2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering it's never been held in Africa before anyway, it's not like they had an opportunity before.

Germany is winning :D My thoughts of the game when it is over :P

Thoughts of the game:
Marco Rodruiguez (ref) was not exaggerating with the red card, he just enforces the rules strictly, thing other refs don't do, which makes him look unfair. The rules state that any entrance by behind is red card.
Australia's defense was really weak, and when Cahill went out, it was even worse. Germany had more oportunities, the score could have been bigger, but a 4-0 is great. As Gary Linekin said, "Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, and in the end Germany always wins"

Zakumi said:
Germany is winning :D My thoughts of the game when it is over :P

Thoughts of the game:
Marco Rodruiguez (ref) was not exaggerating with the red card, he just enforces the rules strictly, thing other refs don't do, which makes him look unfair. The rules state that any entrance by behind is red card.
Australia's defense was really weak, and when Cahill went out, it was even worse. Germany had more oportunities, the score could have been bigger, but a 4-0 is great. As Gary Linekin said, "Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, and in the end Germany always wins"

I hate germany. And Ralphan should know why...
bu ti was glad with the other two games, especially ghana winning! I'm relly looking forward to Japan's game tommorwo, but i wanna watch e3 as well.

Algeria-Slovenia: Both the teams were way too cautious. After Algeria went a man down, the opportunity presented itself and Slovenia cashed in. Had Slovenia been more aggressive, they would've had at least one or two more goals. Chaouchi was awful in goal. He kept yelling at his players.

Serbia-Ghana: Great match to watch. It could've been much higher-scoring, but the keepers played well on both sides. Even without Essien and Muntari, Ghana's ability to win showed that they are a force to be reckoned with.

Germany-Australia: Germany dominated from the start behind strong performances from Klose and Podolski.

Oaktown Mojo said:
Expect Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski to step up.

I guess losing Hiddink hurt Australia more than expected. They breezed through qualifying, yet they looked horrible. It looks like Germany and Ghana will advance, but Serbia could play Germany to a tie and then beat Australia. A tie and a loss from Ghana could give Serbia the opportunity to advance.

Tomorrow:

Netherlands-Denmark: Even without Robben, the Dutch should win. Kuyt will play very well. Still, "Olsen's Eleven" will keep this match close and possibly hold them to a draw.

Japan-Cameroon: Garlic, we all know Cameroon will win. Japan has been awful ever since they clinched their spot. They are inexperienced and will be outplayed by a strong Cameroonian team led by Eto'o.

Italy-Paraguay: Italy should win, but players like Valdez will come through in Salvador Cabanas' absence. The final will probably be around 2-0 Italy.

In Group F, Slovakia-Paraguay will determine who joins Italy in the Round of 16. New Zealand has no right being in South Africa, but Australia switching from OFC to AFC gave them the ticket to a two-leg playoff, and they were very lucky in drawing Bahrain over Saudi Arabia.

My thoughts on today's first 2 matches

Netherlands-Denmark
The key to Netherlands victory was the good passing they did during the match, their ground game, and keeping posession of the ball

Japan-Cameroon
Eto'o went unnoticed. Could have been more goals, but the posts saved some of them. Africa has been disappointing in my opinion, and Asia has been the surprise

Oaktown Mojo said:
If Japan wins even once, I'll be surprised.

Yeah that's right foo'.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!! Italy ties :D

Damn, they tied >_> Anyway, since I now cant win lots of money, lets get to the game thoughts...

Italy started the World Cup the italian way. Not playing very good, with a low profile, but when no one expects it, they can win the World Cup.... It was a dirty game, especially on mid field.

The Dutch played a strong match and looked like contenders. Eto'o didn't put a shot on net until the end. Italy didn't play very well. But then again, they didn't flop today.

That was an epic save by the Ivory Coast's goalie in the second quarter near the beginning.

*drumroll*

Yeah, my thoughts on today's matches

Slovakia-New Zealand
C'mon, NZ doesn't play soccer. They play rugby or something else, you could see that in the coach. He didn't shout indications, he just sat there. But, sadly for Slovakia, they did the same as me, they underestimated the All-Whites, which lead to NZ tying the game in the aggregate time

Côte d'Ivorie-Portugal
Ok, the best team in Africa against the 4th place in the 06 World Cup, both have great offenses, one would expect goals, BUT NO!! THEY HAD TO TIE! GODDAMMIT!!!

Brazil-Korea
I didn't watch it, but the result surprised me. Seriously. Brazil may sturggle with CIV and Portugal

North Korea put up a great fight and managed to scole their onyl goal 2 minutes before time ran out!

The North Korean offense is generally pitiful, but they don't let in many goals. New Zealand do
didn't deserve a tie today. Slovakia should've come out on top. Portugal doesn't have Luis Figo, and today they played with lack of heart. If they keep gong like this, they'll lose to Brazil and tie North Korea 0-0.

Frei's Swiss team has potential to beat Spain. They're the right kind of team. Chile-Honduras should be interesting. Don't know what to expect. Whoever wins the South Africa-Uruguay math should move on (unless Mexico ties France).

My thoughts on today's matches.

Honduras-Chile:
KInda expected the resuly. Beasejour plays well with his selection, but not with his team.

Spain-Switzerland:
WTF!?!??! Spain's offense was consistent, but Switzeralnds' defense was solid, so they didn't let anything pass. The few oportunities they had, they knew how to take advantage of them, I am still surprised. SPain will struggle to qualify.

RSA-Uruguay
South Africa is weak, and the evidenced that. Uruguay dominated the game easily, very easily. That forces Mexico to win tomorrow if they want to advance

Man, the goalie for the South Africans got a red card! I knew they were screwed when that happened.

