whats your pokemon party

I'll ask.

Is Jellicent better than Samurott?

My friend thinks it's the other way around.

twinArmageddons said:
Gary Oak said:
Seems a little dumb to argue which Pokemon parties are better than others, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. What I think is good might not be good in someone else's eyes. Just saying, folks.
That depends, there are definitely teams that are superior competitively. Which is what I'm talking about.
Then I suppose I don't know my Pokemon very well then. :-\

Percy said:
I'll ask.

Is Jellicent better than Samurott?

My friend thinks it's the other way around.
Depends. Jellicent is better defensively while Samurott is better offensively. I would say Jellicent is better because you can Scald easily and it's got great defenses while not lacking in Sp. Atk either.
Gary Oak said:
twinArmageddons said:
Gary Oak said:
Seems a little dumb to argue which Pokemon parties are better than others, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. What I think is good might not be good in someone else's eyes. Just saying, folks.
That depends, there are definitely teams that are superior competitively. Which is what I'm talking about.
You just don't know the competitive world, that's all.

twinArmageddons said:
Gary Oak said:
twinArmageddons said:
Gary Oak said:
You just don't know the competitive world, that's all.
You're talking about the Pokemon world, right?

Gary Oak said:
Yes and no. There are all sorts of people who play Pokemon for different reasons. It's perfectly okay to play it just to have fun, but if you're a serious gamer like me then you look at things differently.

Update.
Percy said:
Hm.

My little brother's ridiculous party on SoulSilver:
Typhlosion
Shiny Gyrados
Machoke
Crobat
Nidoking
(maybe Dragonair or something, I dunno)
I kind of forgot the last one.

Typhlosion - overrated. He's not that great, people.
Shiny Gyrados - Good, but becoming outclassed as of late by Gen V Pokemon.
Machoke - Meh. Outclassed by Conkeldurr these days.
Crobat - An underrated Pokemon that I think is great.
Nidoking - Bad. Period.
(maybe Dragonair or something, I dunno) - Dragonite is also a great Pokemon, not overly popular but not underrated by any means.

twinArmageddons said:
Gary Oak said:
Yes and no. There are all sorts of people who play Pokemon for different reasons. It's perfectly okay to play it just to have fun, but if you're a serious gamer like me then you look at things differently.
True, I guess I never really thought of it being played competitively! I was more of a "collector" when it came to the game and all the toys and cards.
I usually played it to have fun and try to get as many Pokemon as I can (which I am still working on BTW, I've had my game file for the past 8 years, actually).

twinArmageddons said:
Typhlosion - overrated. He's not that great, people.
Shiny Gyrados - Good, but becoming outclassed as of late by Gen V Pokemon.
Machoke - Meh. Outclassed by Conkeldurr these days.
Crobat - An underrated Pokemon that I think is great.
Nidoking - Bad. Period.
(maybe Dragonair or something, I dunno) - Dragonite is also a great Pokemon, not overly popular but not underrated by any means.
Thanks for the info for Nidoking. I thought about getting it

Could you criticize my party as well?

My team in Diamond, I don't know the levels off the top of my head:
Infernape
Torterra
Luxray
Quagsire (trying to get Empoleon instead)
Chatot
Gabite (trying to evolve into Garchomp)

Ice Luigi said:
Could you criticize my party as well?
Sure.

Infernape - Great if you teach him Mach Punch, which is an excellent revenge kill move. His Flare Blitzes hurt too.
Torterra - There isn't really need for this guy since you have Earthquake covered with Garchomp.
Luxray - Not bad, but not shockingly good either.
Quagsire (trying to get Empoleon instead) - Quagsire? Please. Emopleon is alright, I suppose. I prefer Starmie though.
Chatot - Awful. No other way around it.
Gabite (trying to evolve into Garchomp) - Amazing. Seriously. Garchomp is one of the best Pokemon out there, so good that Smogon has ruled him to be an Uber-class pokemon.

UM:
Infernape, Torterra, and Empoleon: See above.

Raichu: Bad. There are better Electric types out there such as Jolteon and Magnezone.
Ambipom: Not that great, a mediocre Pokemon overall.
Staraptor: A great pokemon offensively, but dies after pretty much anything. I'd suggest using Skarmory in his place.

I guess, but isn't Skarmory only in Johto? If you suggest I play HG or SS, then no. Imma too lazy to finish those. :C.

