Depression.

The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight said:
Dr. Javelin said:
♪ Why can't weeeeeeee be friends, why can't weeeeeeee be friends... ♪

oh and seriously guys lighten up it'll get better. probably.

why do you always minimize stuff like that
but it will

I don't know, it's probably just that my own depression seems rather silly in hindsight.

Dr. Javelin said:
Dr. Javelin said:
♪ Why can't weeeeeeee be friends, why can't weeeeeeee be friends... ♪

oh and seriously guys lighten up it'll get better. probably.

why do you always minimize stuff like that
but it will

I don't know, it's probably just that my own depression seems rather silly in hindsight.

bet it didn't seem silly while it was happening

Nega-Man said:
La Marionette said:
It's the other way around for me.... I hate a lot of kids at my school.

That, basically. Most of my peers at school are perverted and immature blokes.

i used to think that, but then i realized it was awful snobbish

of course, that depends on the degree of perversion and immaturity, so i really can't say for you

I feel lonely most days, I like some solitude as when I work alone I can get on with stuff. I sometimes feel lonely though as I rarely see my friends out of school and sometimes exclude myself from friendship groups due to my shyness and the worry they will reject me.

I've diagnosed depression, and currently I'm enjoying the height of post-op depression, and now Winter blues is slowly creeping in.

Needless to say, I'm kind of jaded at the moment.

I feel the need to get this out there, I am just so annoyed with myself. I feel like I cannot do anything right anymore! The things I used to be good at, I am no longer good at anymore. I've been feeling extremely unmotivated to do the things I once loved [drawing and Nintendo, mostly]. I've been getting so jealous of others and I am not happy with my myself.

I suppose I am not as good as I once thought I was...no one else seems to notice it, so why should I?

I feel like I am not good at anything anymore, except for whining and complaining [but that gets you nowhere in life, just people blowing you off and telling you to be quiet].

[I know this is silly for me to vent about this, but I just have no other way to express this---this has been bothering me for a long time now. Something needs to be done about it...seriously.]

No, of course not.

You're right though, I really could have phrased it better. Apologies to those who felt I was being insensitive.

Dr. Javelin said:
No, of course not.

You're right though, I really could have phrased it better. Apologies to those who felt I was being insensitive.

fair enough man

Lily said:
I feel lonely most days, I like some solitude as when I work alone I can get on with stuff. I sometimes feel lonely though as I rarely see my friends out of school and sometimes exclude myself from friendship groups due to my shyness and the worry they will reject me.

I know that feeling. I like just about all the other people at school and I'm pretty sure most of them like me, but I don't really hang out with most of them very much because I worry that I'll mess up or won't know what to say. So I usually end up on my laptop in the corner working on music or something, which I like, but it's kind of lonely sometimes. It takes me longer than most to be comfortable around other people, I guess (this is my first year at this school).

Crocodile Dippy said:
I've diagnosed depression, and currently I'm enjoying the height of post-op depression, and now Winter blues is slowly creeping in.

Needless to say, I'm kind of jaded at the moment.

That sucks. Hope you get through it (I know how cliched that sounds, but it really does suck, and I really do hope you get through it).

NintendoQueen said:
I feel the need to get this out there, I am just so annoyed with myself. I feel like I cannot do anything right anymore! The things I used to be good at, I am no longer good at anymore. I've been feeling extremely unmotivated to do the things I once loved [drawing and Nintendo, mostly]. I've been getting so jealous of others and I am not happy with my myself.

I suppose I am not as good as I once thought I was...no one else seems to notice it, so why should I?

I feel like I am not good at anything anymore, except for whining and complaining [but that gets you nowhere in life, just people blowing you off and telling you to be quiet].

[I know this is silly for me to vent about this, but I just have no other way to express this---this has been bothering me for a long time now. Something needs to be done about it...seriously.]

It's not silly; that's what this thread is for.

I wish I had something inspirational to say, but I really don't, other than that I hope you feel better too.

@Scarecrow--Thank you. I just need to get over it, more or less. I need to find that motivation, and I used to love to draw for the fun of it; nowadays, I can't seem to find any fun in it [because I feel like I have to be really good...and that makes it not fun for me].

