The worst power-up ever

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Pronouns
He/him
In your opinion, what is it?

I'd have to say the Poison Mushroom in SMB: Lost Levels. It kills you.

N

Nerdy Guy

Sting Chameleon said:
I'd have to say the Poison Mushroom in SMB: Lost Levels. It kills you.
Per, it's the only one in the Mario series that isn't helpful.

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
The Poison Mushroom, IMO, is more of an obstacle.

Anyway the Dried Shroom sucks. Mistake is better anyways... :P (In the Mario Awards I wondered why Mistake was voted worse than the Dried Shroom... Maybe for appearence?)

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
Pronouns
He/him
Of the power-ups that technically DO help you, the Spring Mushroom from SMG is annoying as hell.

And Dried Shroom is considered an item. But yeah, I guess maybe because a Mistake just destroys 2 of your items.

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
King Dedede said:
Of the power-ups that technically DO help you, the Spring Mushroom from SMG is annoying as hell.
Yeah. As I've seen in a video you don't even need to use it if you're skillful enough t wall jump and stuff.

Other than that the Tunder Cloud from Mario Kart Wii... SUCKS.

N

Nerdy Guy

Jimmy said:
King Dedede said:
Yeah. As I've seen in a video you don't even need to use it if you're skillful enough t wall jump and stuff.

Other than that the Tunder Cloud from Mario Kart Wii... SUCKS.
I don't have trouble controling Sping Mario, so I don't realy hate Sping Mushrooms. The thunder cloud can get annoying if you don't get rid of it in time. I still think Poision Mushroom is one of, if not, the worst.

N

Nerdy Guy

Jimmy said:
King Dedede said:
Does the Poison Mushroom even count as a power-up?
I call it an obstacle, but it varies on one's viewpoint.
It's a Mushroom, Mushroom = power up, or death in real life.

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Pronouns
He/him
King Dedede said:
The way I see it, if it comes out of a ? block, it's a power-up.

Jesus Freak

King Bowser
Pronouns
She/her
King Dedede said:
King Dedede said:
No, because power-UP implies that it helps you, which it doesn't.
Neither.

It's a pseudo power-up like item.

ANYWAYS, SM64DS's wings sucked- and notice how I said DS, because you can actually control it on the 64. DS version is no fun.

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
Sting Chameleon said:
King Dedede said:
The way I see it, if it comes out of a ? block, it's a power-up.
Using that logic springs are also power-ups.

Pretty much, I've never played the original SM64, but the wings are hard to control in SM64DS.

Luigifreak

OH YEAH!!! WALUIGI TIME!!!!
I hated most of the powerups in NSMB. Mega mushroom=cheap, Tiny mushroom=useless, and Koopa shell= hinderence. Only good one is the Fire flower, and they had WAY too many of those.

Kyogre96

Goomba
Dried Shrooms and Mistakes are useless, but i don't knoe if Paper Mario items are considered as power-ups :P or else the mini mushroom and koopa shell are useless.

P.S. The pinguin suit look awsome ^-^

O

OMimistasia

I hate when you really need a mushroom in SPM and you hit a block and what at first looks like a mushroom comes out and then it tries to eat you. I hate that so much!

N

Noahp89

I dislike the Thunder Cloud in Mario Kart Wii- instead of hitting your enemies, if you're not quick enough, it will hit you.