Manaphy: Where?

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
After seeing the smashbros dojo update that included Manaphy, I thought it was such a cool idea to have a Pokemon like that (i.e. characters being switched).

And that was about 3 years ago. To this day, I have never encountered Manaphy while playing Brawl. I'm pretty sure they aren't rare or anything (i.e. Mew and Celebi only appear very rarely). Has anybody else ever seen Manaphy? Or is it just my game that it doesn't appear?

Kinniku Man said:
After seeing the smashbros dojo update that included Manaphy, I thought it was such a cool idea to have a Pokemon like that (i.e. characters being switched).

And that was about 3 years ago. To this day, I have never encountered Manaphy while playing Brawl. I'm pretty sure they aren't rare or anything (i.e. Mew and Celebi only appear very rarely). Has anybody else ever seen Manaphy? Or is it just my game that it doesn't appear?

I don't recall encountering a Pokemon with such abilities that you described. Then again, I haven't played the game in a while.

Fuck. I've never seen that Manaphy either.
It sounds awesome, too...

Dang. At least it's good to know that I'm not the only one that hasn't encountered it. Maybe I should send an email to whoever and ask about this. (I feel like I've been ripped off :eek:)

The User Formerly Known as Lario said:
I'm sure I've seen it three times although I don't play Brawl often.
Correction: Two times.

I was thinking of Jirachi or however you spell it...

Uniju said:
*bleep*. I've never seen that Manaphy either.

As said in the Smash Dojo, Manaphy switches the characters around but it's not really that good, first of all it is sort of confusing at first, and then what happen if you switch back to normal while the character's body is flying off screen, it's not that full-proof

Zero of the Rebellion said:
Uniju said:
*bleep*. I've never seen that Manaphy either.

As said in the Smash Dojo, Manaphy switches the characters around but it's not really that good, first of all it is sort of confusing at first, and then what happen if you switch back to normal while the character's body is flying off screen, it's not that full-proof
Ahaha I now have a new strategy... Jump off of the stage at the last second so that my opponent switches before I die. :evilgrin:

the easiest way to do this is to play stock with 99 lives against CPU level 1 foes, then just crank the items to very high and just have pokeballs.

Doing this, I was able to see 2 mews, 1 Celebi, and 4 Manaphy's in one go.

I get Jirachi about once a month or so....

Rosalina Spalko said:
the easiest way to do this is to play stock with 99 lives against CPU level 1 foes, then just crank the items to very high and just have pokeballs.

Doing this, I was able to see 2 mews, 1 Celebi, and 4 Manaphy's in one go.

I get Jirachi about once a month or so....
Oh gosh, why didn't I think of that? :-[

Are you kidding? Manaphy is like the most common rare Pokemon for me. I never see Celebi, and when she appears, the trophies always fall off the stage. :'(

Manaphy is supposed to be a rare Pokémon, like Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi. I never encountered Manaphy, but I have encountered Celebi just a few days after getting the game

I got Brawl a few months after it came out and I still have NEVER encountered Manaphy.

I've seen Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi, but no Manaphy.

Maybe I never see Manaphy because I never turn the Pokeballs on (mainly because crap Pokemon that don't help me such as Munchlax, Goldeen, Gardevoir, Chansey, and Bonsly come out 1 out of every 3 Pokeballs).

Or the rarest. It's the Pokemon I've never met.

Not that I want to meet one, anyway.

Back