I wish I had something inspirational to say, but I really don't, other than that I hope you feel better too.
In my experience, "inspirational" stuff just falls flat to someone who's actually depressed. If they're just down for a day or two, it might work, but for real lasting depression it's not going to do much. Probably.

I can feel depression creeping on me lately.

In my daily life, there are always that group that are in power of everything at my school that try to run everyone out so they can stay in power. They decide to make their own rules and cause people to leave because they taunt them until they do. When someone actually doesn't listen to them, they are harassed like heck, literally in tears.

Of course, I would be one of those people that got into their path and refused to listen to their corrupt ways, and now they have gone out of their way to make sure I don't get want I'm working for, and since they basically run all the things I enjoy, trying to force me out of it one way or another. What's really sad is watching my best friends that support me and refuse to listen to them are being attacked as well.

It hasn't really struck me yet, but I know I'll probably have a massive breakdown sooner or later.

Form a tight group of friends with the other oppressed and support each other until high school, where cliques (usually) die off.

Unless you're already in high school, in which case you just need to stick with the friends you have.

Fi said:
In my daily life, there are always that group that are in power of everything at my school that try to run everyone out so they can stay in power. They decide to make their own rules and cause people to leave because they taunt them until they do. When someone actually doesn't listen to them, they are harassed like heck, literally in tears.

Damn. I've known some shitty people at past schools but nothing that bad.

Javelin seems to be on the right track when it comes to what you should do about it, though of course I don't know the details of the situation so I can't really say for sure.

Dr. Javelin said:
Form a tight group of friends with the other oppressed and support each other until high school, where cliques (usually) die off.

Unless you're already in high school, in which case you just need to stick with the friends you have.

I'm in High School, and becoming a Senior next year. I have dealt with them for the past three years, but it got really bad this year. Thankfully they won't be around much longer, so I have that to look forward to. It's just irritating and depressing dealing with their bias rules that let them slide away with stuff that we cannot slide away with.

Fi said:

Damn. I've known some shitty people at past schools but nothing that bad.

Javelin seems to be on the right track when it comes to what you should do about it, though of course I don't know the details of the situation so I can't really say for sure.

Yeah, it is pretty bad; everyone is starting to see it and are getting sick and tired of their ego. Seriously, I thought I would never see someone that could qualify as having the biggest egos in the world, but I think I found them.

Fi said:
Seriously, I thought I would never see someone that could qualify as having the biggest egos in the world, but I think I found them.
That would be teenagers for you.
Fi said:
Yeah, it is pretty bad; everyone is starting to see it and are getting sick and tired of their ego.
If popular opinion is against them then why are they still in power?

Dr. Javelin said:
Fi said:
Seriously, I thought I would never see someone that could qualify as having the biggest egos in the world, but I think I found them.
That would be teenagers for you.
Fi said:
Yeah, it is pretty bad; everyone is starting to see it and are getting sick and tired of their ego.
If popular opinion is against them then why are they still in power?

It's like asking why the 1% of higher class people are not being overthrown by the 99% medium to lower class people: no everyone really cares. Only a few actually try to make a difference, but other than that, not many people are really phased by that.

Which it is why it is depressing to see it happen, because people are not really affected because they never been a target of them.

EDIT - I'm not saying that the classes were something we should look into, it was just an example I learned in Sociology.

Fi said:
It's like asking why the 1% of higher class people are not being overthrown by the 99% medium to lower class people: no everyone really cares.
Depends on the circumstance; the French Revolution and the Russian Revolution were both started by a 99% who cares.

And America isn't really that divided; while we may have 30% or greater poverty line, that still leaves a great percentage of Americans who are middle class.

Dr. Javelin said:
In my experience, "inspirational" stuff just falls flat to someone who's actually depressed. If they're just down for a day or two, it might work, but for real lasting depression it's not going to do much. Probably.

Javelin's right. It takes quite a bit for me to get inspired and motivated. But, just the thought of other's support and such, it does help. :] And I appreciate it, so much.

