Donkey Kong Country Returns

Re: New Donkey Kong Country announced at E3

Kid Icarus Uprising and Kirby: Epic Yarn.
Its about time these got there own fucking games, too.

Gamefreak75 said:
Kirby: Epic Yarn.
The graphics in that look like they'll be annoying.
I wish they'd have shown a new Mario game for the 3DS, too. I guess Kid Icarus looks cool though.

Uniju said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Kirby: Epic Yarn.
The graphics in that look like they'll be annoying.
I wish they'd have shown a new Mario game for the 3DS, too. I guess Kid Icarus looks cool though.

It's going to be epic nonetheless! I just wanted some news on Pikmin 3 though! What the hell happened to it!?!

Epic Yarn: shit name, awesome gameplay

Here's the trailer, for anybody who hasn't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAseFU9a2c8

Mario Sports Mix sounds promising. It includes four new sports that Mario has never played before: volleyball, hockey, dodgeball, and basketball.

Confirmed characters:

Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Princess Daisy
Yoshi
Shy Guy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Bowser

It still exists though. :P

Nintendo says the new DKC game is going to be called "Donkey Kong Country Returns" which sounds pretty cool. The game itself looks pretty awesome too. Not sure why there's a dinosaur in the middle of nowhere though.

No Kremlings? Really?

Also, I hope the other Kongs appear in this game. If not, then I seriously hope they change the name, since it isn't really "Donkey Kong Country Returns", it's just "Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong".

Smashgoom202 said:
No Kremlings? Really?
I don't know about anyone else, but I get the feeling that King K. Rool is the one behind everything, and will end up being the final boss. I see it as being no different from Donkey Kong Country 3, where he was the one running everything behind the scenes. I seriously doubt those Tiki things would be stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard if K. Rool wasn't responsible in some way, shape, or form.

I'm only looking forward to Paper Mario 3DS, the other spin-offs are lame.

Maybe he'll pop in at where you think you've beaten the game...

Newer than Sifi said:
That WOULD be awesome, and I'll instantly forgive Retro Studios if the do that!

Because not only will King K. Rool be in the game, but they'll have done what Rare used to do, and that's true DKC right there!

Newer than Sifi said:
I was hoping something like that would happen in New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, after the false claim that Cammie Dunnaway(sp?) or some other Nintendo representitive made, about there being a new final boss. You just couldn't fathom my disappointment when it turned out that there wasn't. It was the same easy, repetitive boss battle against the Ghastly King.

IGN said:
Other abilities are given to the Kongs that add depth to the gameplay, but these will be largely familiar to people who have followed the franchise. Diddy Kong has a jetpack, allowing him to fly over gaps (as well as help Donkey do so if he's riding on his back), and Donkey can now blow gusts of air in order to uncover hidden treasures. Additionally the Kong's both get a ground pound move, enabling the player to shake the Wii remote and nunchuck up and down in order to make their characters slam down on objects in their way.
I approve.

Nerdy Guy said:
Nintendo says the new DKC game is going to be called "Donkey Kong Country Returns" which sounds pretty cool.
Really? I think it sounds pretty cliche, as well as lame. I kind of hope it's just a working title. They could use to drop the "Country" subtitle if they're still going to add "Returns"(or any other second subtitles). Two subtitles is just silly.

Uniju said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Nintendo says the new DKC game is going to be called "Donkey Kong Country Returns" which sounds pretty cool.
Really? I think it sounds pretty cliche, as well as lame. I kind of hope it's just a working title. They could use to drop the "Country" subtitle if they're still going to add "Returns"(or any other second subtitles). Two subtitles is just silly.
Kirby's Epic Yarn has a batter name than that.

Dude, you don't need to quote that post. It was RIGHT ABOVE YOUR ONE. We all know what you're responding to...
Also, I must respectfully disagree. Kirby's Epic Yarn is just about the worst name any Nintendo game has ever had. Worse than Donkey Kong Country Returns, and worse than Animal Crossing: City Folk. Heck, worse than Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City.

I just think they could've been more creative, but don't judge a game by its name.

But you just said the name was good.

Back