An RPG I'm Making

Stooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
Meh, I might as well post a topic about this here, too. Basically, it's an RPG I'm developing in real life that has users in it. It's based around an apocalyptic setting, and is guaranteed to be a very hard game. I figured some of you forum-only dorks might want to sign up for it. If you'd like to sign up, here are the positions that are still available. (You don't have to have a Userpedia account to sign-up; you can just tell me here, and I'll sign you up.) I might make room for one of you in one of the more important slots depending on if I think I can get you to fit in the role right. To be in the game, you must have sprites!

Screenshots of the game:
Opening cutscene
Game menu
Customizable options (menu)
Characters stats (menu)
Dialogue before the first battle with Shyguy27
Shyguy27 Battle (enemy select)
Shyguy27 Battle (enemy attack)

You can download a stripped-down demo of it here, but you'll need to install this in order to be able to play it.
UPDATE (10/30/09): The second demo -- which is a little over half of the prologue -- can be downloaded here. (Credit goes to Black Hole Sun for creating the maps and most of the dialogue.)

I'm open to comments, criticism, questions, and suggestions.

Cool. I'd play it... but my old hunk-of-junk computer doesn't want to download anything...

Well, that sucks. :(

I wish i could be on it but i dont have sprites. if i get RPG Maker ill get this for sure!

It looks nice. Is the combat style going to be turn-based or real-time?

Booman: I think you only need sprites.

Booman said:
I'd sign up, but I need an UP page.
You just need sprites with good side-, front-, and back-view poses.

Audacity of Dope said:
It looks nice. Is the combat style going to be turn-based or real-time?
Thanks. :) The battles will be turn-based. Personally, I prefer that method of battling, and it's a lot easier to customize that style.

By the way, you guys can get the second (and fuller) demo here. It's got several enemy battles, a mini-boss, and quite a few other things. If there are any bugs, let me know.

Stooben Rooben said:
Booman said:
I'd sign up, but I need an UP page.
You just need sprites with good side-, front-, and back-view poses.

hmmmm... I'll be back with some sprites or something!

EDIT: I'm Back and with these "Knuckles with Black Gloves and Blue Dot on Chest" stuff. (FYI. It's supposed to be crap)
2dri72o.jpg

If i get an improtant role (REALLY UNLIKELY) i will make more (Once again... REALLY UNLIKELY). I want to be a guy who is in each town and tells the heroes about the town (eg. There is a Big theater over there and some people say someone was murdered there etc.) or something else, i just want to be the every town guy.

How do you get sprites?

EDIT: Here they are! http://www.panelmonkey.org/sprite.php?id=1185&theme=3

Blue Monday said:
You're welcome, by the way.
Shit, I meant to credit you in that post. Sorry. >_>

@Noah: I'll see if I can find some MLSS Boom Boom sprites, if that's okay. :P

Stooben Rooben said:
Shit, I meant to credit you in that post. Sorry. >_>
Don't worry 'bout it.

By the way, you should find a way to make the enemies chase the player around.

Games take a while to make, especially games as in-depth as an RPG.

Blue Monday said:
By the way, you should find a way to make the enemies chase the player around.
There's an option to set an enemy's move route to 'chase' the player, but it's really bad. I'm currently trying to find a script that'll make it look more professional.

Also, I don't have a specific release date set in stone, but I'm hoping to have it finished by summer of next year.

Back