Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Rosalina

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Ashley

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Mona

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
Well she doesn't really have anyone to flirt with, seeing as Luigi and Mario are taken.

Marioguy1 said:
:bowser:?

P.S. Nintendo won't include anything more flirt-related than a kiss on the cheek in their games :P

Well, Nintendo does tend to be child-friendly after all.

I picked toadette.

First, Peach is too air-headed for me. Second, Daisy voice is sooooooo annoying, especially in Mario Party 8, MKDD and Mario Party DS (the last one is the worst).

Rosalina is pretty cool, but I just prefer toadette to her...i'm not sure why.

Oaktown Mojo said:
Same. Rosalina is a breath of fresh air when compared to Peach and Daisy, though.

Oh, without a doubt. She can actually do something other than be kidnapped.

And, if I'm not mistaken, but has Rosalina been in more Mario games than Daisy (not counting Kart, Party, or sport games) ?

Yep. Daisy's only been in one mainstream Mario game so far, while Rosalina was in two.

Krazy Monkey said:
Yep. Daisy's only been in one mainstream Mario game so far, while Rosalina was in two.
I like Rosalina better than Peach and Daisy because:
a) She is not a stereotypical like Peach and Daisy.
b) She has a backstory and personality that isn't made up in a game manual like Daisy "the tomboy".
c) She rules over the whole universe rather than just Sarasaland or Mushroom Kingdom.
d) She is filled with mystery and although she has a backstory, there are still many things you don't know about her.
e) She appears in mainstream games unlike Daisy
f) She has a role in mainstream games unlike Peach

However, I must make an exception to Peach: I do like her in the Paper Mario series. She is much less "damsel in distress" in Paper Mario.

Villain11 said:
Not a stereotypical princess, but that doesn't make her some kind of super original work of art like people say she is.

Villain11 said:
b) She has a backstory and personality that isn't made up in a game manual like Daisy "the tomboy".
Characters don't need backstory to be interesting or enjoyable, just look at the hoards of Luigi and Yoshi fanboys.

Villain11 said:
c) She rules over the whole universe rather than just Sarasaland or Mushroom Kingdom.
Um... OK. Since the more power a character has, the more interesting they are! To you, I guess.

Villain11 said:
d) She is filled with mystery and although she has a backstory, there are still many things you don't know about her.
Lot more we don't know about Peach, the only difference is that you're not attracted to Peach so you don't care.

Villain11 said:
Daisy appeared in a mainstream game.
Just like Rosalina.

Villain11 said:
What role does Rosalina play? She helps Mario get around in space. Which he could have done by himself once he got a couple power-ups. So basically, just an extra step and a useless side story. On the other hand, Peach being kidnapped is what causes the entire game. Every game. Peach, Bowser and Mario play equally large roles in ever game. Rosalina just sat on the sidelines and created the illusion of usefulness.

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Not a stereotypical princess, but that doesn't make her some kind of super original work of art like people say she is.
She's more of a stereotypical queen (cares about her subjects vastly and is graceful/powerful)

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Characters don't need backstory to be interesting or enjoyable, just look at the hoards of Luigi and Yoshi fanboys.
Personality...eh, Rosalina "the caring mother" - expansion plz?

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Um... OK. Since the more power a character has, the more interesting they are! To you, I guess.
I think Rosalina just eminates more of a sense of power, not necessarily that she has that much power...

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Lot more we don't know about Peach, the only difference is that you're not attracted to Peach so you don't care.

Eh, Peach and Rosalina both have horibly developped personalities.
Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Just like Rosalina.
Rosalina appeared in multiple.

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
What role does Rosalina play? She helps Mario get around in space. Which he could have done by himself once he got a couple power-ups. So basically, just an extra step and a useless side story. On the other hand, Peach being kidnapped is what causes the entire game. Every game. Peach, Bowser and Mario play equally large roles in ever game. Rosalina just sat on the sidelines and created the illusion of usefulness.
[/quote]
Perperperper

Marioguy1 said:
Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
She's more of a stereotypical queen (cares about her subjects vastly and is graceful/powerful)

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Personality...eh, Rosalina "the caring mother" - expansion plz?

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
I think Rosalina just eminates more of a sense of power, not necessarily that she has that much power...