Pinkie Pie said:
I guess, but isn't Skarmory only in Johto? If you suggest I play HG or SS, then no. Imma too lazy to finish those. :C.
[quote author=Bulbapedia]Diamond/Pearl - Rare - Route 227, Stark Mountain[/quote]

Thanks for the critique, Dr. Javelin.
I was considering using Jolteon in Platinum, but I didn't have a Thuderstone at the moment and was looking for a good Pokemon to help me beat my rival's Prinplup. So I evolved it into a Leafeon instead, and decided to breed a bunch of Eevees later.

DJ can you insult critisize my party on black
Seperiour
Emboar
Samurott
Zoroark
Meloetta
Reshiram

SKmarioman said:
In Pokemon Diamond, my party is:
Lucario (traded)
Torterra Nickname:Koopa
Staravia
Quagsire
Pikachu (traded)
Graveler Nickname:Whomp

This is just my party. I've got like, a MILLION in the PC.

My new party in Diamond:

Lucario (traded)
Torterra (starter) - Nickname: Koopa - HMs: Rock Climb, Rock Smash and Cut
Dialga
Giratina
Staraptor (HM Slave) - HMs: Fly
Quagsire (HM Slave) - HMs: Surf, Waterfall and Strength

In FireRed:

Venusaur (starter)
Diglett - HMs: Dig
Gyarados - HMs: Surf and Strength
Lapras
Rattata - (HM Slave) HMs: Cut
Pidgeotto - (HM Slave) HMs: Fly

I don't serious play myself, I'll admit it. I play for the fun. Well, my party is pretty terrible right now in White......
Samurott level 95
Rotom level 61
Zekrom level 55
Clefable level 66
Ditto level 66
Victini level 34 (Obviously, this guy's in training)
Yeah, I almost always level up my starter only.......
Oh and Jack Noir just asking.....are you TwinArmageddons/Dr. Javelin? Sorry, I get mixed up.
I have a completely dismal HeartGold team, so I won't bother posting it. On diamond I'm pretty sure I have an Empoleon level 76 and a Dialga and a Azelf and after that I'm not sure....

Percy said:
Oh, Skarmory is better than Staraptor?

Because I Poke Transferred a Skarmory.
It's better. A bit less offensive but if you teach it roost it can survive forever. If you have the time, read this warstory. It shows you what Skarmory is capable of.

WakerLuma said:
Oh and Jack Noir just asking.....are you TwinArmageddons/Dr. Javelin?
Yup. I don't plan on changing again, the main problem mods like 3K had with my last name change (and others') was that someone else had used it so it got confusing. I'll be Jack Noir for a while, if not forever.

tentacleTherapist said:
DJ can you insult critisize my party on black
Seperiour
Emboar
Samurott
Zoroark
Meloetta
Reshiram
Serperior - Decent. Nothing great about him.
Emboar - Lackluster speed combined with fairly poor defenses. Not good. He has an excellent movepool, though.
Samurott - Good. Nothing amazing but not awful wither.
Zoroark - Excellent. While this guy won't be a complete surprise to your opponent due to Team Preview, with careful switching you can confuse your opponent to no end. He dies in essentially one hit, though.
Meloetta - I honestly don't know much about her, I haven't heard anything positive or negative. Maybe you shouldn't be using cheated Pokemon? ^^
Reshiram - Monster special attack combined with impressive STAB. Wonderful. Read here for more info.

Okay, I've beaten all the hard optional bosses in the game. I have quite a few canidates for my future team:
Jolteon
Lucario
Garchomp (tsk tsk?)
Spiritomb
Jellicent
Lapras

Also, I NEED a grass type.

Koopa Kid said:
Hey, Javelin critisize my future PKMN party:
Blazekin
Ninjask
Breloom
Grumpig
Agron
Altaria/Salemance
Blaziken - Decent. He's seening a lot of use in Gen V because of his Dream World ability, Speed Boost. In Gen IV he's basically an inferior Infernape.
Ninjask - The fastest Pokemon in the entire game bar Deoxys Speed Form. Other than that, he's not much good. People usually use Swords Dance, and then use Baton Pass to give the next Pokemon sent out +2 Attack and +1 Speed.
Breloom - Complicated. You'll have to take advantage of his rare move Spore to make him effective.
Grumpig - Mediocre in every respect. His highest stat, Special Defense, is easily counteracted by his low Defense. He doesn't have much in the way of attacking to make him viable.
Aggron - If you can manage to avoid getting hit by 4x Fighting and Ground moves, you will find that Aggron is unrivaled in terms of massive Defense. He literally has a base 180 Defense stat. You can also hit rather hard with this guy with his 110 Base Attack.
Altaria - Garbage. Period.
Salamence - The opposite of Altaria. Pure win.

Back