Gen V Pokémon game names revealed - Pokémon Black and White Versions

Serebii doesn't tell you where he got all his information.

It's not BluePikminKong at the moment.......we share an account so dont blame him if I have my FireBabyLuigi11 sig @ the bottom. Now that that was cleared up......Serebii is the japanese name for Celebi and 2nd yes it says they get their info from Coro Coro.com
:yoshi: FireBabyLuigi11 :luigi:

Bunch of new Pokémon and the regional professor were released in leaked CoroCoro scans.

Bulbanews doesn't load for me, so all I know is that the professor is female.

The gear enemy actually looks pretty cool and there seems to be a new move it uses. Can't wait to see its evolutions.
And finally a lady professor! yes!

Gamefreak75 said:
The gear enemy actually looks pretty cool and there seems to be a new move it uses. Can't wait to see its evolutions.
Looks like Magnemite if it had been a clown to me. Which I don't like.

I'm pretty sure the cool looking gray bird is going to be the common flying type and that white mouse thing is going to be the common enemy like Bidoof...but what is that pink thing supposed to be?! o_O'

Smugleaf said:
Gamefreak75 said:
but what is that pink thing supposed to be?! o_O'

It's called Munna, it's a Psychic-type, and it's the Dream Eater Pokemon.
Okay, thanks, it looks weird though. And Meguroku is the monkey thing, right?

Smugleaf said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Smugleaf said:
Gamefreak75 said:
but what is that pink thing supposed to be?! o_O'

It's called Munna, it's a Psychic-type, and it's the Dream Eater Pokemon.
Okay, thanks, it looks weird though. And Meguroku is the monkey thing, right?

No problem. And Meguroko is the crocodile. The monkey is Hihidaruma.
I just realized that you can click the picture for the names at Bulbagarden. I hope the pigeon one isn't as weak as Pidgey though.

Newer than Sifi said:
Gamefreak75 said:
I hope the pigeon one isn't as weak as Pidgey though.

Judging the previous generations, I'm pretty sure it is...
I thought Starly was the best standard flying type because when he evolves into Staraptor, he gains massive attack power.

The birds are in ascending order.

Staraptor is better than Swellow, Swellow is better than Noctowl, Noctowl is better than Pidgeot.

Therefore, the new bird will be better than Staraptor.

Smugleaf said:
The birds are in ascending order.

Staraptor is better than Swellow, Swellow is better than Noctowl, Noctowl is better than Pidgeot.

Therefore, the new bird will be better than Staraptor.
Judging by its species (Baby Pigeon Pokemon), it doesn't sound too menacing. And that also likely means that Chiramii will be lame because all the other standard normals were lame.
Rattata was lame, Sentret was lame, Poochyena was alright even though he wasn't a Normal type, and Bidoof was the lamest of all.

Zigzagoon goes with Rattata, Sentret, and Bidoof, not Poochyena.

And Reshiram and Zekrom's abilities have been revealed. Reshiram has TurboBlaze, and Zekrom has Terra Voltage.

Oh, forgot about Zigzagoon for a moment. He wasn't that lame.

I still don't understand how Reshiram is Fire/Dragon and Zekrom is Electric/Dragon, they don't seem like it. I like how they did the Yin-Yang reference though.

Ya know how all the Pokedexes have been based on the handheld systems?

This could mean that the new Pokedex is based on the 3DS.

My thoughts:

-So the new professor is female this time around? That's a nice change of pace.
-New Pokémon, Chiramii: Probably going to be this game's Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof. I think it's kind of cute.
-New Pokémon, Munna: Uhh... What the Hell? Kind of cute, I guess, but more weird than anything else. What is it, some sort of pig or... Wait, is it a tapir? Couldn't tell at first, but then I noticed it's snout. Personally, I prefer Drowzee.
-New Pokémon, Giaru: Well, it's a gear... Or gears. I think they look cool, they remind me of the cogs from Conker's Bad Fur Day.
-New Pokémon, Mamepato: The new Pidgey. It's more of a gray pigeon that Pidgey was, but whatever. I guess I can't expect much at this point.
-New Pokémon, Hihidaruma: Well, okay, this is different. I don't know what to think of it at the moment, but I guess it's looks... cool? What caught my eye was it's description: "The Flaming Pokémon"...
-New Pokémon, Shimama: An electric zebra. Okay, I guess. Reminds me of Girafarig, somewhat, or much cuter.
-New Pokémon, Meguroko: Okay, definitely my favorite out of the bunch and probably my new favorite out of this generation.

My personal favorites of this batch are Giaru, because it looks cool and I'm a huge fan of steel-types, Mamepato because I like birds and it seems cool, and Meguroko because, well it's a crocodile and its Ground-Dark type is really nice.

Just thought I'd bring this up to clear all doubt:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daruma_doll

Daruma.jpg

Hihidaruma.png

Yeah, that's cool. I guess they gave it monkey arms and legs just to make it more animal-like. So when you're talking about it, just remember, it's not a monkey so much as it a... Well, Pokémon based on Japanese dolls.

Back