I'll just write why I have depression a lot of the time.

My friends, who weren't exactly good friends, starting calling me names and shit over iMessages. On the iPad. I didn't even know they could get so low. But anyway, they were constantly teasing me and I couldn't do anything about it, I had to suck it up and keep reading, eventually, I snapped and called them horrible friends and stuff then after that my self-esteem came to an all time low and I was really depressed. My best friend was talking about me behind my back, they wouldn't be nice to me and constantly ignoring me. They even made a new conversation on iMessages purely for the sake of talking about me behind my back (my better friend hinted at it early on, which helped, he confirmed it for me recently, they all know I know now.). Now, my best friend doesn't talk to me... At all... It's sad, we've been friends since kindergarten and now because of an argument he wasn't even apart of, he's ignoring me. He took the other assholes sides because he was in their class, even though they were the ones attacking me.

It's a little better now, they're nicer than before but every time something bad happens, (they trip me playfully, hit me playfully, ignore me) I get bad thoughts and constantly think that I have no friends for short periods of time. And I've also picked up the ability to 'be afraid of speaking'... Speaking, I'm afraid of talking to people now. I'm afraid if I say something wrong, I'll get teased again. I'm afraid if my joke isn't funny, I'll get teased again.

That's just me though, I'm sure everybody else might've had worse experiences than mine.

NintendoQueen said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Javelin's right. It takes quite a bit for me to get inspired and motivated. But, just the thought of other's support and such, it does help. :] And I appreciate it, so much.

It's the opposite for me; I can get worked up into a crusade over anything.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
I'm afraid of talking to people now. I'm afraid if I say something wrong, I'll get teased again. I'm afraid if my joke isn't funny, I'll get teased again.

oh i know that feeling

I see a lot of posts about being teased and bullied. It sickens me that people would do this to you guys. People are mean, they tease and bully for the sake of feeling empowered. They like to find other people who they know won't fight back and will tease them to end. These kids tripping and calling names and teasing are extremely immature and insecure. I never understood why people have to tease and be mean. I just never understood why people are mean for the sake of being mean.

If this stuff is really hurting your self-esteem, I would go and talk to a counselor or a trusted family, friend, or any other adult to help you out with your situation. I'm not sure about you guys, but talking and venting to people and then hearing what they have to say [when they do say something useful] helps me out a bit.

Also, from your posts, I can see you guys are in high school. Yes, I saw a ton of teasing in high school too. Once I got into college, I haven't seen the teasing anymore [also that greatly depends on where you go to college too].

Wow. I said nothing the other day, and suddenly, my best friend is gone. Bam, like that. Now he hates me. And I found out the girl I like hates me too, which is a let down.

NintendoQueen said:
I see a lot of posts about being teased and bullied. It sickens me that people would do this to you guys. People are mean, they tease and bully for the sake of feeling empowered. They like to find other people who they know won't fight back and will tease them to end. These kids tripping and calling names and teasing are extremely immature and insecure. I never understood why people have to tease and be mean. I just never understood why people are mean for the sake of being mean.

If this stuff is really hurting your self-esteem, I would go and talk to a counselor or a trusted family, friend, or any other adult to help you out with your situation. I'm not sure about you guys, but talking and venting to people and then hearing what they have to say [when they do say something useful] helps me out a bit.

Also, from your posts, I can see you guys are in high school. Yes, I saw a ton of teasing in high school too. Once I got into college, I haven't seen the teasing anymore [also that greatly depends on where you go to college too].

The problem is, I can't tell anybody, I can't trust anybody. I've given them one chance by telling them a secret and every single person has blown it and told someone.

@Natsu--I wouldn't trust another teenager. I'd tell an adult about this situation.

OJ Toad said:
Wow. I said nothing the other day, and suddenly, my best friend is gone. Bam, like that. Now he hates me. And I found out the girl I like hates me too, which is a let down.
Have they said they hated you, or are you just assuming this? What are they doing to make you think they hate you?

Well, I don't know if it's really 100% hate, but they've started ignoring me completly and talking about me behind my back...

Back