NSY said:
28th October. Which is in 9 days.

Woah. How did you figure that one out?

Politoed said:
NSY said:
Politoed said:
NSY said:
Another pokémon fad then.

Not really. A few of us simply wanted to do a group thing. No need for the entire forum to go ahead and do it.
They are 6 people following it though.

Uh, ok. I'm not sure what that has to do with it. Point being, it's not a "fad", so there's no need for other people to feel like they have to change their nicks to pokemon, too. In fact, I'd greatly prefer if that didn't happen.
Not trying to get too off-topic here, but I essentially agree with Anton's entire post there, specifically the bolded part of it.

Damn you guys, now I want a Rattata name change but it hasn't been a month yet!

Miracle Matter said:
Damn you guys, now I want a Rattata name change but it hasn't been a month yet!
of course you do.

i never knew that teasing the constant avatar changer was this much fun

I actually have a name in mind that goes with just about all of my interests when my month is up. It's a secret!

Politoed said:
Not really. A few of us simply wanted to do a group thing. No need for the entire forum to go ahead and do it.

Have you heard of conformity? It's a psychological phenomena that would want people to be in groups. People just want to fit in, I guess.

Baby Luigi said:
Politoed said:

Have you heard of conformity? It's a psychological phenomena that would want people to be in groups. People just want to fit in, I guess.

Now now, a psychological phenomena is not a sentient entity and therefore unable to express desire in anything. The correct phrasing here would be "It's a psychological phenomenon responsible for people's want of being in groups". ;)

Anyway, personally, I don't really mind if more people want to participate. It's just some thing done for fun, after all.

Charmander said:
Anyway, personally, I don't really mind if more people want to participate. It's just some thing done for fun, after all.
yeah basically

also i'm not changing my name because

1. that would make it weird if i switched to another theme
2. i don't think it's been a month yet

EDIT: Confirmed. I have 5 days to wait.

I would change my name, but its too mainstream now but I don't really want to have to mess around with my profile much.

Phantom L said:
Rin Kagamine said:
I actually have a name in mind that goes with just about all of my interests when my month is up. It's a secret!
I know what it is! ennething!

Hint: It's not related to any of my obsessions.
Although I'll probably stick with Rin Kagamine for a while.

Yoshi K said:
Typhlosion
Big McIntosh said:
The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense
Hi, these names were not changed.

Sorry if this is too early to remind you, but it has almost been 24 hours and a mod had posted here.

Be patient, the mods are more likely to ignore your request if you keep Nagging.

NSY said:
Be patient, the mods are more likely to ignore your request if you keep Nagging.
I know, it just seemed like the request had gone unnoticed.

Charmander said:
Baby Luigi said:
Politoed said:

Now now, a psychological phenomena is not a sentient entity and therefore unable to express desire in anything. The correct phrasing here would be "It's a psychological phenomenon responsible for people's want of being in groups". ;)

Whatever, I suck with words

Nathan Drake said:
NSY said:

What gave you that idea?

Nagging is really annoying I presume

Yeah, I mean, reminding them a second time is not nagging, per se, it is simply letting them know that they overlooked your request and they will take care of it. That is nowhere close to "nagging". Nagging them would be asking them a billion times or continuing to ask inbetween everyone's posts, which no one here does, obviously.

So NSY, learn your definitions before going around using words like that. and most importantly nagging is not a proper noun so don't capitalize it

MCS said:
Yeah, I mean, reminding them a second time is not nagging, per se, it is simply letting them know that they overlooked your request and they will take care of it. That is nowhere close to "nagging". Nagging them would be asking them a billion times or continuing to ask inbetween everyone's posts, which no one here does, obviously.

So NSY, learn your definitions before going around using words like that. and most importantly nagging is not a proper noun so don't capitalize it

Off topic, but pointing out that the mods missed a name change the DAY AFTER and the DAY OF the requests being made, and when the requests are LITERALLY less than a page back, is, in fact, the DEFINITION, of nagging. The mods will get to it in time, they dont need to be nagged about it hours after its already been posted in the thread less than a day ago.

Geez. I saw it back at the beginning and thought it was OK.

SO STOP ARGUING AND LET'S MOVE ON!

Back