SSB4 a real possibility within a few years?

Nerdy Guy said:
Ell Oh Ell said:
Oh god and the story, it was as if the collective minds at the NSider came together to write bad fanfiction, and then someone spit all over the paper and lit it on fire
You do realise Brawl was the first SSB game to have a deep story, right? It could've been worse.
Wasn't very deep IMO.

Ell Oh Ell said:
Hopefully if it's made it will actually be a good game. Brawl felt like Melee with a few new characters. Screw new and interesting gameplay mechanics, we need to play as Diddy Kong.
New and interesting mechanics, such as slipping, running with guns, jumping off of other players, gliding, 2 more taunts, Smash Ball(big change), and swimming? I guess there could be more, but they shouldn't change the core gameplay too much, considering it's the reason why the series is so successful.

Jackie Chan said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Ell Oh Ell said:
Oh god and the story, it was as if the collective minds at the NSider came together to write bad fanfiction, and then someone spit all over the paper and lit it on fire
You do realise Brawl was the first SSB game to have a deep story, right? It could've been worse.
Wasn't very deep IMO.
It was deeper then the other two. :P

Commando Man said:
EVERY SINGLE NINTENDO FRANCHISE is a cash cow that craps hundred dollar bills and pisses liquid gold. They won't be ending it anytime soon.
Fix'd.

The Ghost of Christmas Future said:
Commando Man said:
EVERY SINGLE NINTENDO FRANCHISE is a cash cow that craps hundred dollar bills and pisses liquid gold. They won't be ending it anytime soon.
Fix'd.
So true. Except for maybe... I can't think of one.

T-REX said:
Commando Man said:
Fix'd.

Just as long the games never go below "great", I really don't give a rat's ass.

Even if they DO make a fourth Super Smash Brothers, it's bound to be another disappointment like Brawl was. I just know it.

Bass said:
Even if they DO make a fourth Super Smash Brothers, it's bound to be another disappointment like Brawl was. I just know it.

How do you know, ok yes the compressed to layer disk, the Havok engine, and all those bugs made the game all broken, but that was only once. I suggest it will be less dissapointing then Brawl though.

That's not what I'm talking about. The main gripe I had with Brawl was their blatant disregard for certain characters (*COUGH*KING K. ROOL*COUGH*) that EASILY could have been added to the fighter roster.

Bass said:
That's not what I'm talking about. The main gripe I had with Brawl was their blatant disregard for certain characters (*COUGH*KING K. ROOL*COUGH*) that EASILY could have been added to the fighter roster.

Well that's the whole point of having a sequal so they could put in more characters that will make Brawl less dissapointing if they were there.

But of course, they probably won't, seeing how they seem to care very little about the Donkey Kong series (and its fanbase) nowadays.

1. Donkey Kong doesn't have a very large fanbase anymore. It probably doesn't make much sense to Nintendo that they should just cater to loud but few people on the internet who obsess over Donkey Kong Country.
2. They do it anyway. Brawl introduced Diddy Kong to the franchise.

Yeah, it took them two other installments to do it, though (which had a nearly ten-year gap). They never seem to having a problem adding Mario, Zelda, Poke'mon (even if they're just alternate skins), or even Kirby characters, but just about any pleas from the Donkey Kong fanbase fall on deaf ears. They made so many references to K. Rool in Brawl, that he might as well had been a playable character. Instead, they just chose to throw it in peoples' faces. It especially pissed me off when they had BOWSER, of all people, stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard. You can't even TELL me that isn't a blatant disregard, right there.

Bass said:
Yeah, it took them two other installments to do it, though (which had a nearly ten-year gap). They never seem to having a problem adding Mario, Zelda, Poke'mon (even if they're just alternate skins), or even Kirby characters, but just about any pleas from the Donkey Kong fanbase fall on deaf ears. They made so many references to K. Rool in Brawl, that he might as well had been a playable character. Instead, they just chose to throw it in peoples' faces. It especially pissed me off when they had BOWSER, of all people, stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard. You can't even TELL me that isn't a blatant disregard, right there.

