The worst video game ever?

Easmo said:
Ugozima's Slave said:
Don't forget the almost all the recent ones sucked. :P
Not trying to start a fanboy war but Sonic 06, and maybe if we count shadow the hedgehog and secret rings as sucky games... that´s 3 "bad" games. That´s not what you could call "almost all of them". Sure there are controversial opinions about some games with new formulas like unleashed and black knight (I myself don´t like the "keep the boost button pressed until a QTE pops up" gameplay style of unleashed in the 360 version) but it´s like when people argue about how they like or dislike a certain entry of the mario kart games, to name an example... you can prefer MKWii´s frenetic races and item ratio or the more skill oriented 2-d MK games but they are all good. Except that the Sonic fanbase argues about every little aspect, and the fact that there are a lot of people biased against Sonic doesn´t help either.
'K, I don't even play Sonic games, I just know some big fans (e.g Uniju and some others) think the new games suck. :P

Despite what people say, I like Pac-Man on the Atari 2600.

Zelda II was horrible, they should have never made it like a side-scroller.

The Mario Party series in general are pretty bad games, too.

Audacity of Dope said:
Zelda 2 was sorta lame, but sidescrolling Zelda games are not necessarily bad. The 2D parts of Link's Awakening kicked ass.

Herr Shyguy said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zelda 2 was sorta lame, but sidescrolling Zelda games are not necessarily bad.
I think the only good parts of Zelda II were "I AM ERROR" and how cool looking the bosses are. Other than that, it's pretty annoying. :P

Superman 64
Bible Adventures
E.T. The Extraterrestrial

/thread

AIRCARS

Seanbaby's review:

To keep an evil organization from taking over the world, your spies have stolen the secret plans for a nuclear AIRCAR. I think there was a mixup, though; and instead of stealing the plans for a supercar from a top secret agency, it looks like they stole the plans for a bathtub from a top secret waste basket.

The game is especially challenging since your top secret AIRCAR turns around slower than a team of Amish pilots steering a barn, and you usually don't get a chance to see an enemy tank before it's laser gun has had its way with your ass. Also, AIRCARS don't have brakes, so once you start accelerating, your only chance of survival is quickly putting in a different game. A typical AIRCARS adventure is you careening out of control through trees and waiting for your clumsy rolling bathtub to explode. If you are lucky enough to get an enemy tank in your sights, chances are you won't be able to stop before most of that tank has crashed through your windshield and landed on your lap. It's not much of a game, but maybe stuntment could one day use it as a virtual falling-down-the-stairs simulator.

(image)
That gray thing is either highly realistic smoke or the enemy tank had gray boulders for lunch and I shot the part of it that lets it keep control of its bowels.

Graphics: 0/10
It might surprise you that in a game this finely-tuned and complex, the graphics are quite bad. I think that a good portion of the seven or eight hours it took to make AIRCARS was spent devising that whole plot about stealing secret tank plans.

Fun: 1/10
If you're lucky enough to injure an enemy AIRCAR, the game tries to make it look hurt by having it leak a trail of smoke. At least I think it's supposed to be smoke. Thanks to the Atari Jaguar's amazing graphic capabilities and the amazing mental disabilities of the AIRCARS staff, half-destroyed tanks leak out a trail of giant gray balls. So don't be alarmed if you're playing the game and the evil government's tanks start laying eggs.

State-of-the-Art 3D Realism: 0/10
A lot of 3D games have been called "breath-taking and immersive" or more faggily, "a vast virtual wonderland." If you went back in time and killed all the people necessary to keep every single one of those games from ever existing, your lowered standards would still consider AIRCARS unbelievably shitty.

Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers
Was the game that bad? I don't have it, but I have the prequel and it wasn't that horrible.

Also, Bus Simulator 2008.

The game is HORRIBLE, they threw in a bunch of random characters, the minigames suck, adventure mode was more of a puzzle/adventure game with very little baseball games in it, and the controlling, it is so easy to mistakenly make a curve ball or accidently press a button that you can't tell the difference between pro or beginner. My reasons are, they didn't put Rosalina nor Dry Bowser in it and there's no Wi-Fi.

