Dixie Kong in SSB4

Do you think Dixie Kong should PLAYABLE (as requested by Zero777) in the next SSB?

• Yes

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Don't care, she's useless

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Count Bleck said:
Jeff said:
OMimistasia said:
Gravity Antonion said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Now, R.O.B., on the other hand...

You mean Mr. Game & Watch. Mr. Game & Watch is awesome, though, so that balances it.

Also, no Dixie Kong. The Donkey Kong series has enough playable characters.
Mr. Game & Watch is awesome, but I think Dixie should be playable. She was playable in Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and the Mario Baseball stuff.
Per, plus DK only has 2 fighters, Mario and Pokémon have atleast 5 each. (In the entire smash bros. series)
Yeah, DK deserves more, he's a good series.
Zero777 said:
OMimistasia said:
I think Dixie should be in SSB4. She would be easy to put in story mode, just a Diddy companion, and it would be another female character added to roster. It would also be easy to think of alternate costumes and a moveset. Discuss....

I don't think Dixie Kong will be a good idea as playable, for starters she is not that notable. When chosing new characters for the next SSB you need to ask yourself two questions. 1. Are they notable enough? Dixie Kong is not notable enough, the only reason she appeared in the mario sports games is to fill up some spots but she was still obscure. 2. What moves can be made for them? Not that much moves nor a Final smash can be mad for her, but I do agree she has to appear in the game besides a trophy or sticker, probably an assist trophy.

Oh, yea, modify your poll question into "do you think Dixie Kong should be playable in SSB4?", because I can see how users can confuse the poll for something else.
1. She is notable enough, if you've played any Donkey Kong games.
2. What's with you and the word obscure?
3. I could easily think of a moveset for her. Her ponytail could be involved in both. Her FS could be a giant ponytail that acts like a pendulum that starts in the middle of the stage and goes back and forth.
4. Most people have common sense and will know that I mean playable, but for users like you, I'll change the question.

Anything else zero?

1.I haven't play THE DK series, so probably I'm wrong. 2.Another way to use the word obscure is "random" characters, because sometimes I come accross somebody who ask for comepletly stupid characters, which are obscure to the SSB series (I'm not talking about Dixie Kong). 3. I answered. 4. I say that I can see how other users can confuse the question for something else I never said I confused it with something else, and I suggested you should change it, I never said to change it.

Unwithful.

The SSB series are starting to have way too many characters. Too unnotable characters can't be in because there has to be a limit. In my opinion, Dixie is below.

Upper Class Twit of the Year said:
Unwithful.

The SSB series are starting to have way too many characters. Too unnotable characters can't be in because there has to be a limit. In my opinion, Dixie is below.

Hmmmm.......... :-\ your saying that the SSB series have way too much characters as if it's a bad, is't to you ????

Unwithful.

Too many? Psht I'd rather have 100 than 20 anyday, The more characters the better.

Count Bleck said:
Unwithful.

Too many? Psht I'd rather have 100 than 20 anyday, The more characters the better.
Per.

Unwithful.

Well, I don't really think that Mr. Game and Watch deserves a spot in front of a lot of charcters. Don't get me wrong, he's epic and the game wouldnt be the same without him. (Haha rhyme in bold) But I don't believe having the same roster or less characters would be a good idea. 1. Nintendo would lose money because some people just buy it for the characters. (Notice I said some) 2. What fun would it be with the same fighters every time? That's why Dixie along with other characters should be in the series.
Larry Butz said:
If this was the late 90's, then DK would need more representatives. Now? Not a chance.
I sort of agree with that, but Dixie Kong is becoming more popular in the Mario series as well which would make her a better choice in my mind.

Popple said:
King K. Rool seems more justified, IMO.
Yes, there needs to be more strong, evil guys as well as females. No more Mario's or Sonic's. (That's why I pray Shadow won't be in it.) We need evil guys and females Nintendo!

Count Bleck said:
Unwithful.

Well, I don't really think that Mr. Game and Watch deserves a spot in front of a lot of charcters. Don't get me wrong, he's epic and the game wouldnt be the same without him. (Haha rhyme in bold) But I don't believe having the same roster or less characters would be a good idea. 1. Nintendo would lose money because some people just buy it for the characters. (Notice I said some) 2. What fun would it be with the same fighters every time? That's why Dixie along with other characters should be in the series.

That's a pretty-hard-to-solve problem, but I'm sure that the Sora guys will figure it out. They could get rid of some of the less necessary characters (Toon Link and one of the space animals, probaly Wolf, in my opinon).

Count Bleck said:
Unwithful.

That's a pretty-hard-to-solve problem, but I'm sure that the Sora guys will figure it out. They could get rid of some of the less necessary characters (Toon Link and one of the space animals, probaly Wolf, in my opinon).
Yes, Toon Link is useless. I didn't like Young Link either

King K. Rool would represent the series better but Dixie is still a major part of the DK series...

Jimmy said:
King K. Rool would represent the series better but Dixie is still a major part of the DK series...
Yes, that is my arguement. Dixie is a notable character in the Donkey Kong series. She deserves it IMO.

Dixie?
Tiny plz. :-\

Uniju said:
Dixie?
Tiny plz. :-\
The 64 version of Tiny would be better, the modern version of her is too girly and tall. Both her and Dixie would be good fighters, they might even have completly different movesets.

No way, old Tiny was ugly, new Tiny is sexy. :(

Uniju said:
Wow. I did NOT expect to hear this from you, of all people. :P

Anyway, yeah, Dixie SHOULD be in the next Super Smash Brothers game. In fact, she shouldn't have been scrapped from Brawl in the first place. Although it would be nice to see her, I'd personally prefer King K. Rool. There's really no other character I'd like to see as a playable character more than him.

SolarBlaze said:
Uniju said:
I kinda did, Uniju has a way of calling anything that's a girl "sexy" and/or "hot".

Do not. :(

Moonside27 said:
Uniju said:
Ew, furry.
WHERE!?!

*fires shotgun*
*hit Uniju*

Whoops, forgot to put on the safety lock. :D You OK there Uni? ???

Not wanting to promote off topic, but furry jokes aside, let´s face that old Tiny was very ugly. The redesign may hurt the eye to some people but she´s deifnitely much better looking (and I´m NOT saying this from a furr POV but in a purely neutral one).

Easmo said:
Not wanting to promote off topic, but furry jokes aside, let´s face that old Tiny was very ugly. The redesign may hurt the eye to some people but she´s deifnitely much better looking (and I´m NOT saying this from a furr POV but in a purely neutral one).
The old version was cooler and it fit the name better.

How about Tiny, Dixie, and King K.? Like I said before, the more characters, the better.

Jeff said:
SolarBlaze said:
Uniju said:
I kinda did, Uniju has a way of calling anything that's a girl "sexy" and/or "hot".
I said that, because I thought Uniju would prefer the younger version of Tiny, because of, well...you know.

Oh, and about your signature, OMimistasia, Count Bleck didn't write the Dark Prognosticus. That book was around centries before he was born, since it said somewhere in the game that it's been around for that long, and it was stolen from the Ancients by Count Bleck's ancestors.

SolarBlaze said:
Jeff said:
SolarBlaze said:
Uniju said:
I said that, because I thought Uniju would prefer the younger version of Tiny, because of, well...you know.
I didn't realise it was a pedo joke, I thought you were refering to how Uniju like the Nintendo 64 era.

Back