What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

My Neighbor Totoro

and

Grave of the Fireflies

Feels/10 (at least the second one)

This movie was... weird.

It was a little too slow for my tastes storywise, but the directing and style was really great again. It only really picked up about halfway through so it still gets a passing grade.

However, I like how this movie pulled through while it lacked any sort of antagonist. It felt really original.

54a78ae6b5612_-_giphy-pu2ani.gif

and

Thor 2

The first half of the movie was as boring as Thor 1. The second half was arguably better. Then the ending was wft.

Loki didn't die?
And he killed Odin?

Wow way to ruin the plot.

Kiki's Delivery Service

This was kinda comparable with Totoro, but probably only because it was a kids movie.

It did however lack some of those great shots that were in Miyazaki's previous movies. I mean it had good ones, like the whole thing where she searched for a town near the beginning of the movie, but it lacked some of those "omg i need a desktop wallpaper out of that"-moments that the previous 3 (lacking the castle of cagliostro since i didnt watch that (yet)) movies had.

Anyways, it was better than Totoro, and on a quality level about on par with Castle in the Sky I guess, with Nausicaä being a bit better.

And that other Ghibli movie from 1988 is also a little better than this one imo, but it was a nice watch, especially because this is a true "all ages" movie, and you aren't bored like in Totoro.

Only Yesterday

One of "those" movies.

At least it wasn't as boring as most movies of the genre. And it incorporated memories into the script in an interesting way.

Overall though, it was a lot less entertaining than the previous movies of Studio Ghibli.

1. Grave of the Fireflies
2. Nausicaä
3. Kiki's Delivery Service
4. Castle in the Sky
5. My Neighbor Totoro
6. Only Yesterday

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I really liked it. I honestly don't know if the premise of the movie is one of the most brilliant ones ever or one of the dumbest. I think it's a mixture of both. But something that I just don't get about it is how mature it is for a movie about humans and cartoons interacting.

The Martian

>mfw the final scene and all you can think of is

"holy shit matt damon wears the exact same glasses i have"

I just watched the first half of the future segment of Back to the Future II, effectively live as it happened.

I'll be watching the second half of the 2015 scene in a couple hours.

It was alright. Tom Hanks is always amazing and the movie was interesting, but it felt like it needed some more driving force. I liked it, but if it weren't Spielberg or an Oscar contender, I wouldn't feel a pressing need to see it.

then again it currently has an 8.1/10 on imdb so it seems other people are more enthusiastic

So all year long I have been watching shit movies by really talented directors including Blackhat, Accidental Love, Tomorrowland, Pixels, Pan, and Aloha, I finally saw a movie by a great director that is...eh.

Back