Broken DS Talk

Super Beefy Guy said:
Jeff said:
Super Beefy Guy said:
My DSi has a few scratches on it, since I play it so much and have accidently dropped it a couple times.
Mine has a few minor scratches, but mine's black and it's made out of weird meterial, so the scratches made by fingernails and other things come off if you rub them. It's kind of mysterious. :toad:
Mine's black too. It's actually more of a dent than a scratch, I guess. It's kind of hard to explain.
I found some of the harder ones come off if you lick them and rub the spot with your shirt. It's disgusting, but it works for me. :P

Jeff said:
Super Beefy Guy said:
Jeff said:
Super Beefy Guy said:
My DSi has a few scratches on it, since I play it so much and have accidently dropped it a couple times.
Mine has a few minor scratches, but mine's black and it's made out of weird meterial, so the scratches made by fingernails and other things come off if you rub them. It's kind of mysterious. :toad:
Mine's black too. It's actually more of a dent than a scratch, I guess. It's kind of hard to explain.
I found some of the harder ones come off if you lick them and rub the spot with your shirt. It's disgusting, but it works for me. :P
That wouldn't work, as some of the paint is chipped off. Anyway, back on topic: Neither DS is broken, but they both have minor flaws.

I have a DS Phat. Each screen has a dead pixel. The top has one that's always a bright green, and the bottom has one that's always bright red.

Vile said:
I have a DS Phat. Each screen has a dead pixel. The top has one that's always a bright green, and the bottom has one that's always bright red.

Lol, an eternally green and red dead pixels?

They must´ve got possesed by Malleo and Weegee.

I got my DS back.

Not that it matters, I have a Pikachu one and a DSi. I just wanted Diamond and Super Star Ultra back.

My DSi fell off a stool yesterday, I freaked out since I thought it broke, but it just got a big white mark on the corner like the paint came off or something. However, most of the mark has seems to mysteriously disapeared today. :toad:

Jeff said:
My DSi fell off a stool yesterday, I freaked out since I thought it broke, but it just got a big white mark on the corner like the paint came off or something. However, most of the mark has seems to mysteriously disapeared today. :toad:

See, that's what I'm talking about.

I can remember when everyone thought Nintendo products were made of pure Gundanium. There was that one guy who's SNES got crushed under a truck and it STILL worked when he hooked up the remains.

Ghost Jam said:
Jeff said:

See, that's what I'm talking about.

I can remember when everyone thought Nintendo products were made of pure Gundanium. There was that one guy who's SNES got crushed under a truck and it STILL worked when he hooked up the remains.
pix or it didn't happen

Crackin355 said:
my DS's touch screen doesnt work well and ive broke it and fixed once already. basically the thing that holds both screens together has half broken. the non-important part is broken but i think its starting to move onto the Touch Screen stuff. My mum says i can get a DSi because weve used $200-300 on buying it and $100 on fixing it the first time. the reason that the holdy thingy is broken is because i accidentaly dropped it. so the whole point is: My Touch Screen is screwed up, My games freeze at certain screens (like the "do you want to restart level" part of Yoshi's Island DS) and sometimes the actuall D-Pa gets overuled by the Touch Screen screwing up. I either have to wait 3 Months till' christmas or my Dad & Mum will secretly get my DSi early and surprise me.
Okay.

Thom Yorke said:
Crackin355 said:
my DS's touch screen doesnt work well and ive broke it and fixed once already. basically the thing that holds both screens together has half broken. the non-important part is broken but i think its starting to move onto the Touch Screen stuff. My mum says i can get a DSi because weve used $200-300 on buying it and $100 on fixing it the first time. the reason that the holdy thingy is broken is because i accidentaly dropped it. so the whole point is: My Touch Screen is screwed up, My games freeze at certain screens (like the "do you want to restart level" part of Yoshi's Island DS) and sometimes the actuall D-Pa gets overuled by the Touch Screen screwing up. I either have to wait 3 Months till' christmas or my Dad & Mum will secretly get my DSi early and surprise me.
Okay.
er... Why did you just do that? ???

My DS Lite got broken at the hinge

Thank god that my warranty doesn't expire 'til march (I got the one year warranty, then extended it an extra three months by registering it.)

My original DS's touch screen also doesn't work. I never figured out why, and I just decided to use my DSi from then on.

Smashgoom202 said:
My original DS's touch screen also doesn't work. I never figured out why, and I just decided to use my DSi from then on.
Is it covered in too much dirt? Or are you not using an official Nintendo Stylus? That could also be a problem.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Is it covered in too much dirt? Or are you not using an official Nintendo Stylus? That could also be a problem.
There was no dirt on it, or at least none that I could see, when it stopped working. And I've always used an official Nintendo Stylus.

I think there might be something stuck inbetween where the DS itself separates from the screen... Or something.

Smashgoom202 said:
Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Smashgoom202 said:
There was no dirt on it, or at least none that I could see, when it stopped working. And I've always used an official Nintendo Stylus.

I think there might be something stuck inbetween where the DS itself separates from the screen... Or something.
One of the wires could've bwoke. Did you ever end up dropping it?

Apparently, broken DS Lites are not uncommon.

Nintendo said:
In the US, the reported number of small cosmetic cracks in the plastic hinge of DS Lite systems represents less than 0.02 percent of the total units sold. This cosmetic issue in no way impacts the gameplay or integrity of the DS Lite. Nintendo stands behind the quality of our products and encourages DS Lite owners to contact our Customer Service Department if they are not happy with the functionality of their systems.
It looks like you can contact Nintendo about the issue here.

I once accidentally fell asleep on my DSi and when I woke up, the game card had been pushed in way too far into the slot, and after I retrieved it with a hairpin, the device was functional again. Scary moment. :shifty:

My DS's (Lite version) spine (Folding part) is broken, so it is floppy.

The left trigger is also somewhat unresponsive, limiting/slowing down game play a little... in most games.

Back