The last thing you bought

A 4-pack of Monsters.

Lego Marvel Superheroes Super Pack Edition

Well technically I got my dad to order it for me but still. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Hot chocolate. Yummy.

I just pre-ordered Senran Kagura Burst, I kind of didn't care but it popped up on reddit and all boob jokes aside, the game looks pretty fun.

It's pretty neat that PAL gets a non-eshop copy, but that will be awkward if my parents see it, hah.

Crackin355 said:
I just pre-ordered Senran Kagura Burst, I kind of didn't care but it popped up on reddit and all boob jokes aside, the game looks pretty fun.

It's pretty neat that PAL gets a non-eshop copy, but that will be awkward if my parents see it, hah.

The game version is actually pretty good, unlike the anime.

I hear completing all missions can take somewhere between 30-40 hours or something, as im still playing a bit though.

It's fun to see how each character fights.

Crackin355 said:

Woohoo, that makes three people in this community that have/will have it (I think). It plays really well.

I bought Pokemon Red. I could just emulate it but that game boy experience is what I'm after. Going to get a transfer pak eventually too so I can put 'mons onto Pokemon Stadium. Whenever I decide to get Blue I'll have a mankey on Pokemon Stadium to trade over for my team. I might even try for a full pokedex.

Mario4Ever said:
Crackin355 said:

Woohoo, that makes three people in this community that have/will have it (I think). It plays really well.

I'm looking forward to it, the last few games I've played to completion were long JRPG's so it'll be nice to have something I can play in small bursts.

I bought Pokemon Red. I could just emulate it but that game boy experience is what I'm after. Going to get a transfer pak eventually too so I can put 'mons onto Pokemon Stadium. Whenever I decide to get Blue I'll have a mankey on Pokemon Stadium to trade over for my team. I might even try for a full pokedex.

not sure what you're expecting from a game boy experience but lol

although id be surprised if people used to playing the new gen games could ever go back to the old games and like them.

Fighter Zae said:

not sure what you're expecting from a game boy experience but lol

although id be surprised if people used to playing the new gen games could ever go back to the old games and like them.
game boy experience = playing it on a gameboy rather than with a keyboard + emulator. I hate playing a game without using the original control scheme, otherwise it just seems off and less enjoyable. Plus, I love using my game boy colour.

I went back and played Pokemon Yellow a few months ago and enjoyed it more than I did Y. It was the first pokemon game I had to make myself finish, After the 7th gym I skipped anything that was optional and made a dash for the E4 just so I could say I beat it and be done with it. Anything from Gen I-V; enjoyable, Gen VI; not so much.

game boy experience = playing it on a gameboy rather than with a keyboard + emulator. I hate playing a game without using the original control scheme, otherwise it just seems off and less enjoyable. Plus, I love using my game boy colour.

i never got that logic really as i have an adapter for my gcn/ps2 controllers and i stick with that.

Plus bigger screen on emulation and thats one of the other things i liked about the gameboy player or whatever it was.

bigger screen.

Although now im kinda used to smaller screens now since i have a 3ds but then it bothered me a lot and it took awhile for me to adjust to the 3ds.

But hey, that's just me.

Fighter Zae said:

i never got that logic really as i have an adapter for my gcn/ps2 controllers and i stick with that.

Plus bigger screen on emulation and thats one of the other things i liked about the gameboy player or whatever it was.

bigger screen.

Although now im kinda used to smaller screens now since i have a 3ds but then it bothered me a lot and it took awhile for me to adjust to the 3ds.

But hey, that's just me.

I don't emulate anything but GB/GBA games, because everything else doesn't run smoothly. I don't like the bigger screen because it often blurs when it's upsized and I'd prefer a smaller, sharper image. I can run NES/SNES games but I honestly don't like any of the games on those systems so I never do.

Plus, ->I<- like using my game boy colour. This is all personal preference, I like playing games on their original system rather than on my laptop even if it costs me money. I get your logic, it's cheaper and more efficient to just download an emulator and ROM for old games but I don't like doing that unless it's necessary.

Playing them using an emulator just makes them less enjoyable, it diminishes the fun I have. I feel like I'm playing out of necessity rather than for enjoyment.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Black Holes and Revelations by Muse

Back