whats your pokemon party

Dr. Javelin said:
Koopayoshi said:
Use one of your starters
I thought about that, but Serperior is really bad at attacking. My battle strategy usually involves hitting my opponent as powerfully as possible as quickly as possible, and Serperior just doesn't fit it. Everyone on this team either has a strong offense to start with or has a tech-up move to boost it's stats, preparing it to "sweep" the opponent's team.

its good to have a tank though just incase you need something to back up your starters, usually 1 suffices really.

Zae said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Koopayoshi said:
Use one of your starters
I thought about that, but Serperior is really bad at attacking. My battle strategy usually involves hitting my opponent as powerfully as possible as quickly as possible, and Serperior just doesn't fit it. Everyone on this team either has a strong offense to start with or has a tech-up move to boost it's stats, preparing it to "sweep" the opponent's team.

its good to have a tank though just incase you need something to back up your starters, usually 1 suffices really.
Yeah, I looked into Ferrothorn, but you have to breed in Spikes and Stealth Rock so he'll have to wait until I finish inbreeding Ice Punch to my Weavile (who isn't going on this team because it's a Gen V-exclusive team). I also looked at Cofa grigus, but he just seemed useless. If someone has a good idea for a defensive Jellicent or Cofa grigus, I'd really appreciate it.

Ferrothorn should eventually replace Excadrill with a moveset like this:

598.png

Brambles (Ferrothorn), Relaxed/Sassy nature
Item: Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP/129 Def/129 Sp.Def

Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Thunder Wave

It's too bad I have to replace Excadrill, he's amazingly good but the sandstorm would mess up the rest of my team and he simply doesn't fit.

the setup for ferrathorn is a good one, stick with it.

as for the rest of your team you mentioned a good physical attacker I would reconmend haxorous who has a greater attack stat, but has less bulk and thats another pokemon weak to horrifying ice type. Terrakion is also an idea, having a rather bleh defensive typing while boasting a rather good offensive typing. Being much faster then conkeldurr, having decent bulk and still a top notch attack stat. Having a rather good dual stab to stone edge and close combat as well as possessing swords dance as well as other decent moves like x-scissor, poison jab, return, earthquake, facade, and more. Of course instead of replacing conkeldurr you could replace one of your special attackers, but it up to you really.

actually misread chandelure as conkeldur, sorry adasljl

good team though and yeah sandstorm isn't really rolling with you too well

Good idea about Terrakion! It's too bad I can't soft reset for a better one, but...

Let's see...mine has Lonely nature, Attack up and Defense down. Not as good as Adamant or Jolly, but it's passable.

Here's an idea:
639.png

Terrakion (I haven't thought of a good name yet :-/), Lonely nature
Item: ? (Smogon suggests Choice Band, I might go with that if I don't use a Swords Dance set)
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Close Combat
Stone Edge/Rock Slide (I'll use Rock Slide if I have major problems with Stone Edge's accuracy)
Earthquake
Swords Dance
If Choice Band looks good, I'll use replace Swords Dance with X-Scissor.

hahaha while i was looking at him i was thinking something similar.

good coverage(and some pretty good super effective damage to boot) and swords dance will make him a nightmare on wheels.

Although lonely nature is a little bleh, you still get the good attack boost anyway.

But yeah, good set for him, alternatively you could use life orb so you don't have to be locked, but recoil, or a rather bleh move; leftovers.

Although choice band looks best imho.

Yeah, I suppose I don't need another sweeper, seeing as I have Volcarona and Thundurus. Though it would be nice to have a physical one as well.

Life Orb also looks good, but I don't have any experience with it so I don't really know whether I'll be missing that health or not. It looks like since Terrakion is fast, but not extremely fast, the Choice Band is superior.

I'm thinking about dropping Volcarona and keeping Thundurus seeing as having two special sweepers is overkill. Chandelure would give me special power immediately with no boost and Volcarona is really not needed then. I'd prefer to keep Volcarona on the team, though, because it's really a cool and good Pokemon.

Are Bisharp, Klinklang, and Gigalith any good? I haven't tried them out yet, they seem good 'mons though.

Gallade is awesome; I used him in the Battle Tower in Diamond and he was good. Weavile was better though.

Zekrom and Reshiram are banned from official and unofficial tournaments because they are in the "Uber" class along with other legendaries such as Mewtwo, Groudon, and Dialga. I know because I once used a Kyogre against my brother's team and it completely destroyed them.

Basically, they're banned because they are overpowered.

Even though Steel types have 11 resistances and 1 immunity, they're the second worst type offensively (Poison is the worst), only super effective on Rock and Ice. This means that Steel types generally can't do much with their STAB, especially since Steel is resisted by Water and Steel, common defensive types, as well as Electric and Fire. Steel is also weak to Fire, Fighting, and Ground, which are fairly common attack types, limiting Steel's usefulness.

It's still the best defensive type though.

If you're looking to improve Ferrothorn's accuracy, you could use a Zoom Lens instead. It boosts accuracy by 20% instead of 10% if you move after your opponent, which Ferrothorn always does.

I am really looking for one that can setup entry hazards, seeing as there are better options for offense. I actually have one right now that has a set similar to yours.

