ChaosNinji said:
Smiddle said:
ChaosNinji said:
SPM.

Spoiler
MARIO DIES! How evil is that?!
End Spoiler

Spoiler
Mario dies in a lot of games, it depends of the player.

Spoiler
But in this, he actually dies in the storyline. Other games, he just "lives" through the storyline.
End Spoiler

Eh, Mario going to Hell isn't really that bad. But I wonder: even though he was such a "good player", he gets sent to the Underwhere. Why didn't he get sent to the Overthere?

3dejong said:
ChaosNinji said:
Smiddle said:
ChaosNinji said:
SPM.

Spoiler
End Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
But in this, he actually dies in the storyline. Other games, he just "lives" through the storyline.
End Spoiler

Eh, Mario going to Hell isn't really that bad. But I wonder: even though he was such a "good player", he gets sent to the Underwhere. Why didn't he get sent to the Overthere?

Hell?
Is Mario a christian?

3dejong said:
ChaosNinji said:
Smiddle said:
ChaosNinji said:
SPM.

Spoiler
End Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
End Spoiler

he don't died, he was send by dimentio

teh tousand yeer door

Thousand Year Door: A world of shadows. A 1,000 year old DEMON :)o). Cursed creatures sealed away in chests by the darkness. The bell in the town of moonlight, turning the dark citizens into dirty pigs. Ghosts stealing your identedy and you being a purple shadow. A wife dying and dying forever and ever-no 1-ups-this is serious death. A skeleton inside a grotto...and the QUEEN OF DARKNESS :)o) posseing a princess and turning her againts you. Oh my.

Super Mario RPG: Let me play the game, then I'll tell you. Heeh, sorry.

Super Paper Mario: All the worlds-every living thing-being destroyed by a giant, hole of darkness. Two loved ones being broken apart. A guy, who lost all his love, goes evil and plans on killing all. The Mario version of "Hell" being discovered, with evil and good fighting at heaven in a battle of cries. The Koopa Army and Luigi being brainwahsed by evil sources. A marriage between good and evil. A kingdom being destroyed a hole of death. And lizards that watch anime...oh wait never mind about that one.

Partners in Time: Toads getting the blood (vim) sucked out of them, a Toad loosing his memory, a giant pink monster with a green belly (OMG, BARNEY) eating every Yoshi in sight (the Yoshis end up still being a live), the whole kingdom being burned down to bits and being destroyed, a princess and Koopa being eaten by a giant plant with a red head (and they both turn out to be alive), a princess getting a giant purple thing on her head and then it turns out that she's not the princess you love but the princess you hate (very clever), and then a beatiful pink castle being turned into a twilight purple castle...OF DOOM!

And you didn't put Superstar Saga on the list? Ah. Thats ok. Sniff. It was kinda dark with the possesed theme and the stealing a voice and the...yeah, whatever.

So in the end I say: Definatly Thousand Year Door. Or Super Paper Mario. I don't think Partners in Time much...

OH MY GOD! PAPER JORGE MADE A POST! THIS IS A MOMENTOUS OCCASION!

CALL A MARCHING BAND! CALL A PIZZA! CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!

Yeah, anyway, I personally think that either SPM or TTYD had the darkest themes. If the antagonists WANT to destroy the world, it increases the "Dark" factor.

I'd say PiT. I came till Swiggler before exchanging. Poor Toads :cry: .

Maybe I've voted wrong. I can't decide whether PiT or SPM is darker.

SPM. Destroy all worlds, the Underwhere, Bowser seemingly dying, almost all of Chapter 4, Tippi and Blumiere relationship, etc.

Yeah, all what happened to Luigi, Luvbi, Sammer's Kingdom and Timpani and Blumiere.
Luigi is just a poor guy in this game, Luvbi had to give up her life to become a pure heart, the Sammer Kingdom and all Sammer Guys are destroyed...
This game is just sad and dark :cry: .
And I voted for PiT... >.<

The term "darkest" is merely subjective. It is up to one's own opinion to decide which game has a darker theme.
But, I'm usually very pessimistic, so ignore the above. I voted for SPM. :/

The term "darkest" is merely subjective. It is up to one's own opinion to decide which game has a darker theme.
But, I'm usually very pessimistic, so ignore the above. I voted for SPM. :/

Super Paper Mario is the darkest. No questions asked. Why?
~WARNING WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD! SPOILERS AGEAD!~

Alright. TTYD is dark, it has a dark moments. But, it isn't fully dark.

Because, first off, in the Underwhere (in Super Paper Mario) which did I mention is a actual hell. But that's not it, the river the guy in the boat that rows you across is water filled with the "tears of sinners" and, even darker it's a actual thing in hell called "The River of Styx" that you have to take a boat to get across. And it's utterly terrifying that the hands in the water try to drag and kill you, are just like the people in the River of Styx who try to do the same thing. And the fact that Super Paper Mario did that, is dark.

Then there's Mimi, who is mentioned to be a failed Pixi, and she does a very realistic noise of her neck snapping, her eyes bulging, then legs sprouting out of her.

Then there's Dimentio, who blood thirsty for power, and will kill and watch the suffering of others for his sadistic pleasure. He has no human emotions, he feels excitement and happiness if someone dies, and even took great pleasure brainwashing Luigi, and making him a mindless robot, trying to make him fight against his will to kill his own brother, Mario.

Then there's the worlds being destroyed, and being wiped into nothing. You saw it. The world was gone, it was empty, the existence of anything being there is gone. And to know that's happening to all the other worlds. And what's even worse is, none of the people in the broken world appeared in the after life. They were gone to existence.

Then there's Count Bleck, who, wanted to destroy the Worlds, and others happiness because his love died. Which is really sad, btw. But since of this, he is depressed, and thinks no one else should deserve to live because of his loss, so he attempts to destroy all creatures, and worlds, because he lost his beloved, and because he feels so sad and empty.

Dark. That is really dark.

~END OF SPOILERS~

That's why Super Paper Mario is by far darker.

Back