An RPG I'm Making

Stooben said:
You can download a stripped-down demo of it here, but you'll need to install this in order to be able to play it.
UPDATE (10/30/09): The second demo -- which is a little over half of the prologue -- can be downloaded here. (Credit goes to Black Hole Sun for creating the maps and most of the dialogue.)

So is the second chapter done yet?

Don't rush me. I'll post when it's done, just like I've done before.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
Stooben said:
You can download a stripped-down demo of it here, but you'll need to install this in order to be able to play it.
UPDATE (10/30/09): The second demo -- which is a little over half of the prologue -- can be downloaded here. (Credit goes to Black Hole Sun for creating the maps and most of the dialogue.)
When I click the link (for the second demo), I just get a 404 page. :\

supermariofan124 said:
When I click the link (for the second demo), I just get a 404 page. :\
http://solcon.wikkii.com/URPG/Demo-3.exe

Try that one. It's the most recent demo, anyway.

Roughly 110MB.

But that's for the entire game. Even though you only get to play chapter 1, I have all of the prologue and some of chapter 2 in there.

No. RPG Maker is a completely separate download.

My computer says it's 4 MB.

I've recovered about a third of the maps from chapter 2 that I lost when my old computer crashed, so, with any luck, it'll be done by the second week in July. Here's some screenshots to keep you updated.

UPRPG Screenshot 29.png

UPRPG Screenshot 30.png

UPRPG Screenshot 31.png

UPRPG Screenshot 32.png

UPRPG Screenshot 33.png

UPRPG Screenshot 34.png

UPRPG Screenshot 35.png

UPRPG Screenshot 36.png

UPRPG Screenshot 41.png

UPRPG Screenshot 38.png

UPRPG Screenshot 39.png

UPRPG Screenshot 40.png

New features: Not too much is new, except for the "map name on entry" script. (See screenshot 2.)
Credit to Edofenrir for the fantastic character artwork.

Stooben said:
Look, I know you've been working hard on this, and that's a really nice drawing, but I don't know how many times I've said this over the past few years, and I really thought I didn't need to anymore: MY HAT IS BLACK. The original sprites had a blueish gray hat because Bottle Wizard didn't think that a plain black hat would look good in the Mario & Luigi style. After everyone thought it was blue, I actually modified them have to have a darker grayer hat, and after that I'm pretty sure this is the first time anyone has made this mistake again.

edit: i just searched for posts by me that contain the word draw so i could find my draw request thread again so that i can look at all the requests and then not draw them and wow i was really mad in this post

Uniju said:
Stooben said:
Look, I know you've been working hard on this, and that's a really nice drawing, but I don't know how many times I've said this over the past few years, and I really thought I didn't need to anymore: MY HAT IS BLACK. The original sprites had a blueish gray hat because Bottle Wizard didn't think that a plain black hat would look good in the Mario & Luigi style. After everyone thought it was blue, I actually modified them have to have a darker grayer hat, and after that I'm pretty sure this is the first time anyone has made this mistake again.

st00brequestuni2.png

Really not much that can't be fixed.

I know it's easy to fix and not a big deal, I'm just a bit irritated because everyone used to think the hat was blue even though it was black.

I updated the screenshot with Uniju's artwork in the first post.

Yokuba said:
At least you're in the game. :(
You can still be in as an NPC, if you'd like.

Stooben said:
I updated the screenshot with Uniju's artwork in the first post.
Thank you. You're a true bro. :)

Back