The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Peridot said:
DragonFreak said:
Actually, I'm sorry to say that I'm leaving forever.

I will miss you all so much. Especially Edo and Mason.

...why?
i was wondering the same thing

Javelin said:
Peridot said:
DragonFreak said:

...why?
i was wondering the same thing

And me

It's extremely sudden.

Peridot said:
DragonFreak said:

...why?
You of all people are asking that question.

Good Cop and Bad Cop said:
Peridot said:
DragonFreak said:

...why?

Yes. A very close friend of mine writes a hasty message declaring she is leaving forever without explanation, and I want to know why because I am worried. Is this concept hard to grasp for you or something?

Peridot said:
Peridot said:
DragonFreak said:

...why?

Yes. A very close friend of mine writes a hasty message declaring she is leaving forever without explanation, and I want to know why because I am worried. Is this concept hard to grasp for you or something?
You sure seemed to know why in the Ask DF thread. I also think, no offense, you're trying to make things more exciting than they really are. Maybe she just doesn't like this place anymore.

Stop.

All we have is speculation, we don't have anything for sure on why she left, but a good chunk of us have a general idea of why she did. She was a friend of just about all of us and a very well-liked and well-loved member of this community. Of course we're going to miss her, of course we're going to react the way we are when she leaves suddenly without no public explanation. That's what friends do. Stop over-analyzing it.

It's always sad to see frequent posters leave. Even if I never interacted with you all that much, you were always a nice poster with a great attitude, and I second everybody's sentiments. Stay safe.

See you cowgirl, someday, somewhere.

Peridot said:
Peridot said:
DragonFreak said:

...why?

You sure seemed to know why in the Ask DF thread. I also think, no offense, you're trying to make things more exciting than they really are. Maybe she just doesn't like this place anymore.
I have a reputation of being a calm user, but all I can say to you is to shut up. A close friend of mine could be DEAD and you do THIS. And if you would actually see the facts then you could tell that something truly dire has likely happened to one of my closest friends here.

Lumastar, please calm down about this. I know a lot of us are thinking worse-case scenario, but that doesn't mean that is the case. I'm sure that if it was personal matter that it'll fly over in a week or so. If it's because of users here, and he's mad at us, he's not someone that would leave very long since he doesn't get that fueled by anger. If it's internet problems, then hopefully the connection will be better for him.

I don't think he would do anything drastic. I don't want to speculate, but I think that we wait this out a bit and continue trying to reach him so that we at least know he's okay before going overboard.

It is very hard though. I talk with him every day on Facebook and the last thing I said to him made him irritated and he didn't speak to me for a week, and then he suddenly leaves when I try to see if he's okay. I really don't want to jump to conclusions. I just hope everything's okay, even if he's mad at me. I just really hope I'm not a reason he left, but I doubt he would delete his Facebook if that was the case. Anyways, I just hope someone makes contact with him.

Between some stuff I have going on in my life and this, I think I'm going to take a break from the forum for a while. I'll still be around, just not active.

Lapis Lazuli said:
Lumastar, please calm down about this. I know a lot of us are thinking worse-case scenario, but that doesn't mean that is the case. I'm sure that if it was personal matter that it'll fly over in a week or so. If it's because of users here, and she's mad at us, she's not someone that would leave very long since she doesn't get that fueled by anger. If it's internet problems, then hopefully the connection will be better for himher.

I don't think she would do anything drastic. I don't want to speculate, but I think that we wait this out a bit and continue trying to reach himher so that we at least know she's okay before going overboard.

It is very hard though. I talk with himher every day on Facebook and the last thing I said to himher made himher irritated and she didn't speak to me for a week, and then she suddenly leaves when I try to see if she's okay. I really don't want to jump to conclusions. I just hope everything's okay, even if she's mad at me. I just really hope I'm not a reason she left, but I doubt she would delete hisher Facebook if that was the case. Anyways, I just hope someone makes contact with himHER.
i'd like to think this is unintentional, so can you please pay attention to which pronouns you use until you get used to using the correct ones

BMB explained in another thread that he's used to referring to DF as a he, and that she never minded being referred to as such.

df said that almost certainly because she doesn't like to cause problems, whether or not it actually will cause a problem or not

it's best to use female pronouns because she's female, and if she told you that it's ok to keep misgendering her I do not doubt that she said it solely to prevent conflict

either way I hope df is safe and when the time comes for her to come back that she is alright and knows she's loved by many people here

Derpl Zork said:
df said that almost certainly because she doesn't like to cause problems, whether or not it actually will cause a problem or not

it's best to use female pronouns because she's female, and if she told you that it's ok to keep misgendering her I do not doubt that she said it solely to prevent conflict

either way I hope df is safe and when the time comes for her to come back that she is alright and knows she's loved by many people here
Agreed.

Derpl Zork said:

Definitely.

Magikrazy said:
BMB explained in another thread that he's used to referring to DF as a he, and that she never minded being referred to as such.
Your personal comfort is irrelevant when it comes to a transperson's preferred gender. It's BMB's duty, as a friend of DF, to refer to her by the pronouns she wishes to be referred as; in this case, she wants to be seen as a woman, so BMB should refer to her as "she" and "her". I don't care if DF tries to excuse it, BMB should know better if he intends to be a trans ally.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Magikrazy said:
Your personal comfort is irrelevant when it comes to a transperson's preferred gender. It's BMB's duty, as a friend of DF, to refer to her by the pronouns she wishes to be referred as; in this case, she wants to be seen as a woman, so BMB should refer to her as "she" and "her". I don't care if DF tries to excuse it, BMB should know better if he intends to be a trans ally.

Removing in case it was a bit rough

I understand what you're getting at, and I didn't know that DF was just being nice, and I will try to be more correct about the proper gender terms, but I don't want one situation to being equal to me not knowing correct gender terms for trans people or seem like I was doing it to annoy my friend, which I would never do (at least on purpose).

hmm.... coming back brought me this into chat, which is very depressing, but instead of freaking out think ill just pray for df in the mean time.

It also blows that people are arguing about the whole trans ordeal rather than wishing the best for df, but maybe thats just me.

Regardless i still think df will come back when df feels that its okay/safe/etc. to come back.

Will be a bit empty without df, but i can only hope for the best.

Back