Mario & Sonic Racing Ideas

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
You know how Mario and Sonic have starred in various racing titles; Mario in all Mario Kart titles; Sonic in Sonic R, Sonic Riders, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Well, wouldn't it be interesting to see those two, along with the various Mario and Sonic characters in a racing title? For days I've been thinking up what the game would offer if it were to exist. These include characters, items, tracks, and even single player missions. I also balanced those things so that both franchises are treated equally. But unlike past racing titles, characters would be limited to their own vehicles, just like in the Mario Kart 64 days (and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing).

Anyway, here's a link to a text document, which contains my personal ideas for this game. I'd post the stuff onto this post, but the text document has so many characters that it surpasses the 20000 character limit.

Mario & Sonic Racing Ideas Text Document

Comments are appreciated, as long as they aren't abusive or vulgar.

Sad to see Tails Doll missing in action.

Oh well, looks great otherwise.

I want Sonic to stay out of Mario other than Mario & Sonic and Super Smash Bros., unless Baby Luigi is involved and he PWNS Sonic in the face with a Star.

It would probably be just as mediocre as Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Doom Phantom said:

Unless Nintendo works for it instead of Sega.

Doom Phantom said:

You didn´t try the sequel, did you? Because winter olimpycs is an awesome game. Sega did really learn the lesson here.

Sure it´s not flaw-less but it´s an awesome game on it´s own, and compared to the mediocre first game, it´s god tier. It has better graphics (same engine, just better done), great music, a lot better gameplay, nice controls, a lot of Mario and Sonic touches (item boxes, mini turbos, etc), more characters (and I don´t mean just the playable ones), a lot of retro stages (how about an ice hockey match in bowser´s castle from MKSC?), and is, in general, a much much much better game.

Sure, it lacks online play and the framerate has a tendency to drop noticeably while playing 3 or 4 players, not to mention some details here and there could have been improved, but it´s in general an awesome game.

The DS version is just as good, but it exchanges the tourney and medal type of gameplay of the console version for a mission based storyline, much like the GB/GBA versions of Mario Tennis and Golf did in the past (except that there are no human generics or fillers in the winter olimpycs) but that´s not a bad thing: it actually makes it worth purchasing even if you already got the Wii version.

I know how lame the first olympic game was, but don´t let the hate carry on other games. Sega really learned their lesson.

Besides, Sonic Riders and Sega All Stars racing were awesome games.

I would absolutelly get a Mario and Sonic racing game.

EDIT: Fixed some typos

Yeah, Winter Games and All-Stars Racing were good games. It wouldn't be that bad if SEGA ended up making it.

I've updated the text document with an item appearance ratio table. This will give you an idea on how frequently you'll get certain items, depending on your racing position.

M&SG YOU ARE THE MAN
THAT GAME PLAN IS AWSOME IT HAS EVERYONES FAVE CHARACATER AND IT IS WELL WORKED OUT IN DETAIL
its better than my super mario girls plan

Noodle said:
M&SG YOU ARE THE MAN
THAT GAME PLAN IS AWSOME IT HAS EVERYONES FAVE CHARACATER AND IT IS WELL WORKED OUT IN DETAIL
No, there's no Tails Doll :P

Lemmy Koopa said:
Noodle said:
M&SG YOU ARE THE MAN

A lot of the Sonic characters in the roster appeared between Sonic Adventure and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Sonic Riders series and Sonic Rush series included). Tails Doll only appeared in Sonic R, which came before Sonic Adventure.

I also didn't include anyone who's deceased, such as E-102 Gamma.

Edit: Told to hide a sentence that Lemmy Koopa stated was a spoiler.

MnSG said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
Noodle said:
M&SG YOU ARE THE MAN

A lot of the Sonic characters in the roster appeared between Sonic Adventure and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Sonic Riders series and Sonic Rush series included). Tails Doll only appeared in Sonic R, which came before Sonic Adventure.
I also didn't include anyone who's deceased, such as E-102 Gamma.
Actually, Tails Doll appeared in Sonic Adventure. And Gamma has a much bigger fanbase than Omega.
Also put spoilers about Gamma.

EDIT: Okay, I got a bit mixed up...XD

Lemmy Koopa said:
Actually, Tails Doll appeared in Sonic Adventure. And Gamma has a much bigger fanbase than Omega, and
I'm pretty sure Silver died too.
Also put spoilers about Gamma.

The Tails Dolls in Sonic Adventure were just dolls. They weren't THE Tails Doll.

Regarding Silver, I don't see anything about him being deceased on his wiki page.

The thought of more Mario and sonic games just dosn't sound appealing in the slightest. Mario should stay in his games and sonic should stay in his games. Great work anyway.

wel i can seeeveryone i know fave character there
me:rosalina,rouge,tiny
brother:silver,shadow,bowser jr
best friend:silver,birdo
other best friend:amy,rosalina
ect.....

Well, anyway, it's a brilliant idea. Must have taken some time to make. I hope Nintendo and/or Sega see this and begin to make it right now. And if not, maybe a flash game on the internet.

Lemmy Koopa said:
Well, anyway, it's a brilliant idea. Must have taken some time to make. I hope Nintendo and/or Sega see this and begin to make it right now. And if not, maybe a flash game on the internet.
It's a fan idea, chance is Nintendo or Sega don't browse these forums.

Back