whats your pokemon party

I'll have a Trapinch for Elesa's gym when I get to it. If she still has an Emolga, I'll just have to brute force through it.

I feel a little bad about over leveling, but I guess I could see it as preparing for the difficulty jump from elite four to post game.

Okay, I guess I should be fine for it. I'll use Trapinch against those two and use Darumaka to try and OHKO Emolga. It's just whether Trapinch has a good ground move by then.

Dr. Turnip said:
Dude, if you cannot manage two more weaknesses, you do not deserve the 180 base stat boost.

Yeah, dealing with double weaknesses is something that even the most competitive players need to contend with. If you've seen what Garchomp can do, having a double weakness to Ice is a lackluster excuse for not using it yourself.

MnSG said:
Dr. Turnip said:
Dude, if you cannot manage two more weaknesses, you do not deserve the 180 base stat boost.

Yeah, dealing with double weaknesses is something that even the most competitive players need to contend with. If you've seen what Garchomp can do, having a double weakness to Ice is a lackluster excuse for not using it yourself.

I have a Torterra and a Gabite (Soon to be Garchomp) in my Platinum team. That's two Pokemon with x4 weakness to Ice. Along with Staraptor having a general weakness to it.

Then your team would need a major overhaul to reduce that major weakness. But seeing as this is a main story type of team, type coverage only really takes effect as you get closer to the Elite Four.

MnSG said:
Then your team would need a major overhaul to reduce that major weakness. But seeing as this is a main story type of team, type coverage only really takes effect as you get closer to the Elite Four.

Yes, my teams that I use for the main storyline are usually just 6 Pokemon with varied damaging moves, all with mostly different types.

I haven't dug very deep into online battling.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Pikachu_Bros.#Game_Boy_Game_Parties

scroll up a bit and you will see my white 2 team

Dr. Turnip said:
What's with people dropping starters? I personally build my team around a starter.

I've used a starter every time I've played. You can't blame me for waning to change a bit.

Hey guys, here is my (updated) White 2 team.(7 badges(Fighting 8th) In Wherever the fuck the final gym leader is.)
500.gif

Emboar(Bacon) Lv. 47
Item - Charcoal
  • Brick Break
  • Heat Crash
  • Rock Slide
  • Take Down
518.gif

Musharna(Comatose) Lv. 48
Item - Twisted Spoon
  • Psychic
  • Dream Eater
  • Hypnosis
  • Trick Room
530.gif

Excadrill(Lennie) Lv. 48
Item - Amulet Coin
  • Metal Claw
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Slide
  • Dig
365.gif

Walrein(King Cold) Lv. 47
Item - Mystic Water
  • Surf
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Beam
  • Body Slam(Will become Waterfall)
135.gif

Jolteon(James[as in James Watt]) Lv. 51
Item - Leftovers
  • Rain Dance
  • Volt Switch
  • Thunder
  • Thunderbolt
634.gif

Zwelious(Derkesthai) Lv. 51
Item - Wide Lens(Helps to counter-act Hustle)
  • Bite(to be replaced by outrage)
  • Crunch
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Body Slam(Will be replaced by fly at level 64)

Dr. Turnip said:
Hey guys, here is my (updated) White 2 team.(7 badges(Fighting 8th) In Wherever the *bleep* the final gym leader is.)
500.gif

Emboar(Bacon) Lv. 47
Item - Charcoal
  • Brick Break
  • Heat Crash
  • Rock Slide
  • Take Down
518.gif

Musharna(Comatose) Lv. 48
Item - Twisted Spoon
  • Psychic
  • Dream Eater
  • Hypnosis
  • Trick Room
530.gif

Excadrill(Lennie) Lv. 48
Item - Amulet Coin
  • Metal Claw
  • Earthquake
  • Rock Slide
  • Dig
365.gif

Walrein(King Cold) Lv. 47
Item - Mystic Water
  • Surf
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Beam
  • Body Slam(Will become Waterfall)
135.gif

Jolteon(James[as in James Watt]) Lv. 51
Item - Leftovers
  • Rain Dance
  • Volt Switch
  • Thunder
  • Thunderbolt
634.gif

Zwelious(Derkesthai) Lv. 51
Item - Wide Lens(Helps to counter-act Hustle)
  • Bite(to be replaced by outrage)
  • Crunch
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Body Slam(Will be replaced by fly at level 64)
Nice, all my Pokemon were level 50 in another White game, but my Musharna knew Psybeam, which sucks.

Well, I'm just one step closer to getting a Reshiram into my party now. Also, pretty much all the Pokemon that I used against the Elite Four are now at levels 65-71.

@Dr. Turnip: It's a good thing that the battery meter tells you when to attach the AC Adapter onto your 3DS system. Of course, the blue power light would turn red as soon as the battery has less than 25% of power left.

Michael Myers said:
Dr. Turnip said:
Yes.

Sadly, my 3DS ran out of battery in the middle of the gym battle(which I would have lost after Jolteon was OHKO'ed).
That's rough. How far into the battle were you?

About half way.

@MnSG: I was too lazy to go to my room(it was al the way up a flight of stairs) and I thought I could beat the gym before it ran out.

So, just beat Elesa, not too hard since I had a ton of ground moves to use. Here's the team, with my new Trapinch; Seamus.