Zero777 said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers
Was the game that bad? I don't have it, but I have the prequel and it wasn't that horrible.

Also, Bus Simulator 2008.

The game is HORRIBLE, they threw in a bunch of random characters, the minigames suck, adventure mode was more of a puzzle/adventure game with very little baseball games in it, and the controlling, it is so easy to mistakenly make a curve ball or accidently press a button that you can't tell the difference between pro or beginner. My reasons are, they didn't put Rosalina nor Dry Bowser in it and there's no Wi-Fi.
...All the things you mentioned also happened in the prequel...

Waluigi said:
Zero777 said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers
Yeah, and that's (Mario Superstar Baseball) not bad either.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Waluigi said:
Zero777 said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers

Well yes, but the main point of why MSS was horrible is because you can't really be a pro on this game and you can't tell the difference from a pro or a n00b

Zero777 said:
Waluigi said:
Zero777 said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers
Well yes, but the main point of why MSS was horrible is because you can't really be a pro on this game and you can't tell the difference from a pro or a n00b
Exactly at what point do you consider someone to be a "pro"? :smug:

Zero777 said:
Waluigi said:
Zero777 said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers

Eactly, it's impossible to be pro because the game is so freakin easy, you can just twitch the Wiimote for the whole baseball game and there's still a high chance you may win.

Zero777 said:
Zero777 said:
Waluigi said:
Zero777 said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers
Eactly, it's impossible to be pro because the game is so freakin easy, you can just twitch the Wiimote for the whole baseball game and there's still a high chance you may win.
Try playing all the baseball parts with the sideways wiimote mode, it's more challenging that way. You need to play ever single thing, every single way before you decide a game sucks. :P

Zero777 said:
Zero777 said:
Waluigi said:
Zero777 said:
Audacity of Dope said:
Zero777 said:
Mario Super Sluggers
Try playing all the baseball parts with the sideways wiimote mode, it's more challenging that way. You need to play ever single thing, every single way before you decide a game sucks. :P

I did, the unlockables are easy, some stadiums gimmicks are useless, mini-games are remakes of the old ones or they suck, and the adventure mode had little baseball games in the first place with dumb objectives.

You should really see the difference beteween dissapointing and BAD.

Mario & Luigi PiT, for example, is not as good as the other two games, but saying it´s the wors game ever is comparing it to great mighty bags of sh** like big rigs, plumbers don´t wear ties, thos ehorrible barbie and disney games, and in general, all those disgusting creations in videogaming history.

Seriously: dissapinting to your expectatives is NOT EQUAL to bad.

Mario Super Sluggers was very good IMO even if it does not follow what you expected.

Besides, as Jef says, if you liked the previous one, there´s n freaking way you can say Mario Super Sluggers is THAT horrible

Easmo said:
You should really see the difference beteween dissapointing and BAD.

Mario & Luigi PiT, for example, is not as good as the other two games, but saying it's the worse game ever is comparing it to great mighty bags of sh** like big rigs, plumbers don't wear ties, those horrible barbie and disney games, and in general, all those disgusting creations in videogaming history.

Seriously: dissapointing to your expectatives is NOT EQUAL to bad.

Mario Super Sluggers was very good IMO even if it does not follow what you expected.

Besides, as NG says, if you liked the previous one, there's no freaking way you can say Mario Super Sluggers is THAT horrible.
Per. Zero seems to be focused on the bad things and won't stop talking about them, it's starting to get depressing. I think he's just complaining because he thinks Sluggers boring. Besides, it's not just supposed to be baseball, it's supposed to be a Mario game. Mario games aren't just going to be focused on one theme. :P

You ever wanted to play a racing game, where you don't have to worry about crashing? Or losing speed? Or losing to opponents? THAT'S BIG RIGS.

And Shadow the Hedgehog was replay value in its purest form.

Worst game ever? That's easy. Double Dragon on Atari.

Back