Depression.

NintendoQueen said:
I see a lot of posts about being teased and bullied. It sickens me that people would do this to you guys. People are mean, they tease and bully for the sake of feeling empowered. They like to find other people who they know won't fight back and will tease them to end. These kids tripping and calling names and teasing are extremely immature and insecure. I never understood why people have to tease and be mean. I just never understood why people are mean for the sake of being mean.

If this stuff is really hurting your self-esteem, I would go and talk to a counselor or a trusted family, friend, or any other adult to help you out with your situation. I'm not sure about you guys, but talking and venting to people and then hearing what they have to say [when they do say something useful] helps me out a bit.

Also, from your posts, I can see you guys are in high school. Yes, I saw a ton of teasing in high school too. Once I got into college, I haven't seen the teasing anymore [also that greatly depends on where you go to college too].
I agree 100% on that, cheer up guys, it'll all get better eventually!

Or just take my strategy:

Be completely oblivious to the fact that people are trying to bully you, or be as oblivious as you can. Because if you don't know you're being bullied, or at least don't reveal that you know you are, the bullies won't get any satisfaction, and will eventually just leave you alone. It's worked for me since 1st grade. :D

Note that my logic does not apply to when other people are being bullied; that's the time to step in.

Lily said:
The thing is, ignoring it is much easier said than done.

More like insanely hard. If you could just ignore it you wouldn't be depressed in the first place.

I've just learnt to keep a smile on my face whenever I'm not having a short super depressed moment. Then it makes them feel bad. But it definitely is easier said then done.

WWhen people bully me, I sometimes take it like a joke and ignore them. Other times I have to stop myself from punching them in the face. Even though I am bullied quite a bit, its not enough to where I'm depressed by it.

Back in elementary, I used to be picked on constantly. I've always been known as the quiet kid, the kid that's okay with sitting in the corner and hiding in a book. Some of the other kids knew about it and picked on me for it. They teased me, pushed me around... I didn't have anyone that was really my friend back then, and I was too shy to even talk to a teacher. The advice everyone gave me was always "Ignore them and they'll go away', but they never went away. I never felt so depressed in my life. I was honestly thinking about just staying home and never going to school at one point. Even in my first year of high school, after all the bullies went to different schools, there was always someone that picked on me. The only difference was that I made a friend. He convinced me to tell the school psychologist about the guy picking on, who ended up talking with the bully. The next year, he was expelled. He had some friends that were with him, but they stopped when he was gone. Now, my second year of high school is over, and I never had to worry about bullies.

If you want to know why I was so quiet, please. Please do not ask. It's something that happened to me that none of you could ever relate to, and I am seriously crying just thinking about it.

At my school all the teachers are like "If someone tries to hurt you curl up in a little ball until it's over and then tell a teacher". I did that for a while and I was like screw this and punched them in the face and I got in trouble.

Agent Smith said:
At my school all the teachers are like "If someone tries to hurt you curl up in a little ball until it's over and then tell a teacher". I did that for a while and I was like screw this and punched them in the face and I got in trouble.

That sucks. But you should punch them in the face again I'd they try hurting you. Then they'll stop, unless they already learnt their lesson.

GreenDisaster said:
If you want to know why I was so quiet, please. Please do not ask. It's something that happened to me that none of you could ever relate to, and I am seriously crying just thinking about it.

My mom died when I was nine. I bet I can.

Sorry to hear that... :(

My friend's mom died when he was young as well. I think he was somewhere between 1-4 when she did. It's too bad he's gone onto the path of underage drinking and that sort of stuff.

Alright then, you really want to know?

On January 1998, my father died.

On June 1998, I was born.

The only time I have ever seen my father was in a picture.

Again, my condolences.

I have been blessed with a family and I honestly could not imagine what it must be like to lose a relative.

Things like these make me realize how lucky I am to have all my family alive with me right now.

I can't imagine the day one of us passes away.

My apologies. :<

I'm quite the quiet person too in real life. Yet I'm like that because I suffer from a certain social disorder and other mental disorders.
I've been spending my first few weeks of summer vacations in and out of therapy.
Going to start physical therapy soon too. I have trouble with mobility.
So more hospital trips for me. To top it off money's becoming an issue.

*sigh*

It's a big trouble for me. My mother is going on a diet for some surgery, but she's getting sick. They can't do her surgery if my mother gets sick.

Starting to show symptons of pyelonephritis again...
And I've been taking the medication as directed...

It's not really depression depression yet, but I've been suddenly depressed. I've been bullied by the kids I help my mom babysit, my great-grandpa died of cancer a couple years back when we had so much fun together, I've been obsessing about Boos and Luigi to keep the sadness away, but it's not really helping anymore :'(

Jesus, now that's something really depressive. I'm glad my mom got out of surgery safe and sound... My friends though she was gonna die.

I'm not depressed about it, but this worries me. My mom is constantly always getting sick and she's been in the hospital a few times. Just a few days ago she randomly feel in the front of a bunch of people. She's always tired and she'll cancel some stuff we have to do just cause she's sick. The thing that worries me the most is that her mother was sick and she died when she was young. I don't want the same thing to happen to her, so I'm always worried about her.

Another thing that's been bothering me is the lack of family around me. Most of my friends are related. They always hang out and stuff and their really close to each other and they always hang out. This bothers me because all of my cousins and relatives are in Egypt. We don't have that kind of money to go to Egypt every year so it's hard.I have at least 4 or more new cosines and half of of them I don't even know their names. It's tough to be honest.

Back