Am I the only one who hated Brawl?

Brawl had RED.

I didn't hate Brawl, but at the same time, I still considered it to be a bit of a disappointment.

For me, the only reasons Brawl was good because of RED, Ivysaur. Zenigame, and Lizardon.

Also Pikachu and Purin.

To explain brawl...

We were expecting a French Culinary pastry, and we got a McDonald's apple pie. Sure it was "good" but then you're dissatisfied and you feel like it's rushed.

I don't see how people hate Brawl when it's Melee and then some...

If they're the same thing, shouldn't you like both or hate both?

When it came to the characters, Brawl exceeded Melee in that department (for the most part). However, when it came to the actual stages, Melee was a lot better.

Yup, you're the only one.

Solar Man said:
I didn't hate Brawl, but at the same time, I still considered it to be a bit of a disappointment.
The hype leading up to the game led to the belief that Brawl would be the greatest game of the decade. There's no surprise why it would be a disappointment with those kind of expectations.

Brawl certainly was one of the best games ever when it came to music, and one of the best looking titles on the Wii. Tournament-goers will complain about how Melee was supposedly better on a competitive level, and nostalgic gamers will never look on it in the same light as the original, but for me, the main factor in deciding which is the best is the fact that Brawl has online capabilities. Online play is why people are still playing Brawl regularly.

Nope, my friend likes melee a lot better because he fails at grabbing smash balls, and because of that decides they're cheap. Although he says the same about other items, just because I use them when I have the chance like you're supposed to.

I myself like Brawl a lot better though. The only things melee has over it imo are Roy and Fourside.

Mijzelffan said:
Nope, my friend likes melee a lot better because he fails at grabbing smash balls, and because of that decides they're cheap. Although he says the same about other items, just because I use them when I have the chance like you're supposed to.

I myself like Brawl a lot better though. The only things melee has over it imo are Roy and Fourside.
Slap your friend in the face and tell him that there is an item-off switch. -_-

I don't know why all people complain that Melee is better than Brawl. I mean Brawl had some good stages (Spear Pillar and Distant Planet) and had a shitload of characters, but "nostalgic" gamers (or as I call them, "whiny babies") have their head too high up their own ass to realize how great of a game Brawl really easy. The same applies to Pokemon, saying that Gen I has the most creative designs or that nothing will ever beat it.

Fourside would've been a nice stage.

I thought Melee was better, honestly. Although I enjoyed Brawl a great deal, it got boring after a few weeks. Brawl just seems a lot better for multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing through Brawl, but I just liked Melee more. Online was also a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping for some kind of lobby for the "fight anyone" option. I never liked items, but the Smash Balls eliminated the purpose of fighing against people, unless your Final Smash is useless, or hits one person, you'll probably end up winning the match easy.

Brawl was worse because even if it was massive, it failed in the key part of the game: the gameplay. Horribly broken characters (Snake, MK), ultra-nerfed characters (Mario, Ganon...), over-floaty physics, random tripping... the game was just too unbalanced for me to enjoy it as much as Melee, which, even if it wasn´t completely balanced, was far more enjoyable.

I don´t exactly hate Brawl but it is worse than Melee because while it improved Melee in almost everything, it failed in the key aspect of a game: THE GAMEPLAY: Horribly broken characters, horribly nerfed characters, random tripping, slippery phisycs (you slip and/or fall on spots where you could perfectly stand in Melee) etc. I don´t mind the floatyness though: I understood that this would have a different gameplay than Melee. It´s just that the gameplay is unpolished and unbalanced.

It´s simply worse.

Also, the fact that they got ultra-lazy with the break the targets stages (only FIVE for everyone? There should have been one per character like in Melee and 64!!) and several other minor mistakes, makes me like Melee better.

Brawl gives me a feeling as if Nintendo wanted to make this game great by simply adding TONS of stuff to it (music, collectibles, etc) but not because they actually cared for the gameplay.

Back