Rio the Lucario
448.gif

Level 31
448.png
(Male)
Lonely Nature
10/22/2012
Floccesy Ranch
Met at Lv. 5
Highly Curious
Exp. Points: 25464
To Next Lv.: 1557

Item:
Bag_Scope_Lens_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Return
-Quick Attack
-Force Palm
-Bone Rush

Stats:
HP: 89
ATK: 85
DEF: 46
SP. ATK: 82
SP. DEF: 51
SPD: 67
Ability: Steadfast

Comments: I finally decided to give him Return, which is honestly an amazing idea. Nothings Super-effective? Return! Also, he took down Elesa's Zebstrika and put Flaaffy into the yellow by himself. Bone Rush is amazing. Now that he's a higher level, he'll start learning some good moves.

Michael the Electabuzz
125.gif

Level 30
125.png
(Male)
Hardy Nature
10/23/2012
Virbank Complex
Met at Lv. 10
Loves to Eat
Exp. Points: 27492
To Next Lv.: 2299

Item:
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Return
-ThunderPunch
-Thunder Wave
-Rock Smash

Stats:
HP: 92
ATK: 61
DEF: 40
SP. ATK: 66
SP. DEF: 58
SPD: 74
Ability: Static

Comments: He only evolved during the final trainer fight in Elesa's gym, but all his stats have skyrocketed since he evolved. Plus, he's been around as long as Rio so I taught him Return which was also a great choice. His sprite is a bit... eh, strange, but I'll get used to it. It's the movement that irks me.

Jordan the Vaporeon
134.gif

Level 29
134.png
(Male)
Naive Nature
10/24/2012
Castelia City
Met at Lv. 19
A little quick tempered
Exp. Points: 25552
To Next Lv.: 1448

Item:
Bag_Mystic_Water_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Water Gun
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Bite

Stats:
HP: 117
ATK: 52
DEF: 43
SP. ATK: 72
SP. DEF: 57
SPD: 49
Ability: Water Absorb

Comments: He was a good help during the Route 4 trainer battles, but he took a backseat otherwise. I taught him Dig, and soon I'll be able to make him remember Aurora Beam. Yay.

Victoria the Darumaka
554.gif

Level 29
554.png
(Female)
Adamant Nature
10/24/2012
Route 4
Met at Lv. 16
Often scatters things
Exp. Points: 20568
To Next Lv.: 1192

Item:
Bag_BrightPowder_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Rock Smash
-Thrash
-Fire Punch
-Strength

Stats:
HP: 88
ATK: 70
DEF: 34
SP. ATK: 17
SP. DEF: 34
SPD: 43
Ability: Hustle

Comments: She took a backseat as well this time, she was already a level ahead and she didn't stand much of a chance aginst ground types. Though she is still strong.

Seamus the Trapinch
328.gif

Level 29
328.png
(Male)
Hasty Nature
10/25/2012
Desert Resort
Met at Lv. 21
Alert to Sounds
Exp. Points: 21294
To Next Lv.: 466

Item:
Bag_Quick_Claw_Sprite.png

Moves:
-Rock Smash
-Struggle Bug
-Rock Slide
-Dig

Stats:
HP: 67
ATK: 69
DEF: 34
SP. ATK: 39
SP. DEF: 31
SPD: 22
Ability: Arena Trap

Comments: This is the new addition. I named him Seamus because I was watching SSoHPKC videos at the time. Plus, I named my Feraligatr in SoulSilver 'Shaymoose', which is the way people spell sarcastically in the comments when people spell his name incorrectly. This guy isn't too strong, but his moveset is. Once he evolves, he'll be better. He was a big help in Elesa's gym, took down the weakened Flaaffy with Rock Slide then took out Emolga with two Rock Slides.

Okay, so, I avoided all the trainers in Desert Resort and I'm Lv30, not sure if I'm still counted as overleveled or not anymore. I'm leaving the Desert Resort guys for Zorua later on. Once again, advice if you have it is nice. Also, I realize I am starting to make it all damaging moves, which is bad, but seriously, the only thing you need in the main story is a variety of different type moves on each 'mon, and your set. Also, being overleveled helps.

Call me crazy, but I prefer damaging moves, over moves like Leer and stuff. I just think they'reca waste of your attack.

While Growl and Leer aren't exactly worth keeping, there are certain status moves that you should really think about. Hone Claws, for example, boosts your Pokemon's attack and accuracy, making moves like Rock Slide much more likely to hit their target, and pack a bigger punch at the same time.

Also, Taunt can really mess up any teams that heavily rely on Trick Room and/or their status moves.

MnSG said:
While Growl and Leer aren't exactly worth keeping, there are certain status moves that you should really think about. Hone Claws, for example, boosts your Pokemon's attack and accuracy, making moves like Rock Slide much more likely to hit their target, and pack a bigger punch at the same time.

Also, Taunt can really mess up any teams that heavily rely on Trick Room and/or their status moves.
that's really the only one I use. It's on a Pokémon that's not on the party I mentioned earlier.

MnSG said:

Speaking of Hone claws, I replaced it with Sowrds Dance on my rock Slide excadrill, which may have been a mistake.

Crackin355 said:
Okay, so, I avoided all the trainers in Desert Resort
no

Don't do this. I speak from experience - when I was a Pokemon noob, I always would avoid the trainers. Turns out that I was way outmatched when I came to the Elite Four.

You might be able to get by without facing trainers these days, as the games aren't as difficult, but the grinding definitely pays off.

Dr. Javelin said:
Crackin355 said:
Okay, so, I avoided all the trainers in Desert Resort
no

Don't do this. I speak from experience - when I was a Pokemon noob, I always would avoid the trainers. Turns out that I was way outmatched when I came to the Elite Four.

You might be able to get by without facing trainers these days, as the games aren't as difficult, but the grinding definitely pays off.

I completely agree.

Back