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:

Eh, Peach and Rosalina both have horibly developped personalities.
Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Just like Rosalina.
Rosalina appeared in multiple.

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
Perperperper
[/quote]

Well Uniju hates me and Marioguy1 always finds a reason to disagree with me so I don't really care. Those are my reasons.

a) A stereotypical queen is not "mother of the stars" like Rosalina is.
b) What I said was that her personality was nicely worked into a game rather than just randomly being put in a manual. There is not even a hint as to Daisy being a tomboy in any games.
c) Are you serious? She is the ruler of the stars! Peach is just the ruler of the Toads.
d) Peach has been in countless games and there hasn't been much mention of her backstory. Rosalina's backstory was revealed in the first game she was in, yet there is still some mystery. And it's not that I am "attracted" to Rosalina or that I don't care about Peach. I like Rosalina better and am stating my reasons.
e) Daisy appeared in one. Not even in a series.
f) Rosalina owned the Comet Observatory which allowed Mario to go from galaxy to galaxy. Also, she is mother to the Lumas that re the Launch stars which Mario also needed.

*sigh* I don't disagree with everything you say, you just assume the worst about people.

Anyways, to live up to me reputation:

a) A stereotypical queen is mother of her people, Rosalina's people are the stars.
b) Pretty much everything she says it annoying and outgoing.
c) Are you serious? Peach is the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom! Rosalina's just the ruler of lumas...it works two ways dude.
d) Peach doesn't need a backstory, she has enough of her life revealed in the games themselves.
e) Because Super Mario Land is in such a different series from Super Mario Galaxy
f) She owned the Comet Observitory which helped Mario reach galaxies and she was mother of the Lumas which helped Mario along.

Villain11 said:
Well Uniju hates me and Marioguy1 always finds a reason to disagree with me so I don't really care. Those are my reasons.
I'm not disagreeing with you because I hate you, I hate you because I disagree with you so often.

Villain11 said:
That isn't really my point. I guess it was someone else's point. My point is; really, what are Rosalina's motives? "She's the mother of the stars, so she loves them and protects them!". Which is a perfectly fine motive and she's a really nice person, but it doesn't make for a deep character like people seem to imply that it does. In fact, it makes for a pretty shallow and stereotypical character. Even if it's something exhibited in real life often, that doesn't mean it's automatically not unoriginal when you use it in a work of fiction.

Villain11 said:
b) What I said was that her personality was nicely worked into a game rather than just randomly being put in a manual. There is not even a hint as to Daisy being a tomboy in any games.
When did anyone ever say Daisy was a tomboy, anyway? You keep talking about a manual, but I kind of thought it was just something the fans made up. Anyway, you shouldn't believe everything you read in the manual. The people who write them know that no one is going to read them, anyway.

Villain11 said:
d) Peach has been in countless games and there hasn't been much mention of her backstory. Rosalina's backstory was revealed in the first game she was in, yet there is still some mystery. And it's not that I am "attracted" to Rosalina or that I don't care about Peach. I like Rosalina better and am stating my reasons.
What mystery? Everything is either directly stated or heavily implied. The only sort of mystery I can imagine in Rosalina's backstory is things that don't actually matter to the story.

Villain11 said:
f) Rosalina owned the Comet Observatory which allowed Mario to go from galaxy to galaxy. Also, she is mother to the Lumas that re the Launch stars which Mario also needed.
Mario could have gotten around some other way. It's not like it's his first time in space- and think of all the power-ups from other games that he could have used.

Marioguy1 said:
*sigh* I don't disagree with everything you say, you just assume the worst about people.

Anyways, to live up to me reputation:

a) A stereotypical queen is mother of her people, Rosalina's people are the stars.
b) Pretty much everything she says it annoying and outgoing.
c) Are you serious? Peach is the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom! Rosalina's just the ruler of lumas...it works two ways dude.
d) Peach doesn't need a backstory, she has enough of her life revealed in the games themselves.
e) Because Super Mario Land is in such a different series from Super Mario Galaxy
f) She owned the Comet Observitory which helped Mario reach galaxies and she was mother of the Lumas which helped Mario along.
I will respond once again.
a) The stars and Toads are completely different.
b) That's not my point. My point is that her personality is worked into the unlike Daisy's.
c) No it doesn't
d) All that I know about Peach is that she is a air-headed princess who has Toads as servants and gets kidnapped all of the time.
e) That has no relevance.
f) I'm confused. All you did was change what I said a little and bolded Lumas and Comet Observatory. (which you spelled wrong)

And yes, you do disagree with almost everything I say.

