SSB4 a real possibility within a few years?

Fassad said:
I have a feeling they left out K. Rool because you DK fanboys are so damn annoying that they just had to piss you off.
Too bad we barely ever talk about the Donkey Kong series...

Bass said:
How is it more important? In fact, Donkey Kong is what started the Mario series in the first place.
No it did not. Mario started the Donkey Kong series. Titles != Contents.

Giygas said:
Fassad said:
I have a feeling they left out K. Rool because you DK fanboys are so damn annoying that they just had to piss you off.
Too bad we barely ever talk about the Donkey Kong series...
Excuse me while I read any Video Game forum ever while waking the entire neighborhood up laughing.

Opinions, opinions, opinions...

Facts, facts, facts...

When will we learn? When will we ALL learn?

I've heard of some people who hate the Donkey Kong series anyway.

Giygas said:
Opinions, opinions, opinions...

Facts, facts, facts...

When will I learn? When will I respect OTHERS' opinions?
Fix'd ;)

Donkey Kong is a pretty cool series. I will admit that while I think that K. Rool should have been in SSBB, it doesn't really stop me from liking the game.

Giygas said:
I do, I just hate it when others are intolerant.
I don't think they were the intolerant ones here, Lario. You're the one who decided to jump in and complain about how the forum community "doesn't" talk about DK games and point out obvious things about the conversation. :-\

Uniju said:

I was talking about the Donkey Kong arcade series. That's how the Mario series began in the first place.

ChaosNinji said:
When was the last time the DK series produced a good game?

I thought so.
I think I summed it up a lot better in this topic.

Bass said:
I think I summed it up a lot better in this topic.

The difference being that you are speaking of a good game coming from the DK series, and I am referring to its lack of good games as reason for why King K. Rool should not get in.

Bass said:
Uniju said:

I was talking about the Donkey Kong arcade series.
As was I.
Bass said:
That's how the Mario series began in the first place.
Titles != Contents. The original Donkey Kong at least was obviously more a Mario game than a Donkey Kong one; there was obviously a split in Donkey Kong Jr. where the "Donkey Kong Series" become separate from the Mario series, but you are just giving the first game the fact that it was in the "Donkey Kong Series" to try to make your points more valid. Most of the themes and gameplay elements of Donkey Kong(and the first Donkey Kong trilogy, so to say) were carried through to Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. etc, and than the "Donkey Kong Series" died, and another "Donkey Kong Series"(the one you were originally talking about, with K. Rool and the like) eventually came about.

It is by no means untrue to state that Post-Donkey Kong Country and Pre-Donkey Kong Country are obviously separate series', and it seems a lot more reasonable to say that the original Donkey Kong belongs more to it's protagonist who went on to almost immediate success than the villain(and titular character) who essentially died for so long.

Stop judging books by their covers.

I was with you up until that last sentence. That part seems to have come out of nowhere.

Books = Games, Covers = Titles. I was furthering my insistence that the original Donkey Kong was a Mario game despite the title.

In fact, Donkey Kong is what started the Mario series in the first place.

And, in fact, Radar Scope is what started Donkey Kong in the first place so therefore, Radar Scope should get represented. "Historical" importance /=/ worthy inclusion.

They made so many references to K. Rool in Brawl, that he might as well had been a playable character.

One trophy and his name sometimes appearing in the random name generator = "many" references?

I would like to see K.Rool in too but your nerd-rage in this thread is lol-worthy. You act as if DKC was screwed over like F-Zero.

Glowsquid said:
One trophy and his name sometimes appearing in the random name generator = "many" references?
It was more than that. Like I said before, they had Bowser stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard (which was clearly a reference to him), there was the Gangplank Galleon theme song, he was mentioned in Wrinkly Kong's trophy, and whatever else I missed.

I would like to see K.Rool in too but your nerd-rage in this thread is lol-worthy. You act as if DKC was screwed over like F-Zero.
The Donkey Kong Country series HAS been screwed over. In fact, it's been that way ever since Nintendo sold Rare over to Microsoft. The last "big" Donkey Kong title we've gotten on a console since then was Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and everything, but it also had next to nothing to do with the actual series. Also, we've been lied to by the Famitsu magazine, itself, when it stated that a new Donkey Kong platformer for the Wii was going to appear at E3 back in 2005. Years later, it still hasn't happened. I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself again this year.

Like I said before, they had Bowser stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard (which was clearly a reference to him),

No, it's just the single most obvious motivation for him.

there was the Gangplank Galleon theme song.

The reason they choose that song is because it's a great and memorable piece of music, not to invoke a character or other bullshit like that.

The Donkey Kong Country series HAS been screwed over.

By Nintendo? Maybe. But in Brawl, it has been represented very well compared to something like F-Zero or even Fire Emblem.

But first, let's put thing in perspective:

You are a grown man.

You are bawwing about the fact than a relatively obscure character from a video game series well-past its prime wasn't included in a fighting game.

Doesn't something seems wrong?

The main gripe I had with Brawl was their blatant disregard for certain characters (*COUGH*MARTY MCFLY*COUGH*) that EASILY could have been added to the fighter roster.

Glowsquid said:

You are a grown man.

You are bawwing about the fact than a relatively obscure character from a video game series well-past its prime wasn't included in a fighting game.

I prefer to call it "ranting", and I see nothing wrong with simply expressing my disappointment within something. Hasn't everybody done something like that at one point, regardless of their age?

Bass said:
Glowsquid said:

You are a grown man.

I prefer to call it "ranting", and I see nothing wrong with simply expressing my disappointment within something. Hasn't everybody done something like that at one point, regardless of their age?
Per.

Back