Well... I sort of agree with you there

Bass said:
Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are Nintendo's three biggest franchises.

And there's no apostrophe in Pokemon. :\

Bass said:
Yeah, it took them two other installments to do it, though (which had a nearly ten-year gap).
Data restrictions, perhaps?

They never seem to having a problem adding Mario, Zelda, Poke'mon (even if they're just alternate skins)
Because they're their three biggest franchises, duh.

or even Kirby characters
It took them until Brawl to get any Kirby character besides Kirby himself.

but just about any pleas from the Donkey Kong fanbase fall on deaf ears.
Probably because it's one of their lesser series? I'm more disappointed in the lack of new Metroid characters.

They made so many references to K. Rool in Brawl, that he might as well had been a playable character. Instead, they just chose to throw it in peoples' faces.
Same with Ridley. I don't see you complaining about that.

It especially pissed me off when they had BOWSER, of all people, stealing Donkey Kong's banana hoard. You can't even TELL me that isn't a blatant disregard, right there.
K. Rool would've been too predictable.

Ugozima said:
Bass said:

Well, I DO know there's an accent mark on the "e", but my keyboard doesn't have that key.

And yes, I know those are their three biggest franchises, but how do you explain the Kirby franchise? I'm pretty sure THAT doesn't fall into the same category. In the first two Super Smash Brothers games, Kirby was the only playable character, but in the third one, they added both King DeDeDe AND Meta-Knight. The Donkey Kong series, on the other hand, only added one other character. Oh, but wait! Apparently, they originally intended to add Dixie to the game, but decided to scrap her. I'm not exactly the hugest Dixie Kong fan (but at the same time, I don't have a problem with her, either), but I still think it would have been nice to have her in the game anyway, since the Donkey Kong franchise would be getting more attention.

Gogol Bordello said:
Data restrictions, perhaps?
In the first one, maybe, but that definitely wasn't the case in Melee. When K. Rool was left out of Melee, I didn't mind it too much, but it was completely inexcusable for them to leave him out of Brawl.

Same with Ridley. I don't see you complaining about that.
At least Ridley actually appeared in the game as a boss. K. Rool didn't even get that.

Bass said:
Ugozima said:
Bass said:

Well, I DO know there's an accent mark on the "e", but my keyboard doesn't have that key.

And yes, I know those are their three biggest franchises, but how do you explain the Kirby franchise? I'm pretty sure THAT doesn't fall into the same category. In the first two Super Smash Brothers games, Kirby was the only playable character, but in the third one, they added both King DeDeDe AND Meta-Knight. The Donkey Kong series, on the other hand, only added one other character. Oh, but wait! Apparently, they originally intended to add Dixie to the game, but decided to scrap her. I'm not exactly the hugest Dixie Kong fan (but at the same time, I don't have a problem with her, either), but I still think it would have been nice to have her in the game anyway, since the Donkey Kong franchise would be getting more attention.
Super Smash Bros and Kirby were created by the same person.

Not to mention Kirby is a much larger and more important franchise than Donkey Kong is.

How is it more important? In fact, Donkey Kong is what started the Mario series in the first place.

Bass said:
How is it more important? In fact, Donkey Kong is what started the Mario series in the first place.
Well you gotta remember, Super Smash Bros isn't even part of the Mario franchise.

Ugozima, he's just stating that Donkey Kong started the Mario series. I can't even infer that he's saying the Super Smash Brothers series is apart of the Mario franchise.

Plus, Donkey Kong has quite a lot of underground popularity.

I have a feeling they left out K. Rool because you DK fanboys are so damn annoying that they just had to piss you off.

Bass said:
I agree that the Bowser stealing the hoard of bananas was awkward. I think that K. Rool would be a pretty cool character.

Back