2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on Group A's final round

Mexico-Uruguay
History will not repeat itself, we will get revenge from 2006. We will.

France-South Africa:
France seemed happy to lose. If not for Hugo Lloris, it would have been like a 4-1 or worse... France will have problems when they go back to France. This is now a HUGE problem

Standings
1.- Uruguay 7pts
2.- Mexico 4pts
3.- South Africa 4pts
4.- France 1pt

France is just done, there's no redemption possile for their failure and how corrupt they are internally.

Mexico will win though! They must.

My thoughts about Mexico vs Uruguay:

they both had a good team but Mexico wasted a lot of chances while Uruguay broke Mexico's defenses and scored their only goal.

My thoughts on Group B's matches

Argentina-Greece:
Argentina's offense is perhaps the strongest in the tournament, but they will advance no further, for they shall encounter the Mexican fury blocking their paths.

Korea-Nigeria:
Expected the tie.... Nigeria utterly disappointed me in the whole tournament.

1.-Argentina 9pts
2.-Korea 4pts
3.-Greece 2pts
4.-Nigeria 1pt

Well the U.S. and Algeria match will be intersting.

Germany should easily overpower the next opponent if Klose doesn't get out. (forgot who the opponent was)

Greece had a chance to win, but failed.

So my thoughts on the America vs. Algeria match.

It was a pretty close match, but at the 91st minute, the U.S. scored their only goal. I personally thought that the U.S. got a lucky shot because the goalie was literally ran over by people and couldn't get up on time. Donovan is a pretty good goalmaker nonetheless.

And then the captain of Algeria (I'm not good with names) got two yellow cards. I laughed because it doesn't matter because Algeria is out of the cup now.

My thoughts on Group C matches

England-Slovenia:
Slovenia were stupids, they were overconfident, which cost them the elimination

USA-Algeria:
I'll abstain from commenting

1.-USA
2.-England
3.-Slovenia :(
4.-Algeria

Group D:
Germany-Ghana:
Finally, an African country that doesn't disappoint me. Germany-England in teh next round will be a really interesting match

Australia-Serbia:
I feel sorry for them, because they are good teams, not as in playing, but as in character, personality, etc..

1.-Germany
2.-Ghana
3.-Australia (lost by Goal Difference)
4.-Serbia

My thoughts on today's (Thursday) matches

Italy-Slovakia:
The best match in what we have seen of the tournament. Goals, controversy, surprise, it was amazing.

Paraguay-New Zealand:
New Zealand ended the group round without losing, but they didnt pass :P NZ ended above Italy in the group.... The team fom Oceania that people thought they couldn't play soccer above the World Champ....

1.-Paraguay
2.-Slovakia
3.-New Zealand
4.-Italy :O

Netherlands-Cameroon:
None of them had anything to lose, really. Games like this are fun to watch, because players are relaxed, and normally, they play better. Normally

Japan-Denmark:
japan advanced :D Now I have some money.... Denmark gave a good World Cup

1.-Netherlands
2.-Japan
3.-Denmark
4.-Cameroon

Japan did awesome. Denmark got lucky on their penalty kick.

Cameroon had a chance to win, but they were overpowered by Netherlands.

Italy did okay, but they could've won.

Serbia was good.

I still cannot believe that New Zealand is above Italy, though!

The U.S. lost. :'( They put up a good fight while it lasted.

England just sucked ass and deserved to be eliminated.

Mexico could've done better, I know it. This is not the Mexico I knew.

Finally back, and I'll analyze the first four elimination games.

Uruguay-South Korea: Though they were pretty evenly matched, South Korea deserved to lose as a result of a poor play by the goalie.

USA-Ghana: The US was too laid-back before each Ghana goal and after the Donovan goal. Had they kept pressing, they would've had more opportunities to win.

Germany-England: Regardless of the crappy ref, Germany still would've won. They were able to stay onside and slip behind England's defense four times.

Argentina-Mexico: Mexico was overmatched, but they could've played a bit better.

Next up:

Netherlands-Slovakia: Though the Dutch should win, Repre could pull off another upset. Look at Italy (yes, I know their goalie was out). The question is, will we see the Slovak team that got steamrolled by Paraguay or the one that scored 3 on Italy?

Brazil-Chile: Chile shocked me with their win over Switzerland and had a shot of beating Spain, which now looks easy in comparison to Brazil. Brazil's offense has done far less than expected, but their defense should suffice.

If either one of the favored teams fall tomorrow, the path to the finals will look a lot better for Uruguay and Ghana.

On another note:

The refs were great at the start of the tournament. Up until the 18th, there were barely any missed calls, and none of them were very controversial. Starting with the US-Slovenia game, things went downhill. The calls have gotten worse and worse, and it's ruining great games. They need to add at least two or three more refs, including a goal judge and a couple more linesmen. The field is simply too large for a few men to handle. A hockey rink is half the size, yet it has an additional ref and a goal judge, who looks at video replays, which Sepp Blatter is too stubborn to bring to soccer. And that's what really grinds my gears.

On the same note, they need to really look at the replays. It can drastically change the game.

Yeahh it was. Mexico sucked ass, sorry Tucky, but my country is better than yours ;D

Oh yes, I think that Brazil vs. Chile will be an interesting match. I hope that Brazil would win, they look rather promising.

Brazil won easily, but Slovakia kept their game interesting for a while.

I'm really looking forward to Spain-Portugal, but Japan-Paraguay will also be close.

Zakumi said:
It was epic when the replay of Argentina's first "goal" was shown on the stadium, everyone went mad
I agree. Paraguay and Japan will be very interesting. I'm rooting for both teams.

You believe how chickenshit FIFA is? They decided that rather than review shitty calls, they'll just ignore them.

BULLSHIT!

U.S.A deserves some slack.
Italy deserves some slack.
England deserves some slack because these teams lost because of shitty calls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back