The worst power-up ever

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
In your opinion, what is it?

I'd have to say the Poison Mushroom in SMB: Lost Levels. It kills you.

Sting Chameleon said:
I'd have to say the Poison Mushroom in SMB: Lost Levels. It kills you.
Per, it's the only one in the Mario series that isn't helpful.

The Poison Mushroom, IMO, is more of an obstacle.

Anyway the Dried Shroom sucks. Mistake is better anyways... :P (In the Mario Awards I wondered why Mistake was voted worse than the Dried Shroom... Maybe for appearence?)

Of the power-ups that technically DO help you, the Spring Mushroom from SMG is annoying as hell.

And Dried Shroom is considered an item. But yeah, I guess maybe because a Mistake just destroys 2 of your items.

King Dedede said:
Of the power-ups that technically DO help you, the Spring Mushroom from SMG is annoying as hell.
Yeah. As I've seen in a video you don't even need to use it if you're skillful enough t wall jump and stuff.

Other than that the Tunder Cloud from Mario Kart Wii... SUCKS.

Jimmy said:
King Dedede said:
Yeah. As I've seen in a video you don't even need to use it if you're skillful enough t wall jump and stuff.

Other than that the Tunder Cloud from Mario Kart Wii... SUCKS.
I don't have trouble controling Sping Mario, so I don't realy hate Sping Mushrooms. The thunder cloud can get annoying if you don't get rid of it in time. I still think Poision Mushroom is one of, if not, the worst.

Jimmy said:
King Dedede said:
Does the Poison Mushroom even count as a power-up?
I call it an obstacle, but it varies on one's viewpoint.
It's a Mushroom, Mushroom = power up, or death in real life.

King Dedede said:
The way I see it, if it comes out of a ? block, it's a power-up.

King Dedede said:
King Dedede said:
No, because power-UP implies that it helps you, which it doesn't.

Neither.

It's a pseudo power-up like item.

ANYWAYS, SM64DS's wings sucked- and notice how I said DS, because you can actually control it on the 64. DS version is no fun.

Sting Chameleon said:
King Dedede said:
The way I see it, if it comes out of a ? block, it's a power-up.
Using that logic springs are also power-ups.

Pretty much, I've never played the original SM64, but the wings are hard to control in SM64DS.

I hated most of the powerups in NSMB. Mega mushroom=cheap, Tiny mushroom=useless, and Koopa shell= hinderence. Only good one is the Fire flower, and they had WAY too many of those.

Dried Shrooms and Mistakes are useless, but i don't knoe if Paper Mario items are considered as power-ups :P or else the mini mushroom and koopa shell are useless.

P.S. The pinguin suit look awsome ^-^

I hate when you really need a mushroom in SPM and you hit a block and what at first looks like a mushroom comes out and then it tries to eat you. I hate that so much!

I dislike the Thunder Cloud in Mario Kart Wii- instead of hitting your enemies, if you're not quick enough, it will hit you.

Back