared anyway, while still playing a major role. And last, but not least, Rare claimed that Donkey Kong 64 was only going to include the supporting Kong cast from the first Donkey Kong Country, and yet Wrinkly Kong was in the game. So, with that said, there's a slight possibility that K. Rool might actually be in the game.
I buy that magazine all the time and never saw that. Maybe it was a joke?

Lemmy Koopa said:
Zoycite said:
I wouldn't count Enguarde out just yet. Sure, Retro Studios said that there aren't any underwater stages, but they never said that there weren't any stages with water (as shown in the trailer and several screenshots). There's a slight possiblity that Enguarde may be ridable across the water.

Mario304 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I get the strangest feeling that King K. Rool actually IS in the game, and he's going to turn out to be the true mastermind behind everything (just as he was in Donkey Kong Country 3). Sure, Retro Studios claimed that Kremlings were completely absent from the game, but even PR statements turn out to be untrue sometimes. For example, Cammie Dunaway or some other Nintendo representative claimed that there was going to be a new final boss in the New Play Control! version of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, but that turned out to be false. The official U.K. Nintendo magazine claimed that Sonic the Hedgehog was going to be an unlockable character in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (along with a "Green Hill Galaxy"), and that turned out to be untrue. A Nintendo and /or Rare employee claimed that Falco Lombardi wasn't going to be in Star Fox Adventures, and yet he appeared anyway, while still playing a major role. And last, but not least, Rare claimed that Donkey Kong 64 was only going to include the supporting Kong cast from the first Donkey Kong Country, and yet Wrinkly Kong was in the game. So, with that said, there's a slight possibility that K. Rool might actually be in the game.

That was on a Twitter message, not a magazine

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
Zoycite said:

Mario304 said:

That was on a Twitter message, not a magazine
Well, still they were only joking. Don't take it so seriously.

Back