All Time Greatest Villain

For movies:
Marvel: Loki
Disney: Frollo
Pixar: Lotso or Syndrome
For books:
Harry Potter had some good villains, like the insane Bellatrix and
Barty Crouch Jr.
, the annoying Umbridge, and (of course) Voldemort.
For video games:
Although Sonic '06 was definitely the black sheep of the series, I'd have to say Mephiles.

Because he had something relevant to say for it.

Personally my favourite villain is probably The Master

Duke Devlin said:

I don't know about you but I find it much easier to create a new topic about this than dig up freaking old topics such as this one and post in it (it's not even against the rules to make a new topic when an old one is too old)

Pick a Dracula. Any Dracula. Except Adam Sandler.

Baby Luigi said:
Duke Devlin said:
I don't know about you but I find it much easier to create a new topic about this than dig up freaking old topics such as this one and post in it (it's not even against the rules to make a new topic when an old one is too old)
apparently he doesn't

also Jim Moriarty is the best villain

I don't really know today, but I used to think that Saint Dane from the Pendragon series was the greatest villains mainly due to his ability to destroy planets and societies throughout space and time just by making people mad at each other.

Hmm, Palpatine. He's the one who wanted to be immortal but could never manage it, right?

And Palpatine made pretty much the same mistake of fighting near a hole that would kill him if he fell into it.

Dimentio as a villain is pretty badass.
I like Fawful a bit more as an overall character, but as a villain no one beats Dimentio, IMO.
He pretended to side with Count Bleck, planning to turn on him and make him and everyone else his slaves. There is even an optional "Game Over" scene if you agree to join him, he brainwashes both Mario and Luigi and flat-out says that they are now his slaves and will do his bidding.

He cares for no one but himself, and won't hesitate to backstab those who trust him. None of the other villains in the series did anything quite as cruel and downright diabolical as Dimentio. He's just that evil.

Dimentio's a wannabe Kefka. Kefka's a wannabe Joker.

SiFi said:
And Palpatine made pretty much the same mistake of fighting near a hole that would kill him if he fell into it.
Yeah. At least Garlic Jr. fell into some dark parallel pocket dimension that was inescapable (aside from the Makyo Star for whatever reason).

Palpatine fell down a generator shaft.

GalacticPetey said:
SiFi said:
Yeah. At least Garlic Jr. fell into some dark parallel pocket dimension that was inescapable (aside from the Makyo Star for whatever reason).

hence why thrawn is better

also palpatine's best attribute as a villain was always his manipulation skills. no character has ever managed to manipulate so many people in such a short time period

i don't really care about power levels or whatnot - palpatine's just flat-out more cunning than any of these people listed here (except thrawn and maybe moriarty)

Oh yeah, and Luke Castellan from Percy Jackson.

Anna said:
GalacticPetey said:
SiFi said:

also palpatine's best attribute as a villain was always his manipulation skills. no character has ever managed to manipulate so many people in such a short time period

i don't really care about power levels or whatnot - palpatine's just flat-out more cunning than any of these people listed here (except thrawn and maybe moriarty)
The Joker's probably insane enough that Palpatine could not manipulate him.

Castlevania's Dracula isn't the best of planners most of the time, but he has some really good ones working for him, including Death himself.

let's face facts tony, on the list of villains most wanted dead, Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter is #1 on that list.

and she didn't even die

let's see, i liked most of the main nolan batman movie villains: bane, scarecrow, ra's al ghul, joker, and two face, i guess you could also count catwoman as a villain, though she's more of an anti hero, but
miranda tate aka talia al ghul was an awful villain, mainly in acting, but also in role. i could immediately tell she was a villain right from the start

all of the potc villains had a fantastic and likable set of villains, all in their different ways: barbossa was dark, davy jones was mad, beckett was sophisticated, and blackbeard was selfish, yet all had a level of comedy that could really bring them to be quite lovable, and did you notice? each of them had a rather sad, depressing, or meaningful death, however you see it. i love that series

jim moriarty is insane and hilarious and you gotta love him, nuff said

hans from frozen is a DICK and for some reason incredibly likable

the master is awesome

gothmog from lotr is the more action based villain, eventually bringing his own injured ass into action, and as you all know, when a major hero (eowyn) has to battle a major villain (gothmog) then you KNOW shit's about to go down. shit already went down earlier in the movie when they brought in the Nazgul Airforce of Mordor, and the Elephant Cavalry of Harad. witchking commanded that battle, whose own commander was sauron, whom even had a boss himself, morgoth.

smaug's still a destructive war machine, was happy with the way he turned out, looking forward to more of him

liked zod in man of steel, had a good epic battle

and i liked president business in the lego movie

GalacticPetey said:
Anna said:
GalacticPetey said:
SiFi said:

The Joker's probably insane enough that Palpatine could not manipulate him.
fair enough, the joker's pretty skilled at planning as well

but his planning was different. it was more of a "i cannot possibly lose this battle" planning. palpatine's was "make all my enemies love me so i can kill them" planning, which is a different level

thrawn is "i can predict every single thing my enemies are going to do a week in advance"

My completely unbiased best villain list:

The Joker
Kefka Palazzo
Dimentio
Moriarty
Christof from the Truman Show
Fawful

Back