SSB4 a real possibility within a few years?

N

Nerdy Guy

I've said this before, but Nintendo might actutly make a real SSB4 since Nintendo isn't waiting untill a new console to make new installments in series like M&L and SMG, so SSB could possibly the next series to have a new installment. Disscuss.

Sakurai said this was his last Smah game, IIRC. If it was, then maybe someone else could develop it. That could be a good thing, as Sakurai is partially insane. *is still confused as to why ROB is in Brawl*

If a Sakurai-less Smash game means no random tripping, no broken characters (I´m looking at you, Metacheater), no lame targets mode (I pray for the return of individual target stages rather than 5 generic ones for the entire roster), and in general, no failure, then I welcome it.

Easmo said:
If a Sakurai-less Smash game means no random tripping, no broken characters (I´m looking at you, Metacheater), no lame targets mode (I pray for the return of individual target stages rather than 5 generic ones for the entire roster), and in general, no failure, then I welcome it.
I know, individual target tests were awesome. I guess the people just got lazy, but it's stupid since some characters have an advantage over other ones.

Anyway, Ninentso would be smart to put out another one ASAP. I believe it is a possibility in late '10.

Count Bleck said:
Easmo said:
I know, individual target tests were awesome. I guess the people just got lazy, but it's stupid since some characters have an advantage over other ones.

Anyway, Ninentso would be smart to put out another one ASAP. I believe it is a possibility in late '10.
Isn't that when SMG2 might come out? ???

I too think that '10 would be a bit early. Unless I'm wrong, Brawl was released in '08, which would mean only a two year interval, which also could be found between the first two games. 2013 or something like that might be a more proper year.

Jeff said:
Count Bleck said:
Easmo said:

Isn't that when SMG2 might come out? ???
I thought SMG2 was early '10.

But ok, push it back to late '11 or early '12. That's my guess

Shadow Bowser said:
Sakurai also said that Melee was going to be the last in the series, but...
That makes SSB4 even more possible. Nintendo hasn't really shown any signs of anything yet, but we'll just have to keep watch in the next couple years.

Shadow Bowser said:
How can there be eight mario parties and only three ssbs. There can't be more mps than ssbs. That's just not right.

Count Bleck said:
Shadow Bowser said:
How can there be eight mario parties and only three ssbs. There can't be more mps than ssbs.
People wouldn't be as exicted about a new SSB if they came out as often as Mario Partys do. One of the reasons Brawl was so awesome was because it was well worth the long wait.

Not really. For a game that took 8 years to make, it could have been far better. There's a lot of blank space on the disk.

There's a lot of blank space on the disk.

Apparently, the 2nd layer is only used for the SSE cutscenes.

Dr. Evil said:
Not really. For a game that took 8 years to make, it could have been far better. There's a lot of blank space on the disk.

For me, the worst part about the game is the basic part of it: the fighting. It´s the type of game you can´t simply call "a dissapointment" because of how much stuff is packed on it, but when the basics don´t work... I mean, it is just as fun as the other SSB... except for the brutal disbalance between characters. I know that there are no perfect fighting games, but Mario, Yoshi or Ganon are virtually unplayable against a highly skilled player using MK or Snake whereas in Melee, you could still score a victory with DK against a Fox user with a little effort and luck for example... but MK in expert hands is unbeatable with some of the really nerfed characters. In other words, the disbalance is way higher than in SSB64 and SSBM (talking from a neutral metagame POV, I mean, 1 vs 1 and no items).

I wouldn't doubt they'll make another Super Smash Bros., but it won't be for a while. I'm look at at LEAST 4-5 years.

Super Smash Bros. is a cash cow that craps hundred dollar bills and pisses liquid gold. They won't be ending it anytime soon.

Dr. Evil said:
Super Smash Bros. is a cash cow that craps hundred dollar bills and pisses liquid gold.
The mental images I got from that are disturbing. :toad:

If they ever do make another sequel, it's likely not going to be for another 10 years. The situation reminds me of the Street Fighter series.

Within a several years...?

Hopefully if it's made it will actually be a good game. Brawl felt like Melee with a few new characters. Screw new and interesting gameplay mechanics, we need to play as Diddy Kong. Oh god and the story, it was as if the collective minds at the NSider came together to write bad fanfiction, and then someone spit all over the paper and lit it on fire

Ell Oh Ell said:
Oh god and the story, it was as if the collective minds at the NSider came together to write bad fanfiction, and then someone spit all over the paper and lit it on fire
You do realise Brawl was the first SSB game to have a deep story, right? It could've been worse.

Back