The next generation Nintendo console.

Alisbet

The Brave
Hello. In this thread you basically can discuss about the possible next generation Nintendo home console like the title says, and what it would br like. I know that it might be too early to discuss something like this but I hope that you don't mind. Enjoy.

Motion control > Normal gameplay

The Wii is the only system where you can swing your arms around like a total douchebag and still be having fun.

JohnnyDaShizzle said:
I hope they bring back a normal controller, I'm sick of this motion control stuff now I wanna go back to the days of normal gaming.
Johnny, I guess you want lower resolutions and simpler game mechanics, too. Face it, motion control has brought in an absolutely enormous amount of money, it's not just some fad; it's the next(well, current) big thing. Like the analog stick or shoulder buttons. You don't see them just dropping those because a couple of nostalgic fanboys don't like them.

I'm not a nostalgic fanboy I just don't dig the motion controller stuff. Part of the reason why I don't even play my Wii that much is cause of the controller, I just don't personally dig it. Not everyone's gonna like the new fad in town or whatever motion control gaming has become.

Sigh. You obviously didn't read my entire post.

I hope they make a console with which EA won't dumb down their sports titles like they've done for the Wii. If they had a "family-friendly" version and a real version (a carbon copy of the ones from other consoles except for a different control scheme), it would be fine.

Oaktown Mojo said:
I hope they make a console with which EA won't dumb down their sports titles like they've done for the Wii. If they had a "family-friendly" version and a real version (a carbon copy of the ones from other consoles except for a different control scheme), it would be fine.
Yea like Madden for the Wii is a complete joke, heck even the Need for Speed series seemed worse on the Wii than on the PS3 or 360. And Burnout Legends was a cool game for the PSP, but on the DS it's complete shit. But back to Madden, I think the Madden Arcade game for the 360 and PS3 is better than the Wii game, it sucks that EA can't make a decent game for Wii owners.

They can. They just wanted to make it family friendly, under the impression there were no hardcore gamers on the Wii. There are. In fact, I'd have a 360 instead, but the Wii has Mario Games.

Now, if EA made all that family-friendly stuff an option that you could turn on and off (or just make two separate games, and have the hardcore version cost more or something), it would be fine.

Oaktown Mojo said:
They can. They just wanted to make it family friendly, under the impression there were no hardcore gamers on the Wii. There are. In fact, I'd have a 360 instead, but the Wii has Mario Games.
It's impossible to own just one console nowadays. I have a Wii for the sole purpose of first-party titles (and No More Heroes). I have a 360 for everything else.

As for the next-gen Ninty console, they need to put a friggin' DVD/BluRay player on it. Seriously guys, get with the times. Also, online should be at least on par with the competitors.

Crystal Man said:
Oaktown Mojo said:
It's impossible to own just one console nowadays. I have a Wii for the sole purpose of first-party titles (and No More Heroes). I have a 360 for everything else.

As for the next-gen Ninty console, they need to put a friggin' DVD/BluRay player on it. Seriously guys, get with the times. Also, online should be at least on par with the competitors.
I only own a PS2.

And there's no need to put a DVD player on it, you use a video game console to play video games and they did release a DVD player for the GameCube in Japan, it sold poorly since it cost about as much as the actual system.

Shao Kahn said:
As for the next-gen Ninty console, they need to put a friggin' DVD/BluRay player on it. Seriously guys, get with the times.
Why do people insist that everything should merge together into one machine? What if someone just wants to play games, and they end up also needing to pay for all the shit they had to stuff into it for it to play BluRays? Extra functionality is just an excuse to raise the price, and for some reason "hardcore gamers" are ridiculously susceptible to it.

What does it save you? Space? Someone that short on space in their living room should be looking into a new place to live, not a video game console. Money? No, because shit like that raises the price. Is it like you said, and people just want it because it's what's hip and cool and it shows that you're up-to-date on all the new technology? Probably.

Just like fucking macs. The customers were traditionally geeks and now all of a sudden they're the "hip" and "cool" ones and it all went to their heads and now they're just wasting money trying to hold their position as the "cool up-to-date technology guy".

ugozima said:
Motion control > Normal gameplay

The Wii is the only system where you can swing your arms around like a total BLEEP and still be having fun.

So true...

I only own ps2 for Kingdom hearts. i own the wii for everything else.

unit4545 said:
If you mean the wii in the color black, it's the same thing.
No. Like instead of the PS, the PS2 or PS3. I guess I'm wrong. I read it somewhere on the Internet, but I forget where, and it's probably not true.

JohnnyDaShizzle said:
Oaktown Mojo said:
Yea like Madden for the Wii is a complete joke, heck even the Need for Speed series seemed worse on the Wii than on the PS3 or 360. And Burnout Legends was a cool game for the PSP, but on the DS it's complete *bleep*. But back to Madden, I think the Madden Arcade game for the 360 and PS3 is better than the Wii game, it sucks that EA can't make a decent game for Wii owners.
I agree. Either the first or second time I played Wii's Madden 09, I played as Oakland against Kansas City, and I won around 70 or so to 0.

I'm just hoping they make it something new and fresh. At the end of the day, the Wii seems like just a modified GameCube. Especially in terms of graphics.

Maybe they will make a 3D television so you don't need a television to play! Though it would be rather inconvenient, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will fix that.

WaluigiWare said:
I'm just hoping they make it something new and fresh. At the end of the day, the Wii seems like just a modified GameCube. Especially in terms of graphics.

Yeah, they still have jagged models and oatmeal-effects. Graphics isn't what makes a game great, though.

It's very unlikely that they will implement the DVD stuff. Nintendo said one time something about, "People buy consoles for the game".

LeftyGreenMario said:
WaluigiWare said:

It's very unlikely that they will implement the DVD stuff. Nintendo said one time something about, "People buy consoles for the game".

Hope not. All that crap does is sky-rocket the price. What do I have DVD player for, then? Though it may be convenient to others if they lack a DVD system, I don't really see the point in it.

Nintendo's right. I already have a TV, a DVD player, and my family has a Blu-Ray player. I don't think I need a second one of each all on my video game console.

I have NEVER used my Xbox 360's DVD-playing or TV-broadcasting capabilities.

Back