Oh, and Gyro Ball is better for Ferrothorn because he has terrible Speed, which ups its power.

Are you going to post your whole party or just keep refering to them one at a time?

My competitive one:

637.png
639.png
635.png
642.png
534.png
609.png

Volcarona
Flara (Volcarona), Lv. 72, Serious nature
Item: Chesto Berry
EVs: ?

Flamethrower
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance
Rest

Terrakion
Terrakion (I haven't thought of a good name yet :-/), Lonely nature
Item: None
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Close Combat
Stone Edge/Rock Slide (I'll use Rock Slide if I have major problems with Stone Edge's accuracy)
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Hydreigon
Vengeance (Hydreigon), Lv. 72, Naive nature
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/6 HP

Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Charge Beam
Protect

Thundurus
Zeus (Thundurus), Lv. 68, Rash nature
Item: Lum Berry

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Nasty Plot
Focus Blast

Conkeldurr
Destroyurr (Conkeldurr), Lv. 69, Serious nature
EVs: Unknown

Hammer Arm
Rock Slide
Superpower
Bulk Up

Chendelure
Specter (Chandelure), Lv. 64, Modest nature

Shadow Ball
Overheat
Energy Ball
Psychic

I might replace Chandelure with Ferrothorn.

No, it says it has the highest Attack of all Fire types and the highest Sp. Atk of all Psychic types in Zen Mode.

I honestly loathe and fear this Pokemon; it is ridiculously powerful and can smash any non-defensive Pokemon to bits in one attack. Fortunately for me, my teams are always made up of really fast Pokemon who can usually kill Darmanitan before he does too much damage. For example: my Thundurus can outspeed Darmanitan and kill him quickly, though he is weak to Rock Slide.

Okay, so I JUST got White (I'm so behind) and here's my party as of right now:

Teppy (Pignite)
Purrly (Liepard)
Dovey (Unfezant)
Blitzy (Zebstrika)
Ted (oy, can't even remember the name... the turtle fossil Pokemon)
Soly (Solosis)

All level 32. Check out my totally original nicknames. I'm such a creative person.[/sarcasm]

Yoshiwalker said:
5 of 6 of them have names ending in "y" lol.

The only reason Ted doesn't have a different nickname ending in "y" is because I named him after my turtle Pillow Pet named Ted, which I named after a real turtle I named Ted that lives in the moat in our beach house community.

Wow, that was complicated.

Long story short, Ted is special. <3

schmutz said:
Ted (oy, can't even remember the name... the turtle fossil Pokemon)
Tirtouga or Carracosta after it evolves. He's my surf Pokemon.

Emboar is decent, I haven't heard anything bad about him but nothing terribly good either.

Liepard is alright, no real weaknesses but no strong points.

Unfezant is one of the better Pokemon on your team and will serve you well in-game, but after the Elite Four he'll be outclassed by Staraptor from Diamond/Pearl

Zebstrika is ridiculously fast, has great offense as well, but his defenses are lacking. Still a decent Pokemon though.

Tirtouga and later Carracosta are wonderful Pokemon; they learn the rare new move Shell Smash, which drops your Def and Sp. Def by two levels, but boosts Atk, Sp. Atk, and Speed by two levels. Look for this move at level 40 and it will not disapoint you, even after the Elite Four.

Solosis evolves into Duosion and then Reuniclus, a rather hard to play as Pokemon. I trained one in my White version and he was rather lacking throughout the game. Reuniclus has a monster amount of health that allows him to take plenty of hits; he also learns Recover, which can further extend his lifespan. However, Reuniclus always moves last because of his terrible speed. Yes, always, unless you're facing a Gigalith or something equally slow. You have to make use of substitute, Trick Room, and Calm Mind to make this guy good, moves which are only learned after the Elite Four (you have to get them from TMs).

In short, your Pokemon party is mediocre except for Carracosta. Reuniclus is good, but hard to use. Also, I would not recommend training 6 Pokemon at a time; it's a huge EXP drain. I would suggest dropping Liepard, Zebstrika, and Solosis.

If you have the time, drop Unfezant, go back to Wellspring Cave and catch a Drilbur (walk around in the cave until a dust cloud randomly appears, it's usually a Drilbur). He evolves into the amazing Excadrill who can destroy practically anything in the game with Earthquake and Rock Slide after a Swords Dance, and he also outspeeds every Pokemon in the game in a Sandstorm.

If you follow this advice, you should have three Pokemon: Emboar, Carracosta, and Excadrill/Unfezant. Possible good fourth and maybe fifth choices to train are listed below.

Vanillite => Vanillish => Vanilluxe (Cold Storage)
Joltik => Galvantula (Chargestone Cave)
Klink => Klang => Klinklang (Chargestone Cave)
Tynamo => Eelektrik => Eelektross (Chargestone Cave, rare)
Litwick => Lampent => Chandelure (Celestial Tower)
Axew => Fraxure => Haxorus (Mistralton Cave)

Nope, I'll stick with what I've got. I like to use Pokemon that I like rather than Pokemon that have some huge strategy to work through the entire game. And I've never had a problem with raising six Pokemon at a time. I'd much rather have six Pokemon at around the same level throughout the game. I appreciate the advice but I've got it under control.

Back