Zakumi said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Man, the goalie for the South Africans got a red card! I knew they were screwed when that happened.
haha they were lucky they still had subs
I like how they traded in one of their players for a goalie. It was a smart move, but they still lost.

Honduras-Chile: Honduras seriously played like they were just happy to be there. Chile didn't really need much effort.

Spain-Switzerland: Switzerland pretty much played a better version of what North Korea did against Brazil. They relied on their defense, and it worked.

South Africa-Uruguay: South Africa played like they were expected to against Mexico.

Argentina-South Korea: A very underrated match. A South Korea upset could change everything.

Nigeria-Greece: Nigeria should win easily, but I'm doubting them after the Argentina match.

Mexico-France: A Mexico win means they can play Uruguay to a tie, letting both teams advance to the next round, regardless of South Africa-France's result. Besides, the whole world will celebrate France's elimination.

Yeah, Honduras looked happy :)

My thoughts on Argentina-Korea
Argentina's offense is the best in the tournament, in my opinion, and it is led, not by Messi, not by Tevez, but by Higuain. Higuain is the true soul of the team, he does much for Argentina, while Messi doesn't do anything. The group was easy for Argentina to qualify as 1st

Pre-game analisis on Mexico-France:
The french media puts Mexico as favorite, but this could be a trick from them so Mexico becomes overconfident. Anyway, the key will be midfield. Mexico tends to play better with the best teams (Italy). Aguirre will definitely surprise everyone. I think the line up will be:
Perez
Maza-Moreno-Salcido-Osorio
TOrrado-Juarez-Marquez(captain)
Gio-Franco
Vela

Had the feeling France would go 3 and out. Now Mexico and Uruguay can agree to play a 0-0 match, advancing them both to the next round. Mexico could decide to play for the win (they'd finish in second on goal differential, causing them to probably play Argentina) and avoid Argentina.

South Korea just needs a win to advance even though they looked like crap today. Greece will need a miracle to beat Argentina and possibly advance.

USA should win tomorrow. Their high-octane offense will top timid Slovenia. England should topple Algeria, but it could be a 0-0 or 1-1 tie.

Germany should beat Serbia, but Serbia can hold them to a draw or even win and prove their loss to Ghana was a fluke. A win will be vital if they are to advance, though. Ghana should easily top Australia.

My thoughts on:
Greece-Nigeria
Nigeria had it, the game was theirs, and they lost it incredibly. They were favorite to advance as 2nd, but they failed.

MEXICO-France:
AY AY AY AY CANTA Y NO LLORES!!! Mexico beat the Champion, now they beat the sub-champion, Mexico can do anything when they propose themselves to do so. Their game was flawless, it was perfect. If Aguirre keeps playing with the same team, they will advance. Of course, as Juarez will miss next match, he might want to put Guardado in (that is, if they haven't got any problem between them), and if they use Chicharito, they will have a very fast team.

Its amazing they won, its crazy, its awesome :')
All the country's main streets were closed for people to celebrate :P

Groups Panorama
THis is what the teams need to do to advance:

Group A:
South Africa: They need a miracle. They need Mexico to lose, and they have to win, and the goals that Mexico loses by, and they win by should add up at least 6. If its 5, it will depend on the scores.
Mexico: They go in by winning or tying. If they win, they go first, if they tie, second. If they lose, they need that the sum of the goals they lose by, and RSA/Fra wins by are not bigger than 5.
Uruguay: Same as Mexico, but if they tie, they go 1st. And the goal difference needed for them to lose is 6.
France: Same as South Africa, but they need the sum of the goals to be 5 or more.

Group B:
Argentina: Is in by winning or tying. If they lose, and Nigeria wins, they are in. If they lose, and Korea wins, it will depend on the scores. Argentina has 6 points and a +3 difference, Korea and Greece have -1 difference and 3 points.
Korea: Is in if they win and Greece doesn't. Or if they tie and Greece loses, or if they lose by 1 goal and Greece loses by 2 or more.
Greece: Basically same as Korea
Nigeria: Practically out. They need to win, and Greece to lose.

Well, Greece should lose to Argentina, according to most people. Topping South Korea will be an interesting task for Nigeria, but I don't think they have it in them. They only qualified because Tunisia blew it on the final day.

Ugh, Germany sucked today. I can't believe they lost to Serbia and I think the ref has something against Germant. He literally gave everyone on the team a yellow card.

The U.S is really blowing it too, and against Slovenia!! So far it's 2-0 with Slovenia in the lead.

EDIT: Thank God that the U.S. tied with Slovenia. However, the referee was either a complete dumbass or smoking something for not counting the third goal the U.S. made. I mean, look at it again, it was perfect and the damn Slovenians were holding down the U.S. players which deserved a penalty kick after.

My thoughts on Germany-Serbia:
Germany gave an awgul match, full of mistakes, like Klose's red card, and Podolski missing th penalty. Serbia was definitely superior. Thr germans will need to get back to the level of game they showed against Australia.

My thoughts on USA-Slovenia after I see the game recap.

I was impressed with the American performance from about 38' on (excluding the goal at 42'). If it weren't for one shitty call, they'd have won. And did anyone else see the other shitty call (on Findley)?

I expected Serbia to play Germany well, but not this well, especially after their lackluster performance against Ghana.

England didn't put enough effort into today's match. Now they have to beat Slovenia to move on.

Ghana should beat Australia tomorrow, and the Netherlands should beat Japan. I'm unsure what to expect in Denmark-Cameroon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back