Uniju said:
Villain11 said:
I'm not disagreeing with you because I hate you, I hate you because I disagree with you so often.

Villain11 said:
That isn't really my point. I guess it was someone else's point. My point is; really, what are Rosalina's motives? "She's the mother of the stars, so she loves them and protects them!". Which is a perfectly fine motive and she's a really nice person, but it doesn't make for a deep character like people seem to imply that it does. In fact, it makes for a pretty shallow and stereotypical character. Even if it's something exhibited in real life often, that doesn't mean it's automatically not unoriginal when you use it in a work of fiction.

Villain11 said:
When did anyone ever say Daisy was a tomboy, anyway? You keep talking about a manual, but I kind of thought it was just something the fans made up. Anyway, you shouldn't believe everything you read in the manual. The people who write them know that no one is going to read them, anyway.

Villain11 said:
What mystery? Everything is either directly stated or heavily implied. The only sort of mystery I can imagine in Rosalina's backstory is things that don't actually matter to the story.

Villain11 said:
Mario could have gotten around some other way. It's not like it's his first time in space- and think of all the power-ups from other games that he could have used.
Okay.

And I already explained everything else you responded to.

And, as you are challenging my view, I will respond back and, yes, disect everything you say.

a) OK...
b) Very well, I agree with you on this, Rosalina's personality is more out there.
c) Yes it does, Stars is more impressive than Lumas, Mushroom Kingdom is more impressive than Toads.
d) Well then you have obviously not seen Super Paper Mario, Super Princess Peach or the TV series.
e) You said Daisy's game had no series, I could return saying Super Mario Galaxy has no series because they are in the same series.
f) Sorry about that! Anyways, I bolded (and underlined) them to symbolize that Rosalina did neither of those: the Comet Observatory and Lumas did that.

And I disagree with everything you say because it is not what I think should be. I agree Rosalina's better, but (IMO) it's because she is less known, I always go for the underappreciated person.

Marioguy1 said:
And, as you are challenging my view, I will respond back and, yes, disect everything you say.

a) OK...
b) Very well, I agree with you on this, Rosalina's personality is more out there.
c) Yes it does, Stars is more impressive than Lumas, Mushroom Kingdom is more impressive than Toads.
d) Well then you have obviously not seen Super Paper Mario, Super Princess Peach or the TV series.
e) You said Daisy's game had no series, I could return saying Super Mario Galaxy has no series because they are in the same series.
f) Sorry about that! Anyways, I bolded (and underlined) them to symbolize that Rosalina did neither of those: the Comet Observatory and Lumas did that.

And I disagree with everything you say because it is not what I think should be. I agree Rosalina's better, but (IMO) it's because she is less known, I always go for the underappreciated person.
Okay a and b are resolved....

c) Stars and Lumas are on a much greater scale than the Mushroom Kingdom and Toads
d) Yes, I have never palyed SPP, but Paper Mario is a completely different series.
e) I never said that Daisy's game had no series. And that doesn't make sense.
f) She raised the Lumas! That is majorly important. That's like saying Merlon isn't important in Paper Mario.

a) That's a matter of opinion
b) Peach is the hero of SPP and one of the heroes in SPM, she is not always kidnapped
c)
[quote author=Villain11]
[/quote]
You said that...and I have a feeling you are classifying Super Mario Galaxy as a series, I'm calling it part of the Mario series as it is on the wiki. So no, Daisy's game does not have a sequel (that she appears in) but yes, it is in a series.
d) So is Peach getting kidnapped, it puts in place the entire motive of the game!

Marioguy1 said:
a) That's a matter of opinion
b) Peach is the hero of SPP and one of the heroes in SPM, she is not always kidnapped
c)
[quote author=Villain11]
You said that...and I have a feeling you are classifying Super Mario Galaxy as a series, I'm calling it part of the Mario series as it is on the wiki. So no, Daisy's game does not have a sequel (that she appears in) but yes, it is in a series.
d) So is Peach getting kidnapped, it puts in place the entire motive of the game!
[/quote]
Let me ask you a question. Who is your favorite female character?

Back