Broken DS Talk

my DS's touch screen doesnt work well and ive broke it and fixed once already. basically the thing that holds both screens together has half broken. the non-important part is broken but i think its starting to move onto the Touch Screen stuff. My mum says i can get a DSi because weve used $200-300 on buying it and $100 on fixing it the first time. the reason that the holdy thingy is broken is because i accidentaly dropped it. so the whole point is: My Touch Screen is screwed up, My games freeze at certain screens (like the "do you want to restart level" part of Yoshi's Island DS) and sometimes the actuall D-Pa gets overuled by the Touch Screen screwing up. I either have to wait 3 Months till' christmas or my Dad & Mum will secretly get my DSi early and surprise me.

Re: Stupid DS

The only thing I could suggest is asking to borrow a friend's DS. The reason most DS' break is when kids play it all the time with the top screen pushed all the way back, it's one off my pet peeves becase it's not supposed to go back that far or else the middle part that connects the screens will break.

Crackin355 said:
my DS's touch screen doesnt work well and ive broke it and fixed once already. basically the thing that holds both screens together has half broken. the non-important part is broken but i think its starting to move onto the Touch Screen stuff. My mum says i can get a DSi because weve used $200-300 on buying it and $100 on fixing it the first time. the reason that the holdy thingy is broken is because i accidentaly dropped it. so the whole point is: My Touch Screen is screwed up, My games freeze at certain screens (like the "do you want to restart level" part of Yoshi's Island DS) and sometimes the actuall D-Pa gets overuled by the Touch Screen screwing up. I either have to wait 3 Months till' christmas or my Dad & Mum will secretly get my DSi early and surprise me.
Haha. Mum.

Anyway, I guess you wait till Christmas

All I can say is, Mario Kart Super Circuit rules.

i dont play it back very far. weve spent $400 for buying and fixing it so its better to buy a better one than fixing my old one... I got my DS like.... 5 days after it came out.

Jeff said:
The reason most DS' break is when kids play it all the time with the top screen pushed all the way back, it's one off my pet peeves becase it's not supposed to go back that far or else the middle part that connects the screens will break.
That's exactly what happened to my DS a few years ago, when my little brother used it. It made no sense for him to even bother using mine in the first place, when he had his own to play. It didn't get like that until HE had it, yet he claims that he had nothing to do with it. Also, he even did the exact same thing to his own, yet he's STILL denying it.

My DS still works for the most part, but I'm definitely considering buying a new one. Not just because of the top screen being loose, there's also other issues, like the battery life not lasting as long as it used to, and the R button sometimes get jammed. When I DO buy a new one, I'm going to replace it with another original DS, because I don't feel like wasting any money on that piece of crap/waste of hardware, the DS Lite. My reason? Because it's nothing more than another rehash of the same system, yet they have the nerve to charge it for a highter price. Sure, its screen might be brighter than the other one, that doesn't mean a thing to me, because the original already HAD a built-in light-up screen, so that was completely unnecessary. They put so much time and effort into trying to improve something that needed NO improvement whatsoever, instead of what actually NEEDED to be changed, which is the volume controls (which weren't any better). As the saying goes, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it".

after 1yar and 4 months i dropped it and the top screen cracked. we got that fixed but i dropped it again. although it didnt smash and its been fine for 2 years and 2 months and its only stuffing up now which is wierd.

Crackin355 said:
after 1yar and 4 months i dropped it and the top screen cracked. we got that fixed but i dropped it again. although it didnt smash and its been fine for 2 years and 2 months and its only stuffing up now which is wierd.
Sometimes things don't start having a negative effect right away, my sister had a cut on her finger like that once.

My first DS Lite snapped in half for no reason one day. Those things break like glass.

Moonside27 said:
My first DS Lite snapped in half for no reason one day. Those things break like glass.
My cousin's DS Lite is halfway snapped because it's litterly hanging on by a wire. The screens work fine, but the top screen sometimes has a red shade to it.

My friends DS has a funny story to it. first he lost all his touch screen pens and had to use a no ink pen then threw that out and used his fingers. he then accidently pulled his R Button off and his Mum glued it back on. but she slipped when glueing it and the glue got the R Button stuck there so now he cant use the R Button

Crackin355 said:
My friends DS has a funny story to it. first he lost all his touch screen pens and had to use a no ink pen then threw that out and used his fingers. he then accidently pulled his R Button off and his Mum glued it back on. but she slipped when glueing it and the glue got the R Button stuck there so now he cant use the R Button
I broke the L button on my now broken regular DS by using it tomuch since I was regularly playing Tetris DS on Endless mode to see how far I could get, I got to lvl. 21 avarage. I used the L button to hold pieces, so the thing broke after 100 or so sesions of Tetris DS.

Moonside27 said:

id like to talk about this

i set my ds on my night stand one night and went to bed

i wake up next morning, and its in like the same position, but it was snapped in freakin half

so yeah they are very fragile

Guiliant said:
Moonside27 said:

id like to talk about this

i set my ds on my night stand one night and went to bed

i wake up next morning, and its in like the same position, but it was snapped in freakin half

so yeah they are very fragile
Sabatodge?

I've had an old blue DS since right around when they came out and it has yet to fail me despite everything I've done to it. It is a true hero.

Moonside27 said:
Classic DSs are nigh indestructible.
Mine broke after 5 years of carefulness when this dumb little kid threw it against a brick wall. Only top screen cracked, but it became unusable. :(

My DS Lite has a small crack in the hinge. I'm still able to play, though.

My touch screen is out of shape because when i was young, i got fustrated over a game and tapped it sooo hard, touch screen screwed up...

Also, a part where the battery light is shown is broken bc my brother dropped the DS... a year after screen broke...

My DSi has a few scratches on it, since I play it so much and have accidently dropped it a couple times.

Super Beefy Guy said:
My DSi has a few scratches on it, since I play it so much and have accidently dropped it a couple times.
Mine has a few minor scratches, but mine's black and it's made out of weird meterial, so the scratches made by fingernails and other things come off if you rub them. It's kind of mysterious. :toad:

Jeff said:
Super Beefy Guy said:
Mine has a few minor scratches, but mine's black and it's made out of weird meterial, so the scratches made by fingernails and other things come off if you rub them. It's kind of mysterious. :toad:
Mine's black too. It's actually more of a dent than a scratch, I guess. It's kind of hard to explain.

Back