What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

The most recent movie I saw was Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle seven days ago. Believe it or not it was still in the local theater despite being released in 2017

Magnolia
My favorite movie from Paul Thomas Anderson (or my boy Paul is what I like to call him), as well as my third favorite movie of all time behind The Departed and Titanic.

Bruce Almighty. It is one of my favourites I have seeen it since it came out, it wasn't rated for my age at the time, but I liked it anyways. :posh:

Thor Ragnarok

that was about 10 times better than i thought it'd be.

i mean okay granted my expectations were kinda down after the mess that was thor 2

Heathers

first time watching it since I somehow missed the groupwatch

looking back on it this is probably the type of movie that would never be released today but I liked it

The movie I Could Only Imagine. It has the same name as the song, it goes into the life of the person who wrote the song.

Tom and Jerry: The Movie

I love this movie and think it's underrated. However it would've been better off as its own thing and not having Tom and Jerry, since they are admittedly portrayed nothing like their TV versions, aside from the scenes that don't have anything to do with the plot. When I first watched it as a kid, I had no idea them talking was a one-off thing since I had not seen the show at the time (and I guess I didn't pay much attention to the scene where they begin talking and are surprised about it). For that reason, I can't hate this movie. But I would agree that being an original thing would've served it better than basing it on a show with a completely different tone.

Lady Bird

really enjoyed it :)

also earlier this year The Greatest Showman, Downsizing, Black Panther, Coco and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

The other night I watched Dumbo (1941). I think the 2001 DVD menu is really cool. Guess what my favorite part was?

Pink Elephants on Parade.

And today I finally watched Cars (2006).

Back