whats your pokemon party

I don't know, I just like flying types. I've used one in all of my Pokemon games (except for my second time playing HeartGold).

Ragecandybar eh? That's a very helpful tip.

I've always used Flying types in all of my games. I actually find them very helpful; I'm not sure what makes them "not that good." To each his own, I suppose. It's great if you can have a dual Flying-type (for instance, Charizard in Yellow), but I've also used the Normal/Flying types. Togekiss was amazing to use in SoulSilver. I've used Altaria in Gen III (double weakness to Ice but it got the job done), and I loved using Staraptor in Gen IV. I need to have a Pokemon to use Fly, and Flying types are the obvious choice, plus I like them.

Jerry said:
Anybody got some Gen III flying type suggestions? I'm in the middle of my game and I really need one
Salemence. Its amazing in stats. Its pretty cool looking too. You can get a Bagon then level it up to 55 and prepare for one of Gen 3's strongest non legendary Pokemon.
XD

I seriously need a good water type with great special attack.

For which game? Water types are usually defensive though. Vaporeon is a great one with 110 base Sp. Atk and it has 130 base HP so it is a great wall as well.

Highest Legendary: Kyogre with base 150
Highest OU Legendary: Keldeo with base 129
Highest non-legendary: Empoleon with base 111, Vaopreon is only one point behind.

1337 said:
Jerry said:
Anybody got some Gen III flying type suggestions? I'm in the middle of my game and I really need one
Salemence. Its amazing in stats. Its pretty cool looking too. You can get a Bagon then level it up to 55 and prepare for one of Gen 3's strongest non legendary Pokemon.
XD

But wouldn't you have to trade for a Bagon? If one is in the middle of the game, then one can't access the area of Meteor Falls where the Bagon are.

Yeah, you can't catch Bagon until later.

I would advise catching a Skarmory if you can, but be warned that they are extremely difficult to catch. Also, the Flying type doesn't really have any good moves until Gen IV and Brave Bird, so I don't see why you would need a Flying type.

You can catch a Skarmory at Route 113, where it's all ashy, but they're pretty rare. I was lucky enough to grab one when I replayed Sapphire.

Dr. Javelin said:

I would advise catching a Skarmory if you can, but be warned that they are extremely difficult to catch. Also, the Flying type doesn't really have any good moves until Gen IV and Brave Bird, so I don't see why you would need a Flying type.
I got Trapinch. He's annoying to train

Jerry said:
Dr. Javelin said:

I got Trapinch. He's annoying to train

I tried training one once, didn't like it. And have fun with Ice-types once you get a Flygon.

Mareep is available after the first Gym (which sucks, because electric types are the most useful Pokémon for beating the first Gym Battle).
Larvitar is available at MT. Silver (so at the nearest end of the storyline, at least, that's what I can remember).

My even more current team:

As Zae pointed out, I was missing out on a good defensive Pokemon. I also noticed that my team was lacking a Water type, and I usually train those. Hence led to me training the Pringles man in pokemon jellyfish form a Jellicent! I named him Julius because apparently that's the Pringles guy's name.

I also finally found a good substitute for Chandelure: Golurk. He is a strong physical Pokemon, he has STAB Earthquake that I've been missing ever since Excadrill got kicked off the team, and he also combines Iron Fist with the moves Shadow Punch and Focus Punch for plenty of damage. His set is a SubPuncher to make up for his lack of health and speed. I named him Kriptor, after the huge mecha from Supreme Commander 2.

642.png
639.png
637.png
635.png
Spr_5b_593_m.png
623.png

Zeus
Zeus the Thundurus, Rash nature, Male
Ability: Prankster
Item: Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Nasty Plot
Focus Blast

Zeus is my lead (for now) and special sweeper. After one Nasty Plot, he is already able to flatten pretty much anyone who is hit for neutral damage with Thunderbolt, and if he can get another Nasty Plot in then even his Hidden Power Ice take out people it hits for neutral damage. Focus Blast is there to take out walls who might be specially defensive enough to challenge Thundurus, like Blissey and Ferrothorn.

Balizarde
Balizarde the Terrakion, Lonely nature, No gender
Ability: Justified
Item: None
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Rock Slide
Close Combat
Earthquake
Swords Dance

A physical sweeper to complement Thundurus. His dual STABs are wonderful and hit plenty of Pokemon for super effective damage, and after he boosts with Swords Dance there's almost no stopping this guy. Rock Slide is an effective STAB, and though it may be slightly lacking in power it has much more accuracy than Stone Edge, and Terrakion has rather lacking defenses so he can't afford to take a chance. Earthquake does not deal as much damage as the other two but further expands his coverage.

Flara
Flara the Volcarona, Serious nature, Female
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Chesto Berry
EVs: ?

Flamethrower
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance
Rest

Flara is the super sweeper; she comes in on a special attacker, gets one or two Quiver Dances, Rests, gains possibly another Quiver Dance, and starts sweeping. Flamethrower and Bug Buzz are wonderful STAB moves and hit plenty of things for super effective damage. Rest combined with the Chesto Berry allows her to restore her health and status in preparation for a sweep.

Vengeance
Vengeance the Hydreigon, Naive nature, Female
Ability: Levitate
Item: None
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Charge Beam
Protect

Vengeance is another special hitter who has excellent coverage with Dragon Pulse and Flame thrower. Charge Beam is also a great finishing move, and when Vengeance comes in on a Psychic type, she uses Charge Beam in a attempt to hit the switch in and gain a Sp. Atk boost. Protect is only there because I couldn't think of any better moves to have.

Newcomer: Julius
Spr_5b_593_m.png

Julius the Jellicent, Bold nature, Male
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/210 Def/48 Sp. Def

Surf
Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Recover

Julius is simply a big bulky wall. He inflicts burns on enemies to cripple them, has Recover and Leftovers to continue living almost indefinitely, and has Surf and Shadow Ball for STAB. He is also immune to three types and can switch in and get a free Will-O-Wisp, as well as being able to restore health on a switch-in if I can predict a Water move.

Newcomer: Kriptor
623.png

Kriptor the Golurk, Adamant nature, No gender
Ability: Iron Fist
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Speed

Shadow Punch
Earthquake
Focus Punch
Substitute

Kriptor is a strong hitter who requires a small amount of setup, but hits very hard with the Iron Fist-boosted Focus Punch. His Shadow Punch and Earthquake aren't exactly lacking in power either, and can easily KO with a super effective hit. Leftovers further extends his lifespan by making sure he can drop a fourth or even a fifth Substitute.

EDIT: Oh, for the unenlightened, this is what the King Kriptor looks like:
Kriptor.png

All my pokemon parties are terrible except for in White. Here's my White team:
Samurott level 95 (EV-trained)
Ditto level 79
Clefable level 83
Magnezone level 74
Lapras level 59 (EV-trained and is low leveled because I breeded it from level 1. It has every OHKO except for Guillotine, which it can't get)
Blissey level 65 (EV-trained in HP and defense, as I use it when healing other team members or if they've fainted.)
I'm working on them. I'm trying to EV train them all in a specific area.

Dr. Javelin said:

You can't get a Mareep in Crystal, you'd have to trade from Gold or Silver. Which is actually a real shame because I love Ampharos. Especially in Gen II.

MY NEW PARTY:

Spr_5b_563.png

Level 34
Male
Moves: Night Shade, Curse, Theif, Scary Face
Spr_5b_530.png

Level 31
Male
Moves: Slash, Rapid Spin, Rock Slide, Dig
Spr_5b_599.png

Level 32
No Gender