What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Sunset Boulevard

On Wednesday I watched Ratatoing by Video Brinquedo. It was so bad it was good. Although the DVD I have only has the Dutch dub (I found it at CeX for 50 cents)

I saw Ready Player One 5 days prior. It was great, and definitely the best movie of the first quarter of 2018.

Collateral Beauty

It honestly wasn't a bad movie, but there are far batter ways to spend an hour and fifty minutes of your time.

The ending of Collateral Beauty was horrible. The whole thing with Will Smith's wife was already annoying enough, but I don't know why they had to even do the "maybe, maybe not" thing with the three actors.

I mean, I actually found it refreshing that for once there was a movie about complicated human relationships and positive impacts on lives and so on that didn't rely on "oh they're angels/spirits/his dead father/whatever." I actually liked the idea that these were just three normal, somewhat selfish people who were doing something of questionable ethics for their own personal gain. I just left this movie thinking that it came close to offering something interesting, but failed to break trends in the end. I'd like to see an uplifting story that's framed in more selfish, individualistic terms, actually.

I saw the movie Twister it made me get interested in tornados a few years back.

Lake Placid vs. Anaconda. It is great, but it scared me, I enjoy scary movies like those.

How To Train Your Dragon.

I had it since before, but I never watched it. Finally, I decided to.

Back