Mario & Sonic Racing Ideas

Noodle said:
well still you could make it as a flash game
A 2-D racing game? Sorry, but I'm having trouble seeing how that would work.

Well, there isn't much stopping it from being in the same 'primitive 3D'.

Hey, don't bash mode 7. Primitive 3d... puh! When were you guys born, 1998. Super Mario kart was and still is frik'in awsome. Same with F-zero.

Parakarrygun88 said:
Hey, don't bash mode 7. Primitive 3d... puh! When were you guys born, 1998. Super Mario kart was and still is frik'in awsome. Same with F-zero.
I put it in inverted commas because that is what ShyGuy called it. I've played both F-Zero and Super Mario Kart, and both of them are still great.

Parakarrygun88 said:
Hey, don't bash mode 7. Primitive 3d... puh!
I'm not, I'm saying Super Mario Kart had primitive 3D. And it did, it was part of the gaming industries first steps into 3D, on consoles not designed with that in mind.

Lemmy Koopa said:
When were you guys born, 1998.
'94 actually.

I was never that wild about the "primitive 3D" titles, for some reason. It wasn't until Double Dash brought Mario Kart into true 3D that I began to appreicate the series more.

Super WaluigiWare said:
I was never that wild about the "primitive 3D" titles, for some reason. It wasn't until Double Dash brought Mario Kart into true 3D that I began to appreicate the series more.

Mario Kart 64 had "true" 3D first, though which was the courses.

Herr Shyguy said:
Parakarrygun88 said:
Hey, don't bash mode 7. Primitive 3d... puh!
I'm not, I'm saying Super Mario Kart had primitive 3D. And it did, it was part of the gaming industries first steps into 3D, on consoles not designed with that in mind.

Lemmy Koopa said:
When were you guys born, 1998.
'94 actually.
Sorry man, did'nt know. I was born in 92'. So your fifteen? Cool, and your a forum administrator. I envy you.

If they need a mod they pick a trusted rule-abiding member or Ninji.

Great game idea, I really wish SEGA or Nintendo see this, but sadly, theres not a big chance of that happening. I thought up something like this once, but this is way more detailed and so much better. Love it :)

This sounds more like a fangame opportunity than an official game opportunity. Besides, for the Mario side we've got the Mario Kart installments -- and for the Sonic side, we've got "Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing". I don't think that on the official side publishers/developers need to go THAT route.

Well I highly doubt that this kind of game will come to pass, but you can still think about it